Flashing a newer version of SC

Markmm24

Reaction score
Hey guys, I'm on SC2.6.I've been checking the dev forum evey once in a while and I'm noticing that the newer versions are coming out less and less often.I've wanted to upgrade to a better version of SC for a while,so my question is could someone point me to a newbie guide to flashing a newer version into an already rooted SC phone? Thanks.

Sent from my SC 2.6 Rooted phone.

millwood

Reaction score
Go to the SC2.9 thread and download the .zip file. Once you have it downloaded put it on your sd card. Not in any folder, but just on the card. Since you are already using super clean.....hold down the phones power button until the shutdown menu comes up. Choose recovery in that menu. Once in recovery it will probably be blue or red. If it is blue then choose the install update.zip file from your original super clean install. That will put you into red which is where you want to be. Once in red recovery I do a wipe cache twice, then go to advanced and do a davlik cache wipe twice. From there go back to the main menu and install .zip from sd card. You can then pick sc2.9 from the .zip files listed. Wait for it to install and then reboot the phone from the red recovery menu. You will be done.

If you are having a lot of problems with force closes and such then you may also need to do a compete data wipe in the red recovery menu. I have not had to do them, but other have. If you are going to do the full data wipe then make sure you backup your apps in titanium backup or some other app.

OP
M

Markmm24

Reaction score
When I hold down the power button and get the menu there is an option for download.I'm assuming this is what you meant?

Sent from my SC 2.6 Rooted phone

OP
M

Markmm24

Reaction score
Nvm I found it.thanks

OP
M

Markmm24

Reaction score
Havent tried yet.read over the 2.9 thread and noticed that tether doesn't work on it.I'm gonna wait for 2.10 to see if they bring back tether.

OP
M

Markmm24

Reaction score
How would I select an option while in recovery?and how would I scroll through the options?

millwood

Reaction score
In cwm red you use the volume keys to scroll and the back hard button to select. You use the hard menu key to go back to previous menu. In blue you use the home key to select I believe.

OP
M

Markmm24

Reaction score
Thanks.i may just do this one to get some practice with all of this.