4.0.4 update zip!

Jung136

Reaction score
Are you meaning the su.zip that the toolkit installs? Or the 4.04 zip that I referenced above? (I ask, b/c my phone is still at 4.04)

Thanks (again)!
Its not the one from the toolkit, Its a Separate download.. give me your email and I can send it to you

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using DroidForums

Jung136

Reaction score
OK, so after rereading the post, it looks like I should use the new updated zip I referenced earlier.

(I can't boot into recovery using ROM Manager, to update using update.zip)
So silly question, how do I do this?

Up/Down volume + power gives me the very basic menu... obv there is no CWR since I lost root
I'm not sure how to boot into recovery using the toolkit. (Do I follow the steps like I would to root, but select a diff file?

First rename the su.zip you downloaded to su404.zip and put it in the the root file storage of your device. then use the toolkit, do the same thing you always do and when it opens it into recovery and prompts you to select the su.zip and install it, select the NEW zip (su404.zip) and install that instead and you should be good to go! :)

middleP

Reaction score
Looks like I may be back up and running.

Found an newer 4.04 file, used the toolkit to root (familiar way of accessing recovery) and selected the zip.
Once I cleared data/cache for SU, TBU, ROM Manager, etc it appears I have root again.
Backing up now, so we will see. Would still love to have the newer su file in case I encounter this again.

Thanks, bud!

middleP

Reaction score
First rename the su.zip you downloaded to su404.zip ... select the NEW zip (su404.zip)

Oh silly me, I didn't even know that you could name them something other than su.zip and update.zip :unsure:

pjkump

Reaction score
OUCH! I unlocked and rooted and loaded 4.0.4 on Saturday and I've had a random reboot everyday since. When I was on 4.0.2 I only had 2 random reboots in 3 months. :frown:

captdroid

Reaction score
OUCH! I unlocked and rooted and loaded 4.0.4 on Saturday and I've had a random reboot everyday since. When I was on 4.0.2 I only had 2 random reboots in 3 months. :frown:

Perhaps one of your installed apps is not playing nice with 4.0.4. I have 4.0.4 running on two Gnex's now and it runs great on both. One is the BlackHat full ROM install stock 4.0.4 and the other I used the update zip in the OP. Both are rooted.

Htown315

Reaction score

If you are NOT on the stock kernel then I'd try a different kernel. If its the stock kernel its likely an app as stated above.

aklam82

Reaction score
I had a conversation Sunday with a verizon technical support employee to address signal issues in my area and I asked about the OTA. I told them that I expected an update soon to fix signal/data connectivity issues and they confirmed that it should roll out at the end of February and that it was to correct issues related to that. What surprised me is that they stated another update would soon follow in March but they did not specify the purpose of that update. Has anyone else heard the same thing?

x25064

Reaction score
I had a conversation Sunday with a verizon technical support employee to address signal issues in my area and I asked about the OTA. I told them that I expected an update soon to fix signal/data connectivity issues and they confirmed that it should roll out at the end of February and that it was to correct issues related to that. What surprised me is that they stated another update would soon follow in March but they did not specify the purpose of that update. Has anyone else heard the same thing?

Anything you hear from Verizon about updates is about as good as news your get from Fox.

pjkump

Reaction score
Perhaps one of your installed apps is not playing nice with 4.0.4. I have 4.0.4 running on two Gnex's now and it runs great on both. One is the BlackHat full ROM install stock 4.0.4 and the other I used the update zip in the OP. Both are rooted.

It might have been an app but I went back to 4.0.2 and phone has been flawless so I'll guess I'm going to wait for the official update and diagnose it at that time. I've had no troubles with signal or anything else I was just curious and wanted 4.0.4. :)

captdroid

Reaction score
It might have been an app but I went back to 4.0.2 and phone has been flawless so I'll guess I'm going to wait for the official update and diagnose it at that time. I've had no troubles with signal or anything else I was just curious and wanted 4.0.4. :)

Yes 4.0.2 runs good but 4.0.4 runs quite a bit better my experience.

x25064

Reaction score
4.0.4 ran great for me. Still not as smooth as axiom and I missed Tom features like notification Widgets.

hondaguy520

Reaction score

verizon does not know what they are talking about, when i purchased my gnex a couple days ago she asked me "would you like to put your sd card in it now?"

i said, "it doesnt have an sd card slot" lol