Galaxy Note 2 waiting Lounge

FlyByNight

Reaction score
It has been reported that some other carriers have run out of stock on the GN2. I wonder if Samsung is having difficulty meeting demand. Also, some who have preordered from Verizon have a shipping date of 11/27 and some get the notice "no information available" when checking their preorder status. I am in the latter category, and I hope there isn't going to be a delay.

Reaction score
It has been reported that some other carriers have run out of stock on the GN2. I wonder if Samsung is having difficulty meeting demand. Also, some who have preordered from Verizon have a shipping date of 11/27 and some get the notice "no information available" when checking their preorder status. I am in the latter category, and I hope there isn't going to be a delay.

Also with info today that the DNA is releasing on Nov 20th, that about confirms we arent seeing the Note 2 before the 27th now. :angry: I bet Verizon has the GN2s ready to go, especially with that logo on the home button.....they are just holding onto them to release when they want to.

Last edited:

bkdodger

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 10+
So true especially after I post my review of this thing tomorrow.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk 2

Let's go brotha... I'm waiting patiently and it's a slow day today... Haha

I'm checkin in. Preordered a week ago.

What up my friend.. I'm there with you.

°BK's pure G-Nex°

delcopa

Reaction score

I've would hope after a delay of over a month from other carriers they will at least release it on time. Also being able to fill pre order since they know how many.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

craig8868

Reaction score
I am going to take my chances and wait until I can get one in the store. I am probably going to pay full price anyway. I am not worried about a shortage at other carriers at this point. Verizon's inventory will be different since they are adding the logo to the home button. :)

MiXoLoGiSt

Reaction score
Currently I have an iPhone 5 on order that will be here tomorrow but I'm seriously thinking of going for the Note 2. The battery life on the Note 2 is something I would definitely fall in love with. Also the iPhone hasn't really advanced and I am bored with it so I am seriously thinking of going with the Note 2. There are, however, 4 things that concern me about the note 2.

1.) The size of this thing. I have played with them at stores and even made sure it will fit in my pocket, but I'm not sure this will be practical carrying around all day. Most things I use 2 hands for anyways (Texting, Web Browsing, etc.) even on the tiny 3.5" iPhone 4S screen, which is why I think a bigger screen will be nice.

2.) Samsung is known for having really bad reception on their phones when it comes to CDMA. Their AT&T and T-mobile versions seem to be ok but not their Sprint or Verizon versions. I need a phone i can rely on which is why I really liked the iPhone, it had great reception. This is the biggest concern of mine as of right now because if I return the iPhone 5 and get the Note 2 I will be stuck with the Note 2 and I don't want to be stuck with a phone that gets crappy reception.

3.) Having to deal with insurance if something goes wrong with the phone. With Apple I could purchase Apple Care+ and if anything goes wrong with my phone I take it in to my apple store 30 miles away and it will be fixed or the phone will be replaced with a brand new phone (not refurb). If I go with the Note 2 will I have to pay deductibles on the Asurion insurance for Manufacturer defects and things wrong with the phone or only on accidental damage like dropping it? I used to know all about the insurance thing but I've been out of the loop for a while now.

4.) I heard the Galaxy Note 2 will not have the ability to talk and surf at the same time. Can anyone confirm or deny this? It's not like that was a deal breaker because iPhones can't do that anyways but it was just one more feature pushing me towards the Note 2.

Ultimately I am just bored with the iPhone and would love to come back to Android but I refuse to get something running ICS so it comes down to keeping the iPhone 5, going for the Note 2 or looking into the Droid DNA which looks to be a better size for my liking but without all the things I like about the Note 2 like battery life and some of the touch wiz features.

delcopa

Reaction score
Currently I have an iPhone 5 on order that will be here tomorrow but I'm seriously thinking of going for the Note 2. The battery life on the Note 2 is something I would definitely fall in love with. Also the iPhone hasn't really advanced and I am bored with it so I am seriously thinking of going with the Note 2. There are, however, 4 things that concern me about the note 2.

1.) The size of this thing. I have played with them at stores and even made sure it will fit in my pocket, but I'm not sure this will be practical carrying around all day. Most things I use 2 hands for anyways (Texting, Web Browsing, etc.) even on the tiny 3.5" iPhone 4S screen, which is why I think a bigger screen will be nice.

2.) Samsung is known for having really bad reception on their phones when it comes to CDMA. Their AT&T and T-mobile versions seem to be ok but not their Sprint or Verizon versions. I need a phone i can rely on which is why I really liked the iPhone, it had great reception. This is the biggest concern of mine as of right now because if I return the iPhone 5 and get the Note 2 I will be stuck with the Note 2 and I don't want to be stuck with a phone that gets crappy reception.

3.) Having to deal with insurance if something goes wrong with the phone. With Apple I could purchase Apple Care+ and if anything goes wrong with my phone I take it in to my apple store 30 miles away and it will be fixed or the phone will be replaced with a brand new phone (not refurb). If I go with the Note 2 will I have to pay deductibles on the Asurion insurance for Manufacturer defects and things wrong with the phone or only on accidental damage like dropping it? I used to know all about the insurance thing but I've been out of the loop for a while now.

4.) I heard the Galaxy Note 2 will not have the ability to talk and surf at the same time. Can anyone confirm or deny this? It's not like that was a deal breaker because iPhones can't do that anyways but it was just one more feature pushing me towards the Note 2.

Ultimately I am just bored with the iPhone and would love to come back to Android but I refuse to get something running ICS so it comes down to keeping the iPhone 5, going for the Note 2 or looking into the Droid DNA which looks to be a better size for my liking but without all the things I like about the Note 2 like battery life and some of the touch wiz features.

Ok let me see what I can answer for you here.

The size I'm not too worried about I like the bigger screen I'm on the galaxy nexus right now by Samsung. But this is totally personal choice.

Reception I have had an original iPhone, up to 4 then switched. Reception has been pretty much the same from what I experienced on Motorola's and others. Had original droid, droid x, thunderbolt, and nexus so far note 2 is my next.

Apple care sucked when I had it had to make appointments and everything and didn't cover lost, or damage. Was in punta cuna and walked into a pool with two drinks and phone on my side lol. Phone was toast but the sd card loves still today and that is where all my pictures and stuff was nothing lost! Try that on an iPhone no sd card. My phone made it home before I did it was overnight. Apple only covers actual defects and stuff when I had it does you can get it to cover everything.

Now I would think you can surf and talk I can do that on my thunderbolt and also nexus cause both 3g and 4g radios. But need someone that has one to comment on that. Don't know if only a Verizon thing. The new iPhone could have but Apple crushed that it was their choice.

There are a lot of droid's to pick from just depends what you want. I like Samsung over HTC and Motorola so far. I also loved the nfc on the nexus and know there is no work around to pay with the note 2 but hopeful :)

Alvarez13

Reaction score
Waiting for this phone feels like being 5 with xmas 2 wks away. I haven't got excited about xmas since i was probably 13 :frown:. However, when it comes to new tech toys, I'm bouncing off the walls :biggrin:. Verizon is really wearing me thin on this one :mad:.

MiXoLoGiSt

Reaction score
Ok let me see what I can answer for you here.

The size I'm not too worried about I like the bigger screen I'm on the galaxy nexus right now by Samsung. But this is totally personal choice.

Reception I have had an original iPhone, up to 4 then switched. Reception has been pretty much the same from what I experienced on Motorola's and others. Had original droid, droid x, thunderbolt, and nexus so far note 2 is my next.

Apple care sucked when I had it had to make appointments and everything and didn't cover lost, or damage. Was in punta cuna and walked into a pool with two drinks and phone on my side lol. Phone was toast but the sd card loves still today and that is where all my pictures and stuff was nothing lost! Try that on an iPhone no sd card. My phone made it home before I did it was overnight. Apple only covers actual defects and stuff when I had it does you can get it to cover everything.

Now I would think you can surf and talk I can do that on my thunderbolt and also nexus cause both 3g and 4g radios. But need someone that has one to comment on that. Don't know if only a Verizon thing. The new iPhone could have but Apple crushed that it was their choice.

There are a lot of droid's to pick from just depends what you want. I like Samsung over HTC and Motorola so far. I also loved the nfc on the nexus and know there is no work around to pay with the note 2 but hopeful :)

I know reception on Motorolas are usually pretty good but I have heard the Galaxy Nexus and the Galaxy S3 on Verizon suffer from terrible reception and it doesn't look like that is changing with the Note 2. I'm sure this has a lot to do with where the individual lives as well.

Apple Care+ now covers damage. You pay $100 for it up front and then it covers all defects and stuff like that for 2 years and also allows 2 accidental damage incidents. If its accidental damage you will have to pay $50 per incident but after you pay that $50 they give you a brand new phone as a replacement. I wish there was something like this for Android phones. You are, however, screwed if you lose your phone. You still have to create an appointment but at least you know it will be taken care of quickly.

As far as the talk and surf I don't see it as a huge deal if you can't on Verizon's version, I just heard the sprint version of the Note 2 is incapable of this so I was wondering if that was true for the Verizon version as well since they both use CDMA technology.

liftedplane

Gold Member
Reaction score
I know reception on Motorolas are usually pretty good but I have heard the Galaxy Nexus and the Galaxy S3 on Verizon suffer from terrible reception and it doesn't look like that is changing with the Note 2. I'm sure this has a lot to do with where the individual lives as well.

Apple Care+ now covers damage. You pay $100 for it up front and then it covers all defects and stuff like that for 2 years and also allows 2 accidental damage incidents. If its accidental damage you will have to pay $50 per incident but after you pay that $50 they give you a brand new phone as a replacement. I wish there was something like this for Android phones. You are, however, screwed if you lose your phone. You still have to create an appointment but at least you know it will be taken care of quickly.

As far as the talk and surf I don't see it as a huge deal if you can't on Verizon's version, I just heard the sprint version of the Note 2 is incapable of this so I was wondering if that was true for the Verizon version as well since they both use CDMA technology.

4g lte allows you to talk and surf Stupp on the note 2 for vzw of you steer in a 4g area you can then talk and surf. I do on my RAZR all the time

Sent from my frozenly delicious razr maxx.

delcopa

Reaction score

funny thing there I was just calling this weekend and my friend has a g3 he was getting better 4g then I was lol. And I looked at Sprint and T-Mobile for the same area they didn't even have coverage. I haven't had any issues with coverage on my device but also have heard that as well. I normally don't run stock roms so that might help also. I have heard first 30 days in store exchange for new if issues other then abuse or accident. After which yes refreb but if you get free bum ones can get new also. Figures spoke had to do something they are losing a lot of people lol.

There are many insurance coverage for it I have asuron and get replacement next day. But normally have a phone around that I can use instantly while waiting. I have had it replaced in store also before but think they changed that already around here.

Well I know for a fact Verizon can do surf and talk been doing it on nexus and thunderbolt before that they didn't. Sprint's network isn't as mature and if not in a 4g area you might not be able to do that. I just know on those two and would assume on note 2 on Verizon would still be able too. But can't at for sure haven't seen it yet on the note 2. 4g is only for data can't do voice so need 3g for voice.

See this article:

http://www.pcmag.com/article2/0,2817,2409716,00.asp

delcopa

Reaction score
Waiting for this phone feels like being 5 with xmas 2 wks away. I haven't got excited about xmas since i was probably 13 :frown:. However, when it comes to new tech toys, I'm bouncing off the walls :biggrin:. Verizon is really wearing me thin on this one :mad:.

I'm with you all the videos I have watched and stuff I have read for this release. Even have a widget for a count down on my screen lol. Keep going maybe just maybe they will release it early. Figure the pre orders will get it first then hopefully in store. Planning on being there bright and early for this one.

steeletown

Reaction score
MiXoLoGiSt said:

I have a S3 and I have no problems with reception I know some people had issues with it but I have not experienced any. I came from a razr and its not quite as good as Motorola but hardly a noticeable difference. I can also talk and surf the web on 4g and 3g so I would think that the Note 2 would be able to do the same

Alvarez13

Reaction score
I'm with you all the videos I have watched and stuff I have read for this release. Even have a widget for a count down on my screen lol. Keep going maybe just maybe they will release it early. Figure the pre orders will get it first then hopefully in store. Planning on being there bright and early for this one.

Crossing my fingers for even a day or two earlier. I have to be out of town for 3 wks starting on the 25th and was planning on having it delivered to my home address. That will certainly make the waiting all the more longer :frown:.

delcopa

Reaction score
Crossing my fingers for even a day or two earlier. I have to be out of town for 3 wks starting on the 25th and was planning on having it delivered to my home address. That will certainly make the waiting all the more longer :frown:.

Then with your luck they release on the 26th lol. That would suck for you I'm hoping but with my luck they won't only be last they will be late