Facebook -error occured while fetching data

Ukk

Reaction score
Folks,

When ever I am trying to access facebook News feed for new updates i am getting No content with following error message

"An error occured while fetching data"

How to resolve this issue?

Thanks,
Ukk

turdbogls

Reaction score
Folks,

When ever I am trying to access facebook News feed for new updates i am getting No content with following error message

"An error occured while fetching data"

How to resolve this issue?

Thanks,
Ukk

i got that message late last night (midnight eastern time) so i am assuming it was just a server issue and not anything to do with the actual app.

OP
U

Ukk

Reaction score
Nope, I get this error message most of the times...

Tallica

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
The only time I ever get this message is when I have no data connecton. ie: no wifi or 3g signal icons in the notification bar

OP
U

Ukk

Reaction score
Even when there is 3G or wifi, its not fetching data. If I try unistall and install Facebook app will this solve the issue? any recommendations please...

Tallica

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Even when there is 3G or wifi, its not fetching data. If I try unistall and install Facebook app will this solve the issue? any recommendations please...

You haven't tried that yet!?

Yes, please do that, it could be the issue

OP
U

Ukk

Reaction score
No wonder...I guess I had a older version of FB in my Droid that could be the problem. After installing the latest version I am able to see the updates.

Thank you folks!

Goldsticker

Reaction score
facebook android an error occurred while fetching data

All,

I have been having the same problem for about the same amount of time. Any time I attempt to access the Facebook for Droid app I receive the message -"An error occurred while fetching data. (500/Internal Server Error). I have uninstalled and re-installed the app several times. I have a 3G connection. What is really strange is the Facebook Touch app works.

Any thoughts will be appreciated?

Thanks,

UrbanBounca

Rescue Squad
Staff member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
This is a common problem with the Facebook app. Facebook is pretty bad when it comes to creating and maintaining an Android app.

Goldsticker

Reaction score
Miracles of all miracles. This morning it decided to start working. The only thing I did last night was charge my battery.