Features, and Bug-Fixes, and Themes, OH MY! Sapphire - 0.8.4

njs1190

Reaction score
subsynth, thank you for all your help. i do not know where i made a mistake down the line but for some reason i am now running 0.7.0 and i do not know why. for some reason my recovery is now cyanogen and no long sp recovery which is what i originally flashed. i do not know whats going on

kevdog

Reaction score
One additional question -- how do you get the notification sound upon boot of the phone?? Is this in the build.prop file?

kook

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Where can I find themes to install over the top of this ROM? Ive done a base install with no theme and everything looks good?
You can try the theme in my sig ;). roberj13 has 3 nice theme colors to choose from as well. RedLINE, Purple Passion and Blue Energy.

subsynth

Reaction score
subsynth, thank you for all your help. i do not know where i made a mistake down the line but for some reason i am now running 0.7.0 and i do not know why. for some reason my recovery is now cyanogen and no long sp recovery which is what i originally flashed. i do not know whats going on

Sorry I can't help you any further, it sounds like your problems are stemming form using ClockWorkMod Rom Manager, which I do not use.

cvhovey

Reaction score
Try using older version of the Superuser app: http://www.droidforums.net/forum/koush/58525-cm6-rc1-official-droid-13.html#post627446

Fixed my Superuser issues with setCPU running on Sapphire.

This is the second time I've seen the newer Superuser app crap out on me ... the first time was on CM alpha 7. In short, everything started out fine. But within a day or so, Superuser started really dragging its feet in allowing already-approved apps to start-up, and finally stopped working altogether, even though still sitting their in the app drawer. So thanks for that link, as it seems to have resolved the Super(less)user issue.

mtkregs

Reaction score
Since we're all a bunch of multitasking fools in the Droid community (because we can)...I thought I would throw this comment at you to find out if anyone else is experiencing this.

I have a 2hr round trip commute to work. So, as soon as I get into my car, I snap my MotoDroid into the car mount and start listening to Pandora or podcasts (Doggcatcher). When text messages come in, I slide the notification screen down and click on the SMS app to read it. Since my headphones (wired, not bluetooth) also have a mic, I often respond via speech to text. I could do all of this without interrupting the music or podcast I was litening to....meaning those would continue to play at the same time I was speeking my text message. Lately, and I don't know if it's a bug with 0.8.4, when I click on the mic key on the keyboard, the music/podcast stops playing until I'm done using speech to text.

Has anyone else noticed that? Also, if anyone knows the cause/fix, please reply.
Thanks in advance!

white_ash143

Reaction score
Since we're all a bunch of multitasking fools in the Droid community (because we can)...I thought I would throw this comment at you to find out if anyone else is experiencing this.

I have a 2hr round trip commute to work. So, as soon as I get into my car, I snap my MotoDroid into the car mount and start listening to Pandora or podcasts (Doggcatcher). When text messages come in, I slide the notification screen down and click on the SMS app to read it. Since my headphones (wired, not bluetooth) also have a mic, I often respond via speech to text. I could do all of this without interrupting the music or podcast I was litening to....meaning those would continue to play at the same time I was speeking my text message. Lately, and I don't know if it's a bug with 0.8.4, when I click on the mic key on the keyboard, the music/podcast stops playing until I'm done using speech to text.

Has anyone else noticed that? Also, if anyone knows the cause/fix, please reply.
Thanks in advance!

Umm wouldn't the music interfere with you speaking into the mic? Seems like a deliberate thing to me, if only to keep the music from being interpreted as you speaking into the mic.

patmw123

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6
I am brand new to sapphire but not so new to rooting and what not. I have to say sapphire is much much different from every other rom I've tried in the past. It seems much much much more stable and is lightning fast. I'm wondering where the scripts for sapphire are listed, I can't seem to find them. I'm also having trouble changing icons using ninjamorph. I hate the folder icons for browser and such that were included and I'd like to change them. Everything goes smoothly throughout ninjamorph until I check to see if the icon is changed...and the icon is the exact same? I am absolutely in love with the speediness of this rom but If i can't make little changes such as this then I won't use it. I tried changing the system to rewritable thinking that could be an issue...only to be denied again. Can someone please help me?

edit: busybox is already installed btw i checked

pdroid

Silver Member
Reaction score
I am brand new to sapphire but not so new to rooting and what not. I have to say sapphire is much much different from every other rom I've tried in the past. It seems much much much more stable and is lightning fast. I'm wondering where the scripts for sapphire are listed, I can't seem to find them. I'm also having trouble changing icons using ninjamorph. I hate the folder icons for browser and such that were included and I'd like to change them. Everything goes smoothly throughout ninjamorph until I check to see if the icon is changed...and the icon is the exact same? I am absolutely in love with the speediness of this rom but If i can't make little changes such as this then I won't use it. I tried changing the system to rewritable thinking that could be an issue...only to be denied again. Can someone please help me?

I'm not familiar enough with ninjamorph, so I can't be of too much help there.

If you type scriptybox in terminal you'll see all the scripts available.

Tanknspank

Beta Team
Premium Member
Reaction score
Just type scriptybox into the terminal and it will list out all script options for you. :)

Meh, pdroid...

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

patmw123

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6

Since I can't figure out ninjamorph, would it affect anything as far as the rom is concerned if I just pull the browser .apk for example from another rom and then just delete the one that comes with sapphire and install the pulled one?

Last edited:

wingdo

Reaction score

Since I can't figure out ninjamorph, would it affect anything as far as the rom is concerned if I just pull the browser .apk for example from another rom and then just delete the one that comes with sapphire and install the pulled one?

Have you tried using metamorph? Just make sure you have USB Debugging enabled or you will end up like me wondering why it's not applying.

patmw123

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6
pulling the broswer from kangergade didn't work. I didn't think it would, just a guess. Anybody have any other ideas? Has anyone succesfully even been able to change the stock icons with the folder? There's no way I'm the only person to request this...

Last edited: