Motorola Officially Unleashes the Droid RAZR HD, HD MAXX & Droid RAZR M

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
To be honest (and I said this before) I believe this is an awesome year for android because everyone is putting out their best and as a consumer you have so much to choose from. Every device is a step forward even the razr hd..in fact if it had 2 gbs of ram people would be having a tougher time deciding. Samsung has truly stepped up since the fascinate and the charge and Sony is a beast of a device. It will be a touch decision for many come late fall. In the end no matter what you choose it will be a good device so choose what you want.

King_Bean

Reaction score
For me, its battery life. That along with build materals and slightly smaller overall size make it better to me.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2

THIS. Battery life is, by far, the most important consideration for me when it comes to smartphones.

Garemlin

Developer Relations
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
LG G3 (VZW), Nexus 7 v2
Here are the physical dimensions if anyone is interested

Razr Maxx HD
5.19 x 2.67 x 0.37 (131.9 x 67.9 x 9.3 mm)

Razr HD
5.19 x 2.67 x 0.33 (131.9 x 67.9 x 8.4 mm)

Razr M
4.82 x 2.40 x 0.33 (122.5 x 60.9 x 8.3 mm)

In comparison:

Razr
5.15 x 2.71 x 0.28 (130.7 x 68.9 x 7.1 mm)

Razr Maxx
5.15 x 2.71 x 0.35 (130.7 x 68.9 x 8.99 mm )

Garemlin

Developer Relations
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
LG G3 (VZW), Nexus 7 v2
I hear what you are saying about past Sammy devices. But the GS3 has out of the box great reception and battery life. It is much closer to the newer Motos than the older Sammys.

The G'Nex is not really an old device. Came out after the Razr. Reception was nowhere near the Razr. Same with the SIII. Miserable reception. And because of that it had miserable battery life because it was constantly struggling to hold a signal. One day I went through 50% battery in 2 hours with about 45m screen on time.

armeddroid

Reaction score
Garemlin said:
The G'Nex is not really an old device. Came out after the Razr. Reception was nowhere near the Razr. Same with the SIII. Miserable reception. And because of that it had miserable battery life because it was constantly struggling to hold a signal. One day I went through 50% battery in 2 hours with about 45m screen on time.

That's exactly what I heard was the reason why the battery was not good due to the signal struggling to hold on.
In reference to the SGS3.

This is the reason why I've been asking SGS3 owners as well as Moto owners about their GPS signals to get an idea how good the reception is.
Some are saying that they cannot get a good lock on their GPS in buildings verses outside while using LTE.
It may not have anything to do with each other but it gives me a broad idea.

jroc

Silver Member
Reaction score
I handled a GS3 recently....and to me it was pushing it as far as length n width.

The RAZR HD will be a lil more comfortable to me, hopefully...lol.

Garemlin

Developer Relations
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
LG G3 (VZW), Nexus 7 v2
I handled a GS3 recently....and to me it was pushing it as far as length n width.

The RAZR HD will be a lil more comfortable to me, hopefully...lol.

Yeah the SIII was very awkward too manage one handed. Wasn't so much the width of the screen. Was more the length and how far down at the bottom the buttons are.

add119

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
To many look at my signature.
3 megapixes on droid razr is awesome better 1.3 on droid raze from 2011

Sent from the Samsung Galaxy S.

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7
Here are the physical dimensions if anyone is interested

Razr Maxx HD
5.19 x 2.67 x 0.37 (131.9 x 67.9 x 9.3 mm)

Razr HD
5.19 x 2.67 x 0.33 (131.9 x 67.9 x 8.4 mm)

Razr M
4.82 x 2.40 x 0.33 (122.5 x 60.9 x 8.3 mm)

In comparison:

Razr
5.15 x 2.71 x 0.28 (130.7 x 68.9 x 7.1 mm)

Razr Maxx
5.15 x 2.71 x 0.35 (130.7 x 68.9 x 8.99 mm )

WOW, MAXX HD is only .02mm thicker and .04mm longer, but .04mm thinner (width) than the OGDRM! Nice!

tgyberg

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 2XL & Pixel C
WOW, MAXX HD is only .02mm thicker and .04mm longer, but .04mm thinner (width) than the OGDRM! Nice!

Hey, I think this is the first post of yours I've read beginning to end! Short enough so my ADD doesn't kick in by the third paragraph! :p

t35rk

Reaction score

The G'Nex is an "older" device compared to the SG3. That's all I mean. In two months I've had one dropped call with the SG3 and no data drop issues. That's an improvement over the G'Nex.

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Hey, I think this is the first post of yours I've read beginning to end! Short enough so my ADD doesn't kick in by the third paragraph! :p

:icon_ rofl:, yeah, but this is shorter!

t35rk

Reaction score
That's exactly what I heard was the reason why the battery was not good due to the signal struggling to hold on.
In reference to the SGS3.

This is the reason why I've been asking SGS3 owners as well as Moto owners about their GPS signals to get an idea how good the reception is.
Some are saying that they cannot get a good lock on their GPS in buildings verses outside while using LTE.
It may not have anything to do with each other but it gives me a broad idea.

The gps on my SG3 has been disappointing. It locks fast enough but then can lose the signal too. If I watch where I am just using Maps, the position can be wacky. Often times the position arrow is beside the road I am on, even when I'm on the interstate. Frustrating. I I don't know if this is common with the sg3.

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
The gps on my SG3 has been disappointing. It locks fast enough but then can lose the signal too. If I watch where I am just using Maps, the position can be wacky. Often times the position arrow is beside the road I am on, even when I'm on the interstate. Frustrating. I I don't know if this is common with the sg3.

Talking of a Droid RAZR, I've only experienced that once while on I-95. In front of the Phila airport there's a section of the highway that splits away and runs parallel to I-95 to allow an off-ramp for the airport, kind of it's own road for a stretch and merges back on again. On one instance the arrow was on the side road till they merged again.