Motorola Droid Fighter Pics & Some Specs Leaked; Looks Like Larger Droid RAZR

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
motorola-droid-fighter-425x500.jpg

It looks like Samsung isn't the only company with a "leaky boat" PR department. Motorola is getting in on the "hype-machine" leaks too. The above pic is supposedly of the new Moto Droid Fighter, and as you can see it simply looks like a larger version of the Droid RAZR. A couple of specs were leaked along with the pic. The phone will supposedly have an HD display, meaning probably 1280×720. Furthermore, it is said that it will come with a 3,300mAh battery just like the Droid RAZR MAXX. Additional intel from a few weeks back suggests that the phone will be coming sometime in April. If true, this would mean that Motorola is back to their old tricks again of releasing phones far to often and too early.

What do you guys think? Too soon?

Source: SlashGear

justin82

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
maybe it will drop the price of the razr max :)

AuxiliaryPie

Reaction score
sure Moto, release a phone with similar specs to the GNex and Rezound MONTHS after those two phones, especially with all the buzz about the 1080p phones coming out this makes moto look even more behind the curve. granted if the "semi-leaked" specs are 1080p, quadcore, somethingelsecoolandexciting then what i said doesnt matter :happy3:

Dave12308

Silver Member
Reaction score
If true, this would mean that Motorola is back to their old tricks again of releasing phones far to often and too early.

What do you guys think? Too soon?

Source: SlashGear

There's no such thing, IMHO. More choice is better, so long as the consumer is willing to do their homework before purchasing. I am sorry, this is how technology works, there IS no "too often, too early" so long as the device is ready to go to market. This whole expectation of Motorola to slow down their releases (which is NO quicker than any other manufacturer, IMHO) is frankly stupid, as it deviates from the way business works.

EDIT: Since each Motorola device is VZWs lineup right at this moment is aimed at a different market segment, there is no way that they are releasing devices too quickly. Right now, there is no overlap at all.

AdamPA1006

Reaction score
That looks like a huge screen what do you guys think 4.75"
I'd be down for that

I want a big screen, but its kinda pointless if it has the on screen menu buttons like the nexus, makes screen area same as a 4.3 phone. I want a true 4.5 screen or bigger. I want to play with the Note and see if its too big you know. Maybe 5 will be the sweet spot.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

skennelly

Reaction score
I was in Best Buy the other day and took a look at the G Note. It is huge! I thought that I would like the phone for the size. The commercials make it look smaller than it is. The actors in the commercials must have gigantic hands in order to make the phone look a little smaller. Way too big for my liking.

Oh, and as far as the moto phone, no thanks. Never again Motorola... never again.

Reaction score
It's been a few weeks since Motorola released a new phone. I was starting to get worried they weren't going to come out with a new one any time soon. *cough* sarcasm *cough*

kparks

Reaction score
sure Moto, release a phone with similar specs to the GNex and Rezound MONTHS after those two phones, especially with all the buzz about the 1080p phones coming out this makes moto look even more behind the curve. granted if the "semi-leaked" specs are 1080p, quadcore, somethingelsecoolandexciting then what i said doesnt matter :happy3:

Motorola sure does love to make there own phone obsolete they did the same to the bionic it was the best phone out at the time then they released the razr. Making it obsolete then after the gnex and rezound come out the razr is still a great phone they make the razr maxx.. The razr should of never been released.. Now the maxx is arguably the best phone and if this phone comes out anytime soon before htc and Sammy release a phone then I'm personally labeling moto the dumbest manufacturer I've ever seen. Everyone get ready for a Razr maxx HD.. I can see them talking about this now.. let's make a really thin phone hd display and huge battery... Or we could make 3 separate phone the first 1 can be thin then the 2nd one with a big battery that's also thin.. And the 3rd hd display big battery and thin man were smart high fives all around... What a Fn joke!!!

Sent from my ADR6400L using DroidForums

huskur

Reaction score
I can certainly go for something like this!!! I was waiting for a competitor for the G-Note. Very nice!

alboboy10

Reaction score
Lol they released the bionic. Then a razr. Then the Max with a bigger battery. Now this with the screen the first razr should have had.

Hmmmm why I will not get Motorola phone any time soon again.

jntdroid

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
There's no such thing, IMHO. More choice is better, so long as the consumer is willing to do their homework before purchasing. I am sorry, this is how technology works, there IS no "too often, too early" so long as the device is ready to go to market. This whole expectation of Motorola to slow down their releases (which is NO quicker than any other manufacturer, IMHO) is frankly stupid, as it deviates from the way business works.EDIT: Since each Motorola device is VZWs lineup right at this moment is aimed at a different market segment, there is no way that they are releasing devices too quickly. Right now, there is no overlap at all.
Dave 99% of the time I feel I agree with you, but I'm going to have to respectfully disagree with you on this one. Lets look at the history...
  • Droid - game changer
  • Droid X - different, but a solid difference, awesome device, felt like the Droid's big brother
  • Droid 2 - similar to Droid, but given it was all so new and the D1 was so huge, this is not unacceptable, and a decent bump in specs.
  • Droid X2 - begins to feel like they're milking things a bit... identical skeleton, bump in specs, but buggy as heck.
  • Droid 3 - basically the X2 in a Droid-like shell, with OMAP instead of Tegra
  • Bionic - Droid 3 in a fatter X shell with more RAM and a LTE radio
  • Razr - Bionic with different screen and thinner shell, and Smart Actions (the first truly difference in software so far)
  • Droid 4 - Razr with a keyboard
  • Razr Maxx - Razr with a bigger battery
  • Fighter - bigger Razr with a HD screen (that the int'l Razr had right after the Razr's release here) and slight bump in specs (speculation obviously)
I'm forgetting one... oh yeah, the Droid Pro. Meh... ;)

Now, obviously, some of those are not available any more. But just look at the devices since the Bionic. You mean to tell me that the Razr Maxx caters to a different market segment than the Razr? Which one, the one that likes better battery life? :tongue: I kinda get the Droid 4, given the Droid history and the current Razr format. But what segment does the Bionic cater to that the original Razr (and therefore Razr Maxx as well) wouldn't also cater to?

To say there's no overlap is a bit of an exaggeration imho. I agree choice is great, and I also agree that as long as the consumer does their homework, they should be fine... most of the time. But the original Razr owners probably would've gladly waited a couple more months for the Razr Maxx had they any clue about that. But Moto wanted to push out the thinnest smartphone ever, right after the first dual core LTE phone, right before the thinnest smartphone ever, with a bigger battery... and the other thinnest smartphone ever, with a keyboard slapped onto it. You get the point... ;)

kparks

Reaction score
Motorola sure does love to make there own phone obsolete they did the same to the bionic it was the best phone out at the time then they released the razr. Making it obsolete then after the gnex and rezound come out the razr is still a great phone they make the razr maxx.. The razr should of never been released.. Now the maxx is arguably the best phone and if this phone comes out anytime soon before htc and Sammy release a phone then I'm personally labeling moto the dumbest manufacturer I've ever seen. Everyone get ready for a Razr maxx HD.. I can see them talking about this now.. let's make a really thin phone hd display and huge battery... Or we could make 3 separate phone the first 1 can be thin then the 2nd one with a big battery that's also thin.. And the 3rd hd display big battery and thin man were smart high fives all around... What a Fn joke!!!

Also the reason ill never buy moto again

Sydman

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P
But the original Razr owners probably would've gladly waited a couple more months for the Razr Maxx had they any clue about that.

I will completely agree with that statement. I bought the Razr the first day and had I known that just under a month later they would release the same phone with a better battery I would have waited. There is only so much homework people can do on these things some times and the manufacturers pump out slightly better phones to compete and stay on the "cutting edge". While I am happy technology is always evolving give my wallet six months or so to cool down before something greater comes.

I just ordered the Maxx this AM to get the better battery and give my wife the Razr and I see this. Now my comfort on this one is this phone looks like it might be a little too big. Like that Note, it looks like a small tablet not a big phone. I love the size of the Razr and always use cases on my phone, and I fear how big that thing will be with an Ottorbox on it. I am 6'5'' with some big hands and I can't imagine that will be comfortable to use or be usable one handed like the Razr is.

Who knows time will tell. Before the end of the year they will have the Razr Super Maxx HD that will actually talk to you and tell you how gullible you are for buying basically same phone three times in one years time.