Verizon Galaxy Nexus Unofficial 4.0.4 Update NOW Available!

yakitori

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
I'm running codenameandroid 1.3 I believe the 1/26/12 update. I reflashed the 4.0.2 radios and booted up just fine with no problems.

I copied the 4.0.4 updates over to the sd card, rebooted into recovery, and attempted to flash the update and I have gotten this error 2 times.

Verify current system....
assert failed apply_patch_check(system/app/ApplicationsProvider.apk"

E:error in /sdcard/update4.0.4radio.zip (I changed the name due to an earlier poster's directions)
Status 7
Installation aborted

This happened on the renamed file and the original file name...

Help??

Update to 4.0.4 radios firat

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

yakitori

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
I'm running codenameandroid 1.3 I believe the 1/26/12 update. I reflashed the 4.0.2 radios and booted up just fine with no problems.

I copied the 4.0.4 updates over to the sd card, rebooted into recovery, and attempted to flash the update and I have gotten this error 2 times.

Verify current system....
assert failed apply_patch_check(system/app/ApplicationsProvider.apk"

E:error in /sdcard/update4.0.4radio.zip (I changed the name due to an earlier poster's directions)
Status 7
Installation aborted

This happened on the renamed file and the original file name...

Help??

Also go back to 4.0 2 bootloader

bsmith0731

Reaction score
How do I know if I have 4.0.2 Bootloader?

I reflashed the 4.0.2 radios? that wouldn't include the bootloader?

RW-1

Silver Member
Reaction score
Xeene, many thanks, (I actually took the time to look at the vurrent folder and font file perms just after wrting you.

Patching system files now, no error, nice when one can identify the issue and know what needs to be done.

Its patching radios now. Let you know how it sits at the end, I'll push su after teh first reboot to verify on 3.0.4 ...

Thanks again ....

-iD

Reaction score
error 7? Are u using a touch cwm? If so, either revert to standard recovery or get kouch's latest updated touch version.

RW-1

Silver Member
Reaction score
Xeene,

Only one word here: Giggity ! :)

All done, pushed su afterwards ...

BTW, just for reference, if using CWM recovery, temp or even if perm, no need to rename to update.zip, you can use the choice to install then select it. That is what I used. I do believe they added that a while back to avoid those who were doing the "update.zip.zip" dance hehehe.

Rocking on ... Man I think I actually like the process better on the Gnex than my OG, though two different animals ... keeps me up on my adb commands.

bsmith0731

Reaction score
I figured out the problem.

I was downloading and trying to flash the whole update..

I needed Just the radios!

Thanks!

xeene

Gold Member
Reaction score
Xeene,

Only one word here: Giggity ! :)

All done, pushed su afterwards ...

BTW, just for reference, if using CWM recovery, temp or even if perm, no need to rename to update.zip, you can use the choice to install then select it. That is what I used. I do believe they added that a while back to avoid those who were doing the "update.zip.zip" dance hehehe.

Rocking on ... Man I think I actually like the process better on the Gnex than my OG, though two different animals ... keeps me up on my adb commands.
glad it worked!

RW-1

Silver Member
Reaction score
So am I!

Really the only thing it could have been for my issue, that's the only thing I hate about the system check, if you modded anything in /system it doesn't like, you would have to grab from a dump, or reflash to stock.

It's not as big a deal once you are on a custom ROM, typically you would have that out (and I'm sure the devs are kicking it out now) within 24-48 hours of the leak (SB not interfering of course...)

akhenax

Silver Member
Reaction score
What happened to the official 4.03 update? Are they skipping that update and going straight to 4.04 ?

syndicate0017

Silver Member
Reaction score
What happened to the official 4.03 update? Are they skipping that update and going straight to 4.04 ?

4.0.3 was strictly for the Nexus S. It was never meant for the Galaxy Nexus.

I'm also running the de-odexed, rooted, and zip-aligned 4.0.4 ROM out. It's pretty sweet.