Galaxy Note 2 waiting Lounge

delcopa

Reaction score
Yes, probably a preparatory step to extending the ship date to December 27th. Well that or to shipping on November 27th.

Sorry, couldn't help myself.

Did they list a year after Dec 27th lol.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

rumblee1

Reaction score
Well I called the Verizon store on Amherst st in Nashua nh and asked if I could buy the galaxy note 2 at full retail without activating it. The rep said no, they're not allowed to sell a phone without activating it. I thought this sounded funny so I called corporate Verizon and got a very polite rep that told me that video most certainly could buy the phone at full retail and not active it. When I called the Verizon store back, I got the same rep and she insisted that they would not sell me the phone if I didn't activate it. She was rude too. I've been with Verizon since they took over for nynex. I also have 4 phones on my plan. What can way to treat a customer. The fact is, YES, YOU CAN BUY A PHONE AT FULL RETAIL AND NOT ACTIVATE IT.

OP
pc747

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
I'm expecting lots of reviews if the Note 2. I'm not jumping on another phone on launch day ever AGAIN.
I am very excited for the Note 2, but I'm a little gun shy of Samsung phones after going through 4 or 5 Nexi.
I'm hoping that there is a liquid smooth rom for this bad boy soon after it's release. Right after a speedy unlocking of the boot loader.

Have the phone worth getting it. Unless vzw really botch it with their software the phone has been solid for me through and through. Was playing video games on it yesterday.

drew96dawg

Reaction score
I have a closet full of old game systems lol

Sent from my DROID2 using Xparent Blue Tapatalk 2

OP
pc747

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score

delcopa

Reaction score

delcopa

Reaction score
I have a closet full of old game systems lol

Sent from my DROID2 using Xparent Blue Tapatalk 2

Always think of the first game "pong" talk about coming far along lol

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

geoff5093

Reaction score
Well I called the Verizon store on Amherst st in Nashua nh and asked if I could buy the galaxy note 2 at full retail without activating it. The rep said no, they're not allowed to sell a phone without activating it. I thought this sounded funny so I called corporate Verizon and got a very polite rep that told me that video most certainly could buy the phone at full retail and not active it. When I called the Verizon store back, I got the same rep and she insisted that they would not sell me the phone if I didn't activate it. She was rude too. I've been with Verizon since they took over for nynex. I also have 4 phones on my plan. What can way to treat a customer. The fact is, YES, YOU CAN BUY A PHONE AT FULL RETAIL AND NOT ACTIVATE IT.
Did you call any other Verizon stores? There should be a few others nearby.

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7
Was this a Verizon Phone Center Store (company owned), or a Verizon Authorized Dealer (i.e. franchise)...they are sometimes hard to tell apart (see Authorized Agent stores immediately below).

View attachment 58535View attachment 58536View attachment 58537

If they are NOT a Verizon Wireless Phone Center Store (like those below), they can make their own rules about whether to sell you a phone at retail or require it to be activated (thereby earning a commission). See below for Phone Center Stores;

View attachment 58538View attachment 58539

I checked the Amherst St., Nashua, NH location and there was a message from "the owner", "From the owner: “Visit the Verizon Wireless store in Nashua for the latest cell phones, plans, iPhones, and cell phone accessories. Verizon Wireless has the nation's largest 4G LTE network.”

This looks like it could be a privately owned "Authorized Agent" franchise. I ONLY deal with Verizon owned Phone Center Stores.

Last edited:
Reaction score

I went through this bs when I tried to buy the Nexus at full price. Except their excuse to not sell to me was they were only selling them on contract on launch day and not any at full retail. I even asked to speak to the manager and she wouldn't sell it. That's one of the reasons I preordered the GN2 this time around.....I don't even want to mess those clowns in the store.