ok last one... please help

BayouFlyFisher

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
do i download/ install the roms separately from the kernels?
so just to confirm i would go right to my phone and download the links and go to rom manager flash a recovery (i made a backup today) and then go to install from sd card... and then just select it and let it go? in what order should i do the rom and kernel
also do i boot into recovery directly from rom manager? or just do the holding down of the power button + volume buttons
and once I'm in there do i just go directly to install from zip and select it
when/ where do i wipe the davlik cache ect? reformatting or anything?
sorry for all of the questions i just really don't want to have to deal with another boot loop or worse
and I just want to say thank you so much for your help i have a feeling its going to work one of these times

You can reboot into recovery from Rom Manager.

For your first time I would do separate installs for the rom and then the kernel.

On the kernel, just follow the exact installation instructions listed in the first post by the dev. He will tell you what to wipe. I imagine it will be wipe/factory reset and then install the rom, but follow his instructions. Then reboot and re-sign into your gmail account on the phone and after you've gotten signed back up then open the market and accept the market terms. Your apps will then start reinstalling. Set the phone aside and let the installs finish.

Then reboot into recovery and do the kernel install. Again, follow the directions of the kernel developer in the first post of his thread.

I understand your concern about boot looping. If it occurs:

If you get bootlooped or other non-recoverable issue:

1. Pull battery and replace it.
  2. Hold down the up and the down volume key and press the power button.
  3. You have a screen that shows the android with an open hatch and the word Start above it.
  4. Use the up and down keys to navigate from "Start" to the “Recovery Mode” menu
  5. Press the Power Button to reboot into Recovery (CWR)
  6. Reinstall your rom or restore a backup.
Good luck.

Oh and make sure you have about 100% battery when you start all this. You really, really do not want to run out of battery while in the middle of all this.

OP
NelsonBaetjer

NelsonBaetjer

Reaction score
ok so i installed the rom and gaps file and gummy nexus was working fine... but now something happened after i installed titanium backup and did restore all apps+missing data, it keeps popping up that "the process android.process.acore has stopped" and the home button won't work and its pretty slow
this was after i tried to change the voltage settings from 1250 current 1250 saved to 700 to try and get better battery life and it rebooted and i started having these problems?

BayouFlyFisher

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
ok so i installed the rom and gaps file and gummy nexus was working fine... but now something happened after i installed titanium backup and did restore all apps+missing data, it keeps popping up that "the process android.process.acore has stopped" and the home button won't work and its pretty slow
this was after i tried to change the voltage settings from 1250 current 1250 saved to 700 to try and get better battery life and it rebooted and i started having these problems?

If you don't have a good backup of that rom/gapps combo that you can restore, just go back into CWR and re-install the rom and gapps with no wipes. If that doesn't solve your issues, do another re-install with wipe as outlined in the devs thread.

BTW, you need to check out this modified CWR (it is spectacular): [RECOVERY] ClockworkMod Recovery *Touch-Enabled* (CDMA Edition) - xda-developers

You can get his app, CWMR Touch Installer, from the market and it will download and install the new recovery: https://market.android.com/details?...51bnN0YWJsZWFwcHMuY3dtcnRvdWNoaW5zdGFsbGVyIl0.

What316

Reaction score

If you dont have a lot of apps, why not restore one by one and see if a certain app is causing problems? That's what I do. Trying a different kernel might help too.

And I agree with Bayou, try the crw touch version. It's great

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

OP
NelsonBaetjer

NelsonBaetjer

Reaction score
this is awesome :D everything is working fine I got the kernel installed and i couldn't be happier, thank you guys so much for helping me out haha
last thing does anyone have any recommendations for different cpu settings/ voltage settings that i could use with the franco kernel to maximize my battery life?
anything you have had success with

BayouFlyFisher

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
this is awesome :D everything is working fine I got the kernel installed and i couldn't be happier, thank you guys so much for helping me out haha
last thing does anyone have any recommendations for different cpu settings/ voltage settings that i could use with the franco kernel to maximize my battery life?
anything you have had success with

GLAD it's working for you!! Ain't this "interweb" thing something!!!

I used the Franco kernels for quite a while and I never fooled around with voltages. The only suggestion I have is to NOT check the "Set on Boot" selection on the voltage page. That way if you "Bork" things up and the phone goes nuts, all you have to do is reboot to get back to stock settings.

I do remember that on my phone battery consumption was better at 700 low and 1350 high than it was at 350 low and 1350 high. Sure seems counter-intuitive, but that really was the case for me and my phone.

Good luck.

BTW, one great thing about experiencing all the difficulties that you did is that you really do learn a heck of a lot in a short period of time!!