ok last one... please help

NelsonBaetjer

Reaction score
ok so the following is a conversation I had with a dev trying to help me, basically a summary of my problems and all of the things Ive done. I know I have posted multiple threads about this and for that I apologize, I just don't know whats going on, why I have all of these errors. I recently encountered a boot loop after some fiddling around with the settings to try and fix the problem, I wiped the davlik cache ect. but nothing is working
I have a mac computer which I used to root it but the root was fine, there were no problems
and by the way i did go into root explorer and delete the /system/boot-from-recovery file
I reformatted the system cache all of that i just can't figure it out

NelsonBaetjer said:
winner00 said:
NelsonBaetjer said:
winner00 said:
NelsonBaetjer said:
i always get an error message the droid icon with a red triangle and an exclamation mark after beginning the flash process?
What recovery are you using?

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk
heres a little more detailed description
i always get an error message the droid icon with a red triangle and an exclamation mark after beginning the flash process
for example i downloaded bugless beast right from CWR and booted into recovery, i selected it from the sd card but 15 seconds into the whole flashing process it stops and i get the error message. it happens on all of the roms I've tried to use
if anyone knows how to fix this please help
I'm using CWR flashed with recovery 5.5.0.4
Do you think you could maybe get a picture of it?

yeah and by the way the text says
backing up recovery image
backing up system
backing up data
no /sdcard/.android_secure found. skipping backup of applications on external storage.
backing up cache
no sd-ext found. skipping backup of sd-ext
generating md5 sum...

Backup Complete!
formatting /cache
formatting /data
formatting /sd-ext

--Installing /sdcard/Android/data/CM9.zip
Finding update package...
Opening update package...
Installing update...
Installation aborted.
/tmp/recovery.log was copied to /sdcard/clockworkmod/recovery.log Please open a rom manager to report the issue

I flashed the clockwork mod recovery to 5.5.0.4 right before i did it and went to install from sd card, checked all of the clear options (clavisk sorry i can't remember how to spell it) cache and the third one
and let it go for about 5 minutes until that happened
i went into /system and deleted the automatic reboot file
but its still not working

idk if that image will work but heres a sample of what mine looks like http://cdn1.sbnation.com/entry_phot...11204_130918_large_verge_medium_landscape.jpg with a red triangle and an exclamation mark inside of it

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score

BayouFlyFisher

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
After looking at this the thing it makes me think of is the issues we used to have the Droid 1 and CWR. It was occassionally very hard to get a good install of CWR and when you didn't, the phone would momentarily freeze up and then reboot. How are you installing CWR? Are you using Rom Manager? If so, how quickly do you get the popup messaging saying the install was successful? I remember in the Droid 1 days if you didn't get that popup in 3-5 seconds, the install was probably not a good one. Could the same thing be happening to you? Just thinking out loud . . . .

Good luck.

OP
NelsonBaetjer

NelsonBaetjer

Reaction score
just to confirm cwr is clockwork mod right?
the ROM manager?

OP
NelsonBaetjer

NelsonBaetjer

Reaction score
ok so is installing cwr the same as going into rom manager and pressing "flash clockwork mod recovery"

BayouFlyFisher

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
ok so is installing cwr the same as going into rom manager and pressing "flash clockwork mod recovery"

Should be. It should install CWR version 5.5.0.4. But again, pay very close attention to how long it takes for the "successful install" popup to appear. It should be almost instantaneous.

Good luck

OP
NelsonBaetjer

NelsonBaetjer

Reaction score
alright thanks man it still didn't work but hey i guess ill just stick with the stock rom for awhile.. i have to wait for a time when I'm free to screw up the nexus haha

BayouFlyFisher

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
alright thanks man it still didn't work but hey i guess ill just stick with the stock rom for awhile.. i have to wait for a time when I'm free to screw up the nexus haha

More questions - From your post:

"--Installing /sdcard/Android/data/CM9.zip
Finding update package...
Opening update package...
Installing update...
Installation aborted."

1. Where did you get CM9.zip?

2. Have you tried other roms?

3. Did you try putting the rom.zip on the root of the sdcard rather than buried deep in a folder tree?

Thanks.

OP
NelsonBaetjer

NelsonBaetjer

Reaction score
i just downloaded it from the cyanogen mod 9 thread.. the download at the bottom i just renamed it CM9
also whenever I donwload a rom to my computer it comes unzipped and to get it to install i zip in on my computer (mac) and use android file transfer to just put it onto my nexus
but on a side note i did download a rom right from cwm so i don't think its that

BayouFlyFisher

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
i just downloaded it from the cyanogen mod 9 thread.. the download at the bottom i just renamed it CM9
also whenever I donwload a rom to my computer it comes unzipped and to get it to install i zip in on my computer (mac) and use android file transfer to just put it onto my nexus
but on a side note i did download a rom right from cwm so i don't think its that

I do think it's the "re-zip" and rename. I think you should (with the phone on wifi or with a good 4G signal) download the rom directly to the phone. It should be in the sdcard/download folder. Move it to the root of the sdcard (no folder) and do not rename it and make sure it is for your system (cdma or GSM). I think the file will install if you get a good copy on your phone. I do not believe that all the stuff you are going through before attempting the install is possibly a real source of problems.

Good luck.

BayouFlyFisher

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score

From this I assume you mean you downloaded a rom directly from Rom Manager. I can tell you that is quite often a source of issues on these phones. Try using your browser and going to the website and download the rom directly.

OP
NelsonBaetjer

NelsonBaetjer

Reaction score
could you provide me with a nice link for th3roy, axiom, cyanogen mod, or something like that
also what are kernels? I mean do they come with the rom.. I'm trying to set my cpu settings to maximize battery life etc
any recommendations?

BayouFlyFisher

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
could you provide me with a nice link for th3roy, axiom, cyanogen mod, or something like that
also what are kernels? I mean do they come with the rom.. I'm trying to set my cpu settings to maximize battery life etc
any recommendations?

Here's Codename http://www.droidforums.net/forum/co...droid-1-1-4-fully-open-source-01-18-12-a.html It's a very popular rom right. This is the CDMA version.

Here's Codename http://www.droidforums.net/forum/co...droid-1-1-4-fully-open-source-01-18-12-a.html This is the GSM version.

This is a very good rom to start with.

Kernel: [KERNEL][GPL][20 JAN - #13.1] franco.Kernel | 4.0.3 | OC | UV | INIT.D | COLORCONTROL - xda-developers (CDMA) and [KERNEL][GPL][20 JAN - #13.1] franco.Kernel | 4.0.3 | OC | UV | INIT.D | COLORCONTROL - xda-developers (GSM).

Good luck

OP
NelsonBaetjer

NelsonBaetjer

Reaction score
do i download/ install the roms separately from the kernels?
so just to confirm i would go right to my phone and download the links and go to rom manager flash a recovery (i made a backup today) and then go to install from sd card... and then just select it and let it go? in what order should i do the rom and kernel
also do i boot into recovery directly from rom manager? or just do the holding down of the power button + volume buttons
and once I'm in there do i just go directly to install from zip and select it
when/ where do i wipe the davlik cache ect? reformatting or anything?
sorry for all of the questions i just really don't want to have to deal with another boot loop or worse
and I just want to say thank you so much for your help i have a feeling its going to work one of these times

Last edited: