[Download & Instructions] Galaxy Nexus 4.0.4 Build IMM76K

BenLand150

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
The link I gave, you just flash, wait a minute while it does it's thing, and you're good. So you will not lose root if already rooted.

And Yes, Android OS is fixed/shows up properly now. :)

And I agree.. my a few of my friends asked me if they should get the Nexus and I said only if they root. Because stock is.. bad. At least in my experience.

CJLee89

Reaction score
The download to the 4.0.4 image seems broken, is there another link?

Ok, I got it from someone's dropbox, do I need to unlock my boot loader to get this to work? I'm trying to boot CWM touch recovery and it's just sitting at < waiting for device >
Google pulled the .zip file sometime last night. It was up for quite a few hours so I am sure there are several mirrors available by now. Use WugsFresh's toolkit to boot to clockworkmod temporarily to flash the .zip. Reboot and enjoy.

CJLee89

Reaction score
Will I lose all my icons and settings? Or will this be like applying the OTA?

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2
This is the OTA so it will be just like applying the OTA. The only difference is you see text lines as things happen instead of a progress bar.

Josefius

Reaction score
Google pulled the .zip file sometime last night. It was up for quite a few hours so I am sure there are several mirrors available by now. Use WugsFresh's toolkit to boot to clockworkmod temporarily to flash the .zip. Reboot and enjoy.

I use the Boot/Flash Image section right? This method is not very straight forward, it seems to want to grab a file from my local computer.

Last edited:

Josefius

Reaction score
Ok, I realized my problem, I wasn't in fastboot mode. I made a backup thank god, because the install went bad. I have an un-locked boot loader... have to do a factory wipe. What's the best way to restore my backup?

Format is taking a long time :(

akhenax

Silver Member
Reaction score
If we wait, will this eventually make it to my phone automatically by an OTA Update? Or is this one of those things where we could be waiting until 12/21/12, aka the Apocalypse, before Verizon releases it?

jntdroid

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
If we wait, will this eventually make it to my phone automatically by an OTA Update? Or is this one of those things where we could be waiting until 12/21/12, aka the Apocalypse, before Verizon releases it?

It was hitting Verizon corporate phones via OTA yesterday, so theoretically it shouldn't be too far behind for the rest of us.

CJLee89

Reaction score
Ok, I realized my problem, I wasn't in fastboot mode. I made a backup thank god, because the install went bad. I have an un-locked boot loader... have to do a factory wipe. What's the best way to restore my backup?

Format is taking a long time :(
Nandroid backup?

BlackHoleSlam

Reaction score
You guys do know this update was pulled off googles servers since it must have a massive bug when i have it the Problem i hit was that their is huge battery drain for no reason dropping from 91 percent to 65 percent in about an 1 Hour while it sat in my pocket and was extremely hot

Saryon

Reaction score
You guys do know this update was pulled off googles servers since it must have a massive bug when i have it the Problem i hit was that their is huge battery drain for no reason dropping from 91 percent to 65 percent in about an 1 Hour while it sat in my pocket and was extremely hot

Wut?

Josefius

Reaction score
I love the new radios and bug fixes, plus I have an unlocked bootloader. I might as well root now.

OP
wicked

wicked

Administrator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 3 XL
Twitter
@MikeAlvez
I love the new radios and bug fixes, plus I have an unlocked bootloader. I might as well root now.

DO eet! :rockon:

Josefius

Reaction score
DO eet! :rockon:

Will do, but my only question is, the Galaxy Nexus Toolkit v6.1 doesn't have the latest version (4.0.4 IMM76K) in the version list. Should I wait for an updated version of the Toolkit? If not, what version do I choose? lol

CJLee89

Reaction score
Will do, but my only question is, the Galaxy Nexus Toolkit v6.1 doesn't have the latest version (4.0.4 IMM76K) in the version list. Should I wait for an updated version of the Toolkit? If not, what version do I choose? lol
Galaxy Nexus Root Toolkit | WugFresh

I used this toolkit and it works like a charm. I think the latest su.zip has the binaries to root 4.0.4 unless IMM76K changed drastically. Make a backup and see. Remember though, unlocking your device wipes EVERYTHING! Apps, pictures, settings, etc.