Firefox 4 Now Available With Great PC Sync Capabilities

Stelv

Silver Member
Reaction score
Flash isn't working for me. Is this suppose to have flash? It is useless without flash.

Sent from my fascinate

nhra1ss

Reaction score
I have used FF on my pc's for years and decided to try out the mobile version. But my D2 is not supported. Oh well, sticking with Dolphin.

markwebb

Reaction score
This article is full of hype.

Still doesn't run well. I have mostly given up on FF. Chrome is the better browser for PC than FF. Even IE9 is more impressive than FF.

Stelv

Silver Member
Reaction score
Yea I have already uninstalled it. So many better options out there for browsers.

Sent from my fascinate

BigMcGuire

Reaction score
Norton is a useless resource hog IMHO, It's the first thing we uninstall.

Haha...QFT

You kidding me? Anyone who works in IT who is actually GOOD at what they do knows that Norton is one of the biggest bloatware anti-virus software programs out there. Now, take a REAL anti-virus such as Eset Nod32 and you'll have something.

chained22

Reaction score
DESCRIPTION
Take Firefox anywhere. Go from desktop to mobile without interruption.
Welcome to our Release Candidate! Check Firefox Mobile System Requirements for a list of currently supported devices. Unfortunately, the Motorola Droid and Milestone are not currently supported.
Firefox is your Web, anywhere you go! You can now synchronize your Firefox history, bookmarks, tabs and passwords between your desktop and mobile. Discover and install add-ons right from your phone to customize Firefox exactly the way you like. Start a search in the Awesome Bar and surf the Web with less typing and more speed.

Taken directly from the listing on Android Market for Firefox Mobile

so do you think that the d1 is going to get support to be able to rum ff4 or like im getting an error message right after it finishes installing: firefox does not support this device and you may experience problems.

srothkin

Reaction score

Haha...QFT

You kidding me? Anyone who works in IT who is actually GOOD at what they do knows that Norton is one of the biggest bloatware anti-virus software programs out there. Now, take a REAL anti-virus such as Eset Nod32 and you'll have something.

Actually, Norton 360 has been behaving itself quite nicely on my computers (under Windows 7, Vista, and XP).

On the other hand, my work laptop for my day job has McAfee Enterprise. That will often slow my machine to a crawl.

Vulcan1600

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
does it play videos yet? i downloaded it a while ago and it didnt have flash support
I also noticed I got a message on a webpage saying the video requires flash in order for it to work. Guess Firefox doesn't have flash afterall.

I do like the fact all my favorites from my Firefox browser on my home computer are now available on my TB.

TheOldFart

Reaction score

Haha...QFT

Sorry that I am just an idiot and you are so intelligent. And by the way, anyone who is actually GOOD at what they do knows that changes can be made from one version to another to either make a program much better or worse. You did know that, didn't you?

BigMcGuire

Reaction score
Now how come you had to go to the effort of taking that personally? People have opinions and it doesn't necessarily make them right. Granted, the latest version of Norton 360 5.0 is impressive. It does do a lot better than the past bloatware versions. But come on, I didn't mean to insult your intelligence. Example - the head IT guy where I work swears by McAfee and I'm forced to use that. I think it's **** next to my favorite but hey, we all have our preferences.

Myself and other guys in the IT business that I work with are big fans of resource-less products. Chrome and Nod32 are our favorites because of the LACK of resources they use and the good job they do. Funny how IE 9 and FF 4.0 are copies of Chrome (visually).

I didn't mean to insult you friend and I apologize if I did.

jntdroid

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
bloatware, resource hog, whatever it is... it keeps my 64 year old, computer illiterate dad from screwing up his computer, as good or better than anything we've used before

lieblax

Reaction score
does it play videos yet? i downloaded it a while ago and it didnt have flash support
I also noticed I got a message on a webpage saying the video requires flash in order for it to work. Guess Firefox doesn't have flash afterall.

I do like the fact all my favorites from my Firefox browser on my home computer are now available on my TB.

yeah that was pretty much enough for me to stop using firefox. i needed something that could play videos, but other than that it was a good, clean browser

Loooney2ns

Reaction score

Haha...QFT

I agree with you. I refuse to use Norton or Mcafee, especially on an older PC with fewer resources to be had. Try to run Mcafee on a Windows XP machine with only 512mb of ram. It will completely stop running. I like Avira, AVG, and MSE. All will run on older machines without slowing it down. DO NOT purchase Mcafee or Norton. The free options will work better!

NoStopN

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S7
Twitter
@NoStopN
just tried ff on my thunderbolt and the page scrolling sucks!!! i get checkerboard all the time and have to wait for it to load?! WTF?

I take more offense to the no Flash support. I tested it with Flash Player 10.2 on my TB & it didn't show squat. I use Firefox on my PC, but I won't for the mobile.