FireFox Beta Now Available

Reaction score
I'm lost on why anyone needs this even if it works? It's a huge install, takes almost 2 minutes to open the first time, looks ugly and is now deleted :(

Dave12308

Silver Member
Reaction score
makes you wonder how thorough the testing was for this app. IMO, Dolphin Browser IS the mobile version of FF.

I'm pretty sure Dolphin still uses the Google Chrome browser engine, though; so in essence it's much closer to the stock browser than to Firefox. A true FF browser would use Mozilla. This is not a bad thing at all, however; as FF was never really designed for mobile use. Why reinvent the wheel? A nice front end like Dolphin coupled with the webkit-based Chrome browser engine makes for a nice browsing experience as it is.

DrFeelgood

Reaction score
I'm running this on a Droid 2, and it didn't freeze. But it's still a terrible browser. The first thing I did was go to Facebook and log in. Every time I pressed a key (using the physical keyboard) It would zoom in and out. It got extremely annoying. Pressing the menu key doesn't do anything except show the page's encryption. Pressing a key doesn't automatically start a search. When using the onscreen keyboard for searching, the search button is extremely small and has no text on it. And yes, it's slow.
Uninstalled.

RyanPm40

Reaction score
Ridiculously slow, all pages were unreadable, especially when zooming in. absolutely awful, and its not like there were any unique features to it, even if it did work.

jlamb30

Reaction score
Wow, I tend to not post negative comments, but this browser is horrible. They have a LOT of work to do to make this even halfway decent.

B-Unit

Reaction score
Im with everyone here, NOT an improvement over the alpha release, and certainly not ready for beta status.

UNC

Reaction score
40mb?!?!? Are you *bleepin* serious? Id rather have 40mb of Miley Cyrus music than this pos.....

Even if it does run better than the new PC versions. ;)

Gave up on firefox 2 years ago, now I remember why.

EmmVeePee

Reaction score
Firefox was once the best browser available for the PC world, now Chrome takes the cake, but you can still experience this on your device.http://www.androidcentral.com/firefox-android-hits-beta-status

Seriously? This style of writing couldn't make it in a Junior High newspaper. Regardless of the opinionated nature of the statement, it is just poorly written. It really takes the cake.

Anyway... the browser isn't all that good. I don't think they're really working very hard on the Fennec project or we would have seen a working beta months ago.