Full Pics of Motorola Droid RAZR Revealed at Teaser Site

Trusstopher

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Umm, couple of things.

First, is it just me, or does that look more like carbon fiber? Plus wouldnt that make way more sense for a phone than Kevlar?

Any naturally colored Kevlar I have ever seen/use has been yellow. That doesn't mean you can't dye it. For this application Kevlar gets the job done and I'm betting was cheaper for the manufacture to buy. I wouldn't be surprised if DuPont subsidized it someone as Kevlar is actually a "name brand".

tjk629

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
NEXUS 6
we dont need a kevlar backing for that...just say I have 4G how about you?

Why, yes I do! I have an iPhone 4!:tongue: The 4 stands for 4G!

sweeeeet

Silver Member
Reaction score
If this phone has kevlar and gorilla glass it better not need a case or screen protector. It would be great if there was a phone that did scratch or dent.

People are still going to get them.. I use every phone naked and always will.. I've never broken a smart phone, only those cheap basic and flip phones way back when

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

NeXtras

Reaction score
That definitely looks like Carbon Fiber on the back, or at least its the design of the carbon fiber.

Plus, as mentioned.. Kevlar is normally yellow in color, where carbon fiber is black/gray... plus, you usually see carbon fiber as replacement for plastics, etc etc.. but its an awesome looking phone none the less!

johnomaz

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel 2XL
Um, its a DroidX without physical buttons at the bottom. Dont' get me wrong, I love my DX design, but its not unique. I like the carbon fiber look on the back if that turns out to be real. Is it thinner than my DX?

markwebb

Reaction score
Well, my VZW NE2 is eligible Thanksgiving Weekend. Wow...I will now have to decide among the HTC Rezound, Nexus Prime and the MOTO RAZR. Love the idea of choice. Who knows, I may wait until the end of Q1 2012 to decide..and when prices may be cheaper.

All good stuff!

vonfink13

Reaction score
i have an upgrade burning a hole in my pocket...this thing is so cool...just gonna wait and see some reviews...and then put my og droid to rest....

tjk629

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
NEXUS 6
Well, my VZW NE2 is eligible Thanksgiving Weekend. Wow...I will now have to decide among the HTC Rezound, Nexus Prime and the MOTO RAZR. Love the idea of choice. Who knows, I may wait until the end of Q1 2012 to decide..and when prices may be cheaper.

All good stuff!

I'd go Rezound, cause it makes me laugh.

sb1831

Reaction score
Very true... and the bottom line is battery technology piqued way before cellphone technology did. So no matter how souped up the phone, if it can't hold the physical size needed for great battery life, there's only so much software can do to help until some new revolutionary battery tech comes out. I would venture to say the Bionic will have the best battery life of all the LTE phones for awhile to come thanks to the good sized battery in it. Though that battery could feasibly fit in the RAZR as well. Until they improve the LTE radios, LTE battery life will continue to be a "problem".

Oh and the Bionic is the first dual core/LTE phone... ;)

I should have been more specific. Moto has currently got out a dual core LTE phone with good, IMO at least, battery life. I was making reference to the fact that pretty much all other LTE phones on VZW have had sub par battery life. I can actually get a full days work use out of the Bionic. With the Nexus being the first dual core LTE phone on VZW, forgive me if I'm a bit concerned that it will have less than stellar battery life. As I've said before, you can't benchmark anything when the battery is dead.

R

RETG

Battery pulls are not necessary if the device has the power off now feature built into the hardware (like newer devices and computers do).[/Q]

REALLY?
There have been quite a few times with my X where it locked up when booting up, the on/off switch would do nothing regardless of how long you held it in, and only a battery pull would bring the phone back to life. Doesn't happen often, but it does happen.

So, with a phone where the battery is not removable, or at least removable without a set of jeweler screwdrivers, what do you do if it locks up?

Trusstopher

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Battery pulls are not necessary if the device has the power off now feature built into the hardware (like newer devices and computers do).[/Q]

REALLY?
There have been quite a few times with my X where it locked up when booting up, the on/off switch would do nothing regardless of how long you held it in, and only a battery pull would bring the phone back to life. Doesn't happen often, but it does happen.

So, with a phone where the battery is not removable, or at least removable without a set of jeweler screwdrivers, what do you do if it locks up?

Old fashion hard reset button with a paper clip? hahaha

tjk629

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
NEXUS 6
What are the rumored specs for this?

Sniper_5

Reaction score
Is it just me or are all the new Moto phones based off the Droid X? Hoping it has a 4.5" screen at least. 4.3 is nice but I'd like just a little more screen realestate. I'm torn between this and the new nexus. I've always been a Moto fan but these locked bootloaders are driving me up the wall.