Motorola Officially Unleashes the Droid RAZR HD, HD MAXX & Droid RAZR M

sweeeeet

Silver Member
Reaction score
Exactly... I did a count recently...and in total Samsung has released more phones on the 4 major carriers than HTC and Motorola. Moto has kinda stopped doing the low end phones, HTC and Samsung started doing more. We have to think outside of Verizon.

I don't think outside Verizon because I won't shop outside Verizon

I don't look at low end phones either

I'm not leaving Motorola because I don't like my phone.. I think the bionics great but I don't like how they're going about releasing phones like this and treating their customers

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

Garemlin

Developer Relations
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
LG G3 (VZW), Nexus 7 v2
those aren't on the same network ... Verizon got the gnex and s3 which are two completely different phones

s2 and s3 were separated by over a year

notes are separated by a year and aren't competition to the s2 and s3 as their screen sizes are huge and in the phablet category

moto puts out similar sized phones and competing phones back to back and on the same network.. u can't even have ur phone 4 months before the next moto phone drops and all of a sudden ur brand new phone isn't as good.. and after a year the updates stop

tablets are tablets.. not phones

My point was is Samsung over saturates the market more than Motorola does. With phones and tablets. They are both mobile devices. I say kudos to Motorola for doing it right this time with giving people the option to get the Razr HD and Razr Maxx HD at the same time. They dropped the ball last year the way they did Bionic owners with releasing the Razr two months later. And Razr owners with releasing the Maxx shortly after. And the M is giving people the option of having the same quality device with a smaller footprint and price. After all there are people who don't really care if their phone has a HD screen. Smart move IMO.

sweeeeet

Silver Member
Reaction score
My point was is Samsung over saturates the market more than Motorola does. With phones and tablets. They are both mobile devices. I say kudos to Motorola for doing it right this time with giving people the option to get the Razr HD and Razr Maxx HD at the same time. They dropped the ball last year the way they did Bionic owners with releasing the Razr two months later. And Razr owners with releasing the Maxx shortly after. And the M is giving people the option of having the same quality device with a smaller footprint and price. After all there are people who don't really care if their phone has a HD screen. Smart move IMO.

they definitely improved in releasing them at the same time

not sure why it matters who's producing budget phones... someone's gotta make them and its good that it puts android in the hands of people that can't afford a top tier phone... unless u meant all the releases on different carriers?

cant believe the s3 sold 20 million already.. that's great for Android as a whole

tablets are as mobile as laptops or netbooks or ereaders or ipod touches

t35rk

Reaction score
So why are many of you excited about these new Moto's with a locked bootloader and non removable battery running ICS, when the GS3 is already out, tested and rom'd and should have JB before any of the Moto's???

Do you just dislike Samsung that much??? because the GS3 is a great phone.

jntdroid

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
On Samsung, don't forget the Galaxy S Blaze 4G, Galaxy S Blaze 4G Q, Exhibit II 4G, and at least one other I'm forgetting. And those are just on T-Mobile. :)

sent from a mobile device

t35rk

Reaction score
On Samsung, don't forget the Galaxy S Blaze 4G, Galaxy S Blaze 4G Q, Exhibit II 4G, and at least one other I'm forgetting. And those are just on T-Mobile. :)

sent from a mobile device

Go buy an Iphone if you want to buy from a company that doesn't dilute their lineup.

jntdroid

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
Go buy an Iphone if you want to buy from a company that doesn't dilute their lineup.

Exactly - though I'm sure using the word "dilute" will be debated by some, it's definitely been true to date. Android (Rubin) made it clear a couple of years ago that one of their main goals with being open source was allowing OEM's to do what they wanted, to a certain extent, with their OS, and to get on as many devices as they could.

t35rk

Reaction score
Exactly - though I'm sure using the word "dilute" will be debated by some, it's definitely been true to date. Android (Rubin) made it clear a couple of years ago that one of their main goals with being open source was allowing OEM's to do what they wanted, to a certain extent, with their OS, and to get on as many devices as they could.

Yeah, it's not about how many devices a company puts out, it's about how good their flagship device is, imo.

I'm wondering why so many here are excited about Moto's new flagship device when Samsung's GS3 is already out, tried and true???

sweeeeet

Silver Member
Reaction score
So why are many of you excited about these new Moto's with a locked bootloader and non removable battery running ICS, when the GS3 is already out, tested and rom'd and should have JB before any of the Moto's???

Yeah, it's not about how many devices a company puts out, it's about how good their flagship device is, imo.

I'm wondering why so many here are excited about Moto's new flagship device when Samsung's GS3 is already out, tried and true???

I'm guessing build quality, battery(maxx), screen and loyalty to Motorola.

same processor, less ram, locked bootloader, slightly smaller screen

matters on personal preference

jntdroid

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
Plus form factor - that S3 is great, but huge. The M is tempting to me, honestly, b/c I'm a bit tired of the massive phones, and it has great specs with the S4 processor. I'm sure the screen won't be as nice, we'll see how big of a trade-off that is.

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Plus form factor - that S3 is great, but huge. The M is tempting to me, honestly, b/c I'm a bit tired of the massive phones, and it has great specs with the S4 processor. I'm sure the screen won't be as nice, we'll see how big of a trade-off that is.

untrue. I played with the atrix hd (basically the same phone as the motorola m) and that screen is awesome. The colors pop out real nice.

jntdroid

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
untrue. I played with the atrix hd (basically the same phone as the motorola m) and that screen is awesome. The colors pop out real nice.

Good to know... I'll have to go look at one.

jntdroid

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score

Well wait - the M is qHD - is the Atrix HD 720p "true" HD? B/c if so, then that's understandable. From what I can gather, the M's screen will be similar to the Razr and Razr Maxx, just smaller.

mgrande

Reaction score

For me, its battery life. That along with build materals and slightly smaller overall size make it better to me.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2

tc1

Reaction score
So is the DROID razr maxx hd's scree. Oled?

Or something else?