Just got the OTA update for my Nexus.

wolfpackron

Reaction score
Was anyone that received the update rooted? Or do I have to go back to stock to be able to receive the update? Thanks in advance, WolfpackRon.

kunzy

Reaction score
Received update this morning I work in a bad reception area my dx was bad at first but with every update reception got better so far with this update reception is the same not too happy

zinethar

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 8 and Note 10
Today I used WugFresh's Galaxy Nexus Toolkit v1.4 to go back to stock (from birds 4.0.4 version which was causing me issues). It went without a hitch. Almost as soon as it booted I was hit with the update notice which i allowed. Once that was done I used his root with permanent CWM also without a hitch. BTW - my Nexus was unlocked the whole time. I did do a complete backup first as stuff seems to happen sometimes :). This was one of the easiest things I have ever tried. No wiping/pain at all.

Mopdaddy

Reaction score
This is by far the worst update yet. I randomly lose signal be it on call or surfing the internet, or even just when my phone is sitting idle. I can go from full 4g to an x where the bars once were then it will magically go back to full bars like 20-30 seconds later. This is getting very annoying, never had this with 4.0.2.

syndicate0017

Silver Member
Reaction score
This is by far the worst update yet. I randomly lose signal be it on call or surfing the internet, or even just when my phone is sitting idle. I can go from full 4g to an x where the bars once were then it will magically go back to full bars like 20-30 seconds later. This is getting very annoying, never had this with 4.0.2.

The update didn't cause that. That's been a widespread problem since 4.0.2. Did your area recently get 4G? Are you in fringe coverage? My house gets fringe 4G and I get exactly the symptoms you speak of there, but when I'm in a strong 4G area, I have no issue.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2