Galaxy Nexus Suffering From Random Reboots

MNTNBKR

Reaction score
I've had mine since launch day and had my first (that I know of) random reboot today. I thought it might have something to do with one of the 3 new apps that I installed. It happened shortly after an intentional reboot due to the camera app hanging (for the second time since I've owned it), while the phone was sitting idle on my desk with the screen off.

I happened to check my up time just before the intentional reboot and it was at 150-some hours.

syndicate0017

Silver Member
Reaction score
I've had one or two random reboots, but most of my reboots are booting into recovery or when testing voltages. Overall, I'm still 110% satisfied with this phone.

baldybill

Reaction score
CDMA here in North Carolina. "Random" reboots here. Seems to only happen once in a blue moon and while I'm connecting to or from the Wireless Tethering. I chalked it up to that app being beta.

chefb

Reaction score
When I was stock it would reboot....but now I'm rooted in gummy rom not one its been a week so we shall see!

serika

Reaction score
I own the CDMA version, and I used to get random reboots as well.... until I took a custom rom to my phone DancingNexus

neneloco

Reaction score
I have also had several reboots while I am not on a phone call. I have the Verizon version.

csjg3525

Reaction score
I'm on my second GN with only one reboot the first did @6 reboots w/in 25 hours and a hard reset.

doomgazer

Reaction score
CDMA Nexus. This has happened to me on a number of occasions. I was stock ICS for only about a day however and have been running Axiom v2.2 and v2.4. 2.2 randomly rebooted every now and again, sometimes after a phone call ended, other times when turning the screen on/off. I attributed this to overaggressive SetCPU settings (I had it down to 130Mhz and undervolted). Since moving to Axiom v2.4 (which comes with a different kernel) I haven't had a single problem with it.

I think it's ROM dependent as well as voltage dependent.

dinamael

Reaction score
Got my VZ Galaxy Nexus on launch day. Stock ROM. I've seen probably a dozen or more reboots. I'd estimate 10 out of 12 were while using Google Maps/Navigation. Of those 10, a significant number have happened after switching apps (ex. to text/email) then switching back to Nav, and then boom within a few minutes.

bongiornor

Reaction score
:hail:Only happened once since day 1 release..
No biggie! Love this phone....

TuxDude

Reaction score
Stock 4.0.2 - unlocked, rooted and modded few not-so-essential apks like Email (for corporate email). I experienced a random reboot for the first time last weekend, when I was trying out Wifi kill app. It worked fine initially, but when closing the app - my phone rebooted once, and got into a reboot loop - had to do a hard battery pull to get the phone stable again - I uninstalled the apk immediately just to avoid any future problems.

Other than this - I've never had any reboot issues with non-root apps.

ConqSoft

Reaction score
Never had one here either. That's one of the big reasons the Bionic and the RAZR didn't stick around long with me. I don't like the instability. Been perfectly stable so far with the Nexus though.