FINALLY! GSM on DROID 4!!! IT WORKS!

Germanguy

Reaction score
got gsm patches on my rom links work someone on xda tried em
Where are your ROM links, please?
I am confused, actually. Is there a different GSM patch other than the one listed in the OP of this thread? Because ICS leaks for the D4 enable global mode by default using the same 8 byte string in RF_BC_CONFIG_I as the patch listed in the OP.

Last edited:

eraser310

Reaction score
Just to be clear, this just unlocks the GSM bands, right? It doesn't mess with the CDMA or LTE radios, right? (I can still use it on Verizon)

Still no dice.
Let me just run through all of the settings to make sure I have them correct:
-MA: MDM 6x00
-USB: PST USB Driver
-NV Access: 1877

The drivers are installed, I am also running the program in comparability mode for Windows XP.

I set my phone to camera mode, w/ USB debugging on.

If all of those things are correct, how come I keep getting a no device dectected error? (The box in the upper right hand corner is red).

Last edited:

Germanguy

Reaction score
Just to be clear, this just unlocks the GSM bands, right? It doesn't mess with the CDMA or LTE radios, right? (I can still use it on Verizon)

Still no dice.
Let me just run through all of the settings to make sure I have them correct:
-MA: MDM 6x00
-USB: PST USB Driver
-NV Access: 1877

The drivers are installed, I am also running the program in comparability mode for Windows XP.

I set my phone to camera mode, w/ USB debugging on.

If all of those things are correct, how come I keep getting a no device dectected error? (The box in the upper right hand corner is red).
If you are on ICS, there is no need to do the Radiocomm patch. GSM abroad bands are enabled out of the box.

eraser310

Reaction score
I was thinking for domestic US usage. Does this method not work for that?

Germanguy

Reaction score
I was thinking for domestic US usage. Does this method not work for that?
Nope. Myfishbear has a GSM patch listed in his eclipse ROM thread. It is from Olegfusion and contains prop file edits as well as a different apn config file for overseas. Might give that one a try. Have not tried it myself.

Big D

Reaction score
ok Going to London next week.

Just to confirm. I land in london, walk into a Vodaphone or the like and buy a sim card. Am I buying a pre-paid sim card? I'll be there for about 3 weeks.

Never done this before and wondering what it'll be like. I assume, with the new sim card in, I'll have a local number? Until I reinstall my current Verizon number.

Thanks gang.

eraser310

Reaction score
Assuming GSM is active, yes. It is the same as getting a prepaid SIM here. You will have a local number and when you return to the US, just remove the SIM card and Verizon should work again.

MidnightLight

Reaction score
Anyone else getting the following message on their phones with a foreign GSM SIM card and the ICS leak?

"This SIM card is from an unknown source"

The GSM voice functionality still seems to work fine (haven't tried data yet), so the message seems harmless. But it'd be nice to get rid of it.

calebu2

Reaction score
Phone working great with vodafone UK sim in uk and france. A few observations:

1) needed to get the APN info before data would work with vodafone UK because it didn't know it.
2) GB works fine with the hacks to make it work. Didnt want to mess with ICS as it was still too preliminary when i had to make the decision.
3) cannot find a number format that works universally: 01144 doesnt work with a vodafone sim card, 0 only works in the UK, +44 doesnt work in the UK and messes with google voice (until you disable it) in france. Hopefully this functionality is improved with ICS as it is a step backwards relative to blackberry.
4) poor reception in rural areas with GSM. Might be a strict roaming policy.

Sent from my DROID4 using Tapatalk 2

TisMyDroid

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Note 3
Thanks calebu2. And welcome to DroidForums! This is great information especially when it comes from first hand tested experience. Thank you!

Sent from my DROID RAZR Maxx using Droid Forums

Big D

Reaction score
Ok. In london. Have a sim card from vodafone. Everything works great but data. Any ideas?

Thanks guys!

duxdad

Reaction score
Now Verizon has released ICS, anyone tried to get it working with international GSM, not rooted?