Clockwork Recovery 5.x released for D2 (and others...)

Redflea

Silver Member
Reaction score
UPDATE: New Clockwork Recovery (5.0) HAS BEEN released.

Open ROM Manager and Flash Clockwork Recovery option will show 5.0.0.9 available....

CWR was updated to 5.0.0.9 (from original 5.0.0.8 release) to fix a couple of things (error accessing recovery logs).

Flash CW Recovery in ROM Manager (Flash Clockwork Recovery option). Do the update from ROM Manager using that option, don't boot into CWR to do the flash. After you see the download complete message it's done and will stay on 5.0.0.9 after reboot.

OP
R

Redflea

Silver Member
Reaction score
Interesting...flashed it in ROM Manager, but it just said "downloaded successfully" and didn't show flash progress, and boot into recovery from ROM Manager and from power button still takes me to 2.5.0.8 recovery.

droid2drummer

Silver Member
Reaction score
Interesting...flashed it in ROM Manager, but it just said "downloaded successfully" and didn't show flash progress, and boot into recovery from ROM Manager and from power button still takes me to 2.5.0.8 recovery.

Let me try..brb!

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums

droid2drummer

Silver Member
Reaction score
Worked right when I went in the app! It said it was updated (on the genie widget) I'm on web connect I guess is why..it says my flashed version 5.0.8

OP
R

Redflea

Silver Member
Reaction score
See my update above in the OP...you have to flash it from CWR directly, apparently...that's how I got it to work, following Jcatt's example...

xm0067

Reaction score
What's the advantage of 5.x over 2.5?

Sent from my Apex-ed Overclocked DROID 2

droid2drummer

Silver Member
Reaction score
I got it the first time I guess..lol saw the 2 but its v2.5.0.8 and it has a **go back** added lol cool enough! Prolly faster huh?

tattedupboy

Reaction score
I'm prety sure I did it correctly because when I was finished, the text in the main recovery menu was blue and it said version 5.whatever.

Does anyone know what has changed with this version of clockworkmod recovery?

droid2drummer

Silver Member
Reaction score
I'm prety sure I did it correctly because when I was finished, the text in the main recovery menu was blue and it said version 5.whatever.

Does anyone know what has changed with this version of clockworkmod recovery?

Wow mine is still green..but has the **go back** feature added..unless that been there and I never noticed it all the many daily flashes..lol

d4dEf@c@

Reaction score
I dl'd it from rom manager, but it didn't actually flash. So I rebooted to cwr and it was 2.5. So I did install from zip and navigated into the downloads folder in clockwork flashed the zip and the recovery stuck.

I am now on version 5.0.0.8