Features, and Bug-Fixes, and Themes, OH MY! Sapphire - 0.8.4

Martin030908

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Just an FYI for anyone.

Tried installing .8.4 without wiping from .7.0 first. All went well except for after applying the gapps fix I could not get past the Android welcome screen.

Performing data wipe fixed the issue.

I know it said to wipe but I was trying it out without wiping first.

SamuriHL

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
Just an FYI for anyone.

Tried installing .8.4 without wiping from .7.0 first. All went well except for after applying the gapps fix I could not get past the Android welcome screen.

Yea, that was my first question....whether to wipe or not. In the end I figured it was safer just to wipe it and be done with it. I put my apps back with titanium and restored my account settings. Done. It's been running awesome since. I'm very pleased. Now I just have to pick a theme. So many to choose from!

bodean

Reaction score
Just an FYI for anyone.

Did not wipe coming from .7.0 Applied fixes via rom manager. NO ISSUES at all, all seems to be running just fine. Again, DID NOT wipe, no issues so far (2 hours now).

Tanknspank

Beta Team
Premium Member
Reaction score
Wow, I wake up early to no release, so I go and take a nap and miss the release >.<

Last edited:

SamuriHL

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
My poor battery doesn't think so. :D It's, um, resting. hehehehe. I did a lot to it today so that's not surprising. We'll charge it back up and see how it does.

Quantify

Reaction score
Filed a bug with bugzilla - market is working, but FCs after use. So, as soon as it's not the active application (move away from it), I get two FCs in a row. Also happens when I reboot, presumably because the market is checking for updates.

1) Yes, I wiped. Twice.
2) Yes this happened before I themed.
3) Yes I cleared the market cache, rebooted, and tried again.
4) No I have not done the market fix, as I would prefer to have the android 2.2 fingerprint and wait for the few remaining apps that I use to get updated for 2.2.

Martin030908

Super Moderator
Reaction score
What folder are the default ringtones in? I wanna snag one of them and move it to the notification folder.

Thoraldus

Reaction score
Installed - did wipe everything - backed up from Titanium - everything is fine - 19.642 Linpack out of the box. :icon_ banana:

kook

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Anyone else noticing considerably lower temps? I'm talking 20 degrees lower.....

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk