Galaxy Nexus Suffering From Random Reboots

smokiedabong

Reaction score
I was getting random reboots while streaming Pandora almost every 30 min and a couple of times in other applications. This was on stock ROM , after I flashed a custom 4.0.3 ROM and kernel never had the problem again. Now I'm running Open Kang ROM and kernel and never had a random reboot ever since. I even tried to force a reboot, I opened Pandora on 4G , opened the navigation while 2 other streaming programs and 2 local music players were running in background and had a highly intensive flash site with animations displayed for hours as main window. All this while connecting and disconnecting the charger and from time to time starting and exiting a game or benchmark. Damn thing got so hot I thought it won't make it and I'll have to call Asurion, yet no reboots just the flash animations got a little choppy.

Crankintopwater69

Silver Member
Reaction score
I've had a couple... hasn't been to much of an issue but definitely there.
Same here,a couple but nothin 2 rite home about.If this question has already been asked plz 4give me-Has anybodys phone done this?-When its done chrgin,ill get it and cut it on and it goes to the screen where it looks like im geting ready to root it-theres an arrow that says start and some small writing in the bottom rite corner-sorry tryed 2 xplain the best i could

yakitori

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
No random reboots here either.

Sent from my GalaxyNexus using Tapatalk

samiusmc

Reaction score
I only got random reboots when I unlocked the bootloader and rooted it. After a few reboots, I went back to stock and they seemed to stop. Very strange.

comk4ver

Reaction score
I'm very disappointed if that's the case. I suffer from random reboots on my droid x... I recommend everyone get reboot logger on the market because the reboots might also be happening at night when you're sleeping. Also, this issue also carries over from manufacture to manufacture and carrier to carrier. The lg optimus v (virgin), motorola triumph (virgin), motorola droid x (verizon), samsung galaxy nexus...
I'm going to assume that this is something that started since froyo. Must be

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

Snow02

Reaction score
This has been a very stable phone. Any reboots people are getting are likely from tweaking or apps not agreeing with ICS. I've had a couple but only when toying with undervolting.

nbucko

Reaction score
Seems pretty random. Some have had it happen while others have not. Some who do have had it happen frequently while others very rarely. Myself, I've had probably three or four total running stock.

chewy74

Reaction score
Same with me

I've had a couple the entire time owning my Nexus. But it was while testing different voltages on a couple diff kernels which is to be expected.

Other than that, this phone has been SOLID. :cool-b:

Garemlin

Developer Relations
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
LG G3 (VZW), Nexus 7 v2
Odd this comes out today and I had my first one earlier before even reading this. Was just sitting on the desk next to me and saw the boot animation out of the corner of my eye. Weird.

xeene

Gold Member
Reaction score
Any reboots people are getting are likely from tweaking or apps not agreeing with ICS.
that was the case on my phone. was/is rebooting every other week or so after i'm experimenting with random apps that i'm guessing aren't 100% compatible with ics.

captclueless

Reaction score
no random reboots here, but had an issue a few times where when I would try to make a phone call it would go to try dial, then just go back to the dialpad.