Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.ccroms.net
logo.png

Competition in the Open-Source World Drives Software Evolution

With this release we have striven to stamp out a several of the annoying bugs that have been plagueing users from the market and other areas. Along with these bug fixes have brought a few additional features as well, including a new built in app that handles all sapphire options, clock removal from the status bar, and battery percentages on the battery indicator. With this we hope to have hit our stride, and will be pushing more features with less bug fixes. We also got all of the themes finished ahead of time so that everyone will be able to enjoy them instead of having to wait. Hope everyone enjoys!

Link to the main Sapphire site: start [CVPCS Sapphire Wiki]

Bugs and feature requests:Bugzilla [CVPCS Bug Report and Feature Request]

Donate link on main Site

BullDroid

Reaction score
So even if we are coming from .7.0 we need to data wipe?? I literally just got everything set up like I wanted finally and am very happy with my phone! Just wondering if it's ok to not wipe?? Thanks!

wingdo

Reaction score
So even if we are coming from .7.0 we need to data wipe?? I literally just got everything set up like I wanted finally and am very happy with my phone! Just wondering if it's ok to not wipe?? Thanks!

You may be fine w/o the wipe, but official support will require a wipe prior to 0.8.4. This was done so that there would be no lingering effects from prior builds so that cvpcs / sniffle are working on issues directly related to 0.8.4 and not some remnant left behind from 0.7.0 or earlier. It makes a lot of sense, and 0.8.4 once again reinstalls all your market apps.

BullDroid

Reaction score

You may be fine w/o the wipe, but official support will require a wipe prior to 0.8.4. This was done so that there would be no lingering effects from prior builds so that cvpcs / sniffle are working on issues directly related to 0.8.4 and not some remnant left behind from 0.7.0 or earlier. It makes a lot of sense, and 0.8.4 once again reinstalls all your market apps.

Yeah the only problem I have with that is I am running the "extreme orange" theme and I love it. And im guessing its not supported in this latest build so I will be waiting on updating. Thank you for the quick reply! It does make sense just not for me right now :)

PJnc284

Reaction score
yeah, installed without a wipe and noticed that the google apps were gone. Added them using the .zip file and the setup wizard wouldn't let me advance and the gmail app wouldn't open. Wiped and am in the process or restoring apps now.

Martin030908

Super Moderator
Reaction score
yeah, installed without a wipe and noticed that the google apps were gone. Added them using the .zip file and the setup wizard wouldn't let me advance and the gmail app wouldn't open. Wiped and am in the process or restoring apps now.
.8.4 does not have the Google apps included in the ROM update.zip.
There is a separate update.zip for the Google Apps.

It's on the wiki page :)

SamuriHL

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
Phenomenal release! Everything's working perfectly. Thanks so much for this!!

PJnc284

Reaction score
.8.4 does not have the Google apps included in the ROM update.zip.
There is a separate update.zip for the Google Apps.

It's on the wiki page :)

Yeah, that's what I used but things were still wonky. Everything is working perfectly now after wipe though.