Galaxy Note 2 waiting Lounge

bkdodger

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 10+
I just have to ask is paper artist easy to use?

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

It's basic.. Just snap a photo or use a pic/wallpaper anything in your gallery.. Then it gives you choices to frame/change settings... Write... ... It's harder on the Nexus no pen to write.. I'm sure on the Note it works flawlessly..

°BK's pure G-Nex°

MiXoLoGiSt

Reaction score
I am with everyone else on the DNA. Without expandable storage and only 16gb on board (11gb programmable) and a very small battery I will probably have to pass on it.

I think the DNA would have been more practical for me to carry around as a daily driver as its smaller than the Note 2, and the screen will be awesome looking, I just can't really justify buying yet another phone I will have to be close to a charger at all times with.

The battery life on the Note 2 is one of the main reasons I'm truly considering the Note 2.

bkdodger

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 10+
I agree... Battery has to come into play.. I love this Nexus but I have spare batteries to swap out... At least if you want to consider DNA give us the option to change or add a bigger battery...I pre-ordered the Note already as the size is not an issue for me...

°BK's pure G-Nex°

SlimShadySkip

Reaction score
Spoke with Verizon Rep last night

Rep told me last night that Galaxy Note II pre-orders are going to Ship out on Friday the 16th of November.

I asked for confirmation of this and he then sent me an Text Message from Verizon Wireless that confirmed Nov 16th as Ship Date...

Scott

OP
pc747

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Take that with a grain of salt. You sure she did not mean the dna was shipping on the 16th. Only thing I could think of is they shipping it to stores before the holidays. But no because the note 2 releases a week after thanksgiving.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk 2

drew96dawg

Reaction score
The dna looks amazing but that 2020mah battery is pitiful :eek:, the ONLY way I would consider it is if the note 2 has signal issues and that isn't likely.
Why would htc deliberately ruin such an amazing device?:confused:

Sent from my DROID2 using Xparent Blue Tapatalk 2

INCREMENTAL

Reaction score
drew96dawg said:
The dna looks amazing but that 2020mah battery is pitiful :eek:, the ONLY way I would consider it is if the note 2 has signal issues and that isn't likely.
Why would htc deliberately ruin such an amazing device?:confused:

Sent from my DROID2 using Xparent Blue Tapatalk 2

Personally I feel the same and I'd rather have seen the DNA for the same price as the N2 but with a battery on par to it and expandable storage, those 2 things are worth the extra $100 for me. Thank RAZR to RAZR MAXX.

I thank if the N2 has poor signal or other issues on VZW I'm just gonna hold out till Motos quad core comes out in the spring unless somehow the DNA has a trick up its sleeve.

Reaction score
Rep told me last night that Galaxy Note II pre-orders are going to Ship out on Friday the 16th of November.

I asked for confirmation of this and he then sent me an Text Message from Verizon Wireless that confirmed Nov 16th as Ship Date...

Scott

I keep hearing this Nov 16th date being thrown around on other forums and blogs. I hope it's true. But I wonder if Verizon if staggering shipments in terms of those who preordered immediatedly versus those who just put one in. Just wondering, hopefully they will update us with shipping info if they do indeed ship. But still, seems unlikely they would ship the GN2 out before their so called "flagship" device

Last edited:

XstitchCowgirl

Reaction score

Scott

Screen shot of txt?

jodyberry

Reaction score

Scott

Only 2 posts??

Hmmm....

Fr33dom

Reaction score
I guess its good-bye Verizon.

You are now chatting with 'Kristen H.'
You: I want to preorder the Galaxy Note 2 on my wife's phone but I don't want a data plan.
Kristen H.: I'd be happy to assist you.
Kristen H.: The Galaxy Note 2 is a smartphone, and it requires a data package for service.
You: She stays at home all day and has access to wifi.
You: I've read that lots of folks do something similar.
Kristen H.: Not with Verizon service, our plans require you to get a data package for smartphones. You can get a shared data package so it's more affordable per month and run off mainly wifi.
You: That would kill my unlimited.
Kristen H.: But without the monthly data, when you're not connected the phone will use data to update all the time, and you'll be charged $1.99 per MB, which is much more than the $30 data package we require. Which is why it's now required to avoid our customers having high overage charges.
You: She stays at home all day and has access to wifi
You: She never takes her phone out of the house.
Kristen H.: It's required to get a data package for smartphones. It's the way our plans are, you can't activate a smartphone without a data package.
You: Guess I'll have to go elsewhere then, is that what you're saying?
You: I've been with Verizon quite a few years.
Kristen H.: Or you can switch to the shared data package, so you won't have to pay per line for the data.
You: And pay twice as much for my data plan? No thanks.
Kristen H.: You can get the upgrade for a basic phone and not need a data pacakge.
You: I am looking to get her an android that she can use as her phone.
Kristen H.: Unfortunately there isn't anything you can do to get around the plan, if you get a smartphone is has to have a data package to active the service.
You: Then I guess I'll move on, thanks for your time.
Kristen H.: You're welcome!

Sadly, I'll pay nearly the same amount wherever I go. I think TMobile was the least expensive but that wasn't by much.

Perhaps I'll try again tomorrow and see if I get a different answer.

steeletown

Reaction score
Fr33dom said:

Sadly, I'll pay nearly the same amount wherever I go. I think TMobile was the least expensive but that wasn't by much.

Unfortunately I don't think any carrier will allow you to buy a smart phone without buying a data plan with it, unless you pay full price for the phone.

geoff5093

Reaction score
I am with everyone else on the DNA. Without expandable storage and only 16gb on board (11gb programmable) and a very small battery I will probably have to pass on it.

I think the DNA would have been more practical for me to carry around as a daily driver as its smaller than the Note 2, and the screen will be awesome looking, I just can't really justify buying yet another phone I will have to be close to a charger at all times with.

The battery life on the Note 2 is one of the main reasons I'm truly considering the Note 2.
It's a real killer, I loved the battery life on the Note 2 but IMO it's just slightly too big for practical use, the DNA is PERFECT except I would have limited storage and I'd need to charge it during the day. I'm going to test it out when they show up in store.

Scott
Hmmm, shipping 11 days before they are released in store? Doesn't sound true.

Really, did you actually expect Verizon (or any carrier) to subsidize a $700 phone on a basic voice only cell plan? No carrier lets you buy and activate a smartphone without a data plan. From the conversation, I completely agree with the sales rep, unless you want her to always remember to turn off mobile data IF she left the house (which I assume she does at least a few times), it would rack up your monthly bill enormously.

OP
pc747

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Fr33dom if you are willing to pay full price you can buy a phone with out a data plan.

As far as the note 2 the radios are awesome so far and it seems to pick up wifi from quite a bit away. Hopefully that translates to the vzw version if not vzw has some explaining to do.:angry: