flashing rom error

NelsonBaetjer

Reaction score
i always get an error message the droid icon with a red triangle and an exclamation mark after beginning the flash process
for example i downloaded bugless beast right from CWR and booted into recovery, i selected it from the sd card but 15 seconds into the whole flashing process it stops and i get the error message. it happens on all of the roms I've tried to use
if anyone knows how to fix this please help
btw I'm using car 5.5.0.4 recovery

EDIT: after some browsing around I've found the solution thanks to mskip of xdadevelopers...
There is an auto recovery restore system on Android that will reflash the Stock Recovery if you flash CWM on a Stock Rom.

Use Root Explorer to Mount the system folder as R/W (or use a free app from the Market). Delete the file recovery-from-boot.p from /system. CWM Recovery will now NOT be overwritten after a reboot.

ill leave the thread up as it seems many others are having a similar problem

Last edited:
OP
NelsonBaetjer

NelsonBaetjer

Reaction score
it doesn't say anything its just the android guy lying down with his stomach open and a red triangle with an exclamation point in it
the screen stays like this for about 5 minutes until it just boots up normally without having done anything

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
Good to see you solved the last part of rooting the phone. Were you able to flash the ROM?

OP
NelsonBaetjer

NelsonBaetjer

Reaction score
well i can't find the system folder using astro file manager all I'm seeing is /android /clockworkmod /dcim /alarms /data /download /media /movies /notifications etc. and its not in any of those
I'm trying to find the system folder to mount it as r/w to delete the auto recovery file