Laying a nandroid backup over the OTA

whopua

Reaction score
I backed up my phone using ROM manager and was on the old 4.0.4 leak. I manually installed the new one but when I restored my backup it says I am back on the old build IMM30B apparently with the OTA radios. I am in the process of updating my wife's GNex which is what brought this to my attention. I don't want to install her backup now. Here is what our two phones are saying:

Mine
Baseband version I515.10 V.FC04 / I515.FC05
Kernel version 3.0.8-g21f62a0 android build@apa28 #1
Build number IMM30B

Wife's
Baseband version I515.09 V.FC04 / I515.FC05
Kernel version 3.0.8-gda6252b android-build@vpbs1 #1
AMP PREEMPT Fri Apr 13 11:35:09 PDT 2012
Build number IMM76K

Part of the reason I'm afraid to use her nandroid now is that her phone was having some major issues with that one-way audio and the update supposedly fixes that. I think from now on I'm just going to do a TiBu backup versus a nandroid.

What are you guys' thoughts on this?

syndicate0017

Silver Member
Reaction score
I don't understand your question...

Are you wondering why you still have the new radios? If so, its because a Nandroid does not include radios. If you want the old radios, you'll have to fast boot them.

If that wasn't your question, I apologize.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

OP
whopua

whopua

Reaction score
My apologies. Let me clarify. I guess I am just wondering if I basically lost everything. Did I end up restoring the entire 4.0.4 build but got the new OTA radios?

syndicate0017

Silver Member
Reaction score
The only thing you lost was the most recent 4.0.4. The leaked 4.0.4 you nandroided to doesn't encompass all the most recent fixes. You still have the OTA radios because once radios are installed, they are there for good. No nandroid or wipe will revert them.

You can just retake the OTA if you want to get back on an official build.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2