FedEx LOST my DroidX

VidProQuo

Reaction score
I bought my DroidX on July 26th at a Verizon store here in Albuquerque, it shipped on the 29th via FedEx 2nd Day Air and should have been here Monday, August 2nd. It didn't show up and didn't show up on Tuesday either. (I took two days off from work in order to sit on my ass at home to sign for it.) I called FedEx several times and they claimed that they would "have a representative get back to me". Of course, I never heard from anyone. I finally called today (Wednesday, August 4th) and after close to an hour on the phone, most of it on hold, they said that it was permanently "lost." I suspect that some FedEx employee saw that it was a package from Verizon, suspected it might be a DroidX and simple stole it.

I'm on the phone with Verizon right now and they said the earliest they could ship out another one is August 19th! AND they charged me for another phone and told me that the claim on the phone that never showed up is between me and FedEx. I'm going to have to deal with the idiots at FedEx to get my money back on the first phone. I am monumentally PISSED! It will be almost a month after I paid for it (twice) to get it in my hands.

Has anyone else here had FedEx "lose" their DroidX?

Last edited:

bcc12345

Reaction score
Can't VZW track the "lost" phone upon its activation.. they have the IMEI number, and can simply "flag" it in their system.. if someone tries to activate it, then they know where it is and who has it...

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
:welcome: to the Forum.

Sorry to hear about your troubles. It's rare that I see a post where someone didn't get a delivery at all. I'm a bit surprised that Verizon is making it your problem and not taking care of it.

You may want to call back and see if you can get a little better customer service on this. Who's to say if you have enough money for two X's.

ookiiB

Reaction score
Similar situation...

I had my first 'lost' package ordeal with UPS recently. It was not a Droid, but a couple hundred dollars worth of Soccer Jerseys. Tracking said it was out for delivery for two days. Contacted UPS, they said I had to talk to the shipper. I ordered the items, but the site I used was technically the shipper. They were the only ones that could start a 'trace'. Normally, the site would have replaced the jerseys, but they were custom and not in stock, etc... She wanted to just refund the money to me, but I was pissed that a package just 'disappeared' so I told her to start the trace. A week and a half later, my package miraculously showed up in their system and was delivered the same day. I would assume Fedex has some sort of similar process.

OP
V

VidProQuo

Reaction score
Can't VZW track the "lost" phone upon its activation.. they have the IMEI number, and can simply "flag" it in their system.. if someone tries to activate it, then they know where it is and who has it...

Yes, they have "bricked" the phone in case anyone tries to activate it. I just want a new phone in an unopened box.

arabstar1982

Reaction score
What ticks me off about Verizon using Fedex is that they don't bother to pay the extra amount and insure the package for greater than $100... HELLO, we are all paying over $100 for these phones and should one get lost, they are worth more than that $100 it is automatically insured for. I would think since Verizon was the shipper that they would have to deal with Fedex, they shipped it, it hasn't touched your hands and you have absolutely NO control over that package until it gets into your hands, so how is it your problem? Why should you be out money or have to fight to not be out money when you have never physically seen the package... something just isn't right with that picture IMO. I would hope verizon makes it right with you....

OP
V

VidProQuo

Reaction score
I would think since Verizon was the shipper that they would have to deal with Fedex, they shipped it, it hasn't touched your hands and you have absolutely NO control over that package until it gets into your hands, so how is it your problem? Why should you be out money or have to fight to not be out money when you have never physically seen the package.

I absolutely agree but the four "customer service" representatives I talked to at Verizon (including a "supervisor") wouldn't budge on this point. Verizon has $650 of my money and I have nothing. I don't care for the way Verizon has handled this. My only recourse in the future is to bad-mouth both Verizon and FedEx every chance I get.

Schimm

Reaction score
These things require an 'indirect' signature so it just can't be left on your doorstep. So.....who signed for it? Was it your name forged with a different signature? These are a couple of questions I would ask.

Mbk

Android For Life
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Since it never got to you, how can VZW justify that it's your obligation to follow-up with FedEx??... something doesn't add up here.

What does the tracking number show?... you must've gotten an email with the tracking number. And if it shows as not yet delivered to you, then it's legally VZW's obligation to follow-up with FedEx and send you yours at no extra charge...

unless of course we're not getting the whole story here...

Martin030908

Super Moderator
Reaction score
I'd push the issue with Verizon. This is their issue.

Write a letter to higher ups. Make complaints. This is not your disaster to fix. It's theirs.

oo3rex

Reaction score
I'd push the issue with Verizon. This is their issue.

Write a letter to higher ups. Make complaints. This is not your disaster to fix. It's theirs.

Exactly, Verizon contracted FedEx to ship a device to you, and FedEx failed to do so and Verizon doesn't care? I don't think so...don't let them get away with that.

OP
V

VidProQuo

Reaction score
Since it never got to you, how can VZW justify that it's your obligation to follow-up with FedEx??... something doesn't add up here.

What does the tracking number show?... you must've gotten an email with the tracking number. And if it shows as not yet delivered to you, then it's legally VZW's obligation to follow-up with FedEx and send you yours at no extra charge...

unless of course we're not getting the whole story here...

You are getting the entire story.

Yes, I got an email from Verizon with a tracking number on the 29th, I followed the phone's progress from Ontario, CA to Memphis, TN. The last time its whereabouts were known was in Memphis and that's where it's been since the 1st. The nearest it has ever been to my house was in the FedEx plane flying over Albuquerque on its way to Memphis from California.

This morning I finally got FedEx to confirm that the package was indeed lost. Thinking that it was Verizon's problem, I called them in an attempt to get them to deal with FedEx from their end. The first customer rep said that it was my responsibility. I made the argument that I didn't choose FedEx nor did I have any contractual relationship with them. Through several more customer reps and a supervisor, they maintained that it was not their problem. The ONLY way they were going to send me another phone (even though it won't be sent for 2 weeks) was for me to charge another phone to my credit card. I don't think I've been treated well by either Verizon or FedEx but other than hiring an attorney, I don't have much leverage against two giant corporations. My Verizon bill for my family plan is around $300/month, you'd think they'd treat me a little better.

Hopefully, FedEx will refund to me the purchase price of the lost phone and Verizon will eventually send me a DroidX. I hope I like the damn thing, I already have a bad taste in my mouth about it.

ih8iphones

Reaction score
That's y i don't order stuff i bought my droidx at walmart they had a ton in stock. And that was two days ago,next time buy a phone at a local walmart ,atleast its 199.00 no need for a rebate and u don't have wait for it to ship cause its already in your hands lol.

OP
V

VidProQuo

Reaction score
That's y i don't order stuff i bought my droidx at walmart they had a ton in stock. And that was two days ago,next time buy a phone at a local walmart ,atleast its 199.00 no need for a rebate and u don't have wait for it to ship cause its already in your hands lol.

That wasn't exactly an option in my case. I'm glad you can laugh about it. Thanks for your concern.