Facebook not updating anymore?

Kr4zexghost

Reaction score
okay so all of a sudden, while using the facebook application on the droid, i was trying to refresh the page and this error message came up
"An error has occured while fetching data [null]"
I've been trying repeatedly and it still says that. I did a batt pull thinking it would fix it, but it didnt. I'm not like a facebook fanatic but i do want to use the given application on my phone properly otherwise it would render the app useless to me. :mad:
Anybody else know wsup w/ this? or possibly a fix or reason to why this is happening. Thanks in advance.

OP
K

Kr4zexghost

Reaction score
no i haven't yet. Waiting for someone if they have one. Is yours displaying the same error message?

Androyd

Reaction score
Droid in Kansas... same Facebook App issue

The Facebook Droid app started failing an hour or more ago. Tried logging out & in, pulling battery, etc.

I attributed it to St. Patricks Night overload of everyone @ the bars uploading drunk pics, but web access is fine. Not sure what's going on.
I've tried deleting browser cache and history as well, but to no avail.

The News feed page begins the standard build with "Loading data..." but within 1 - 3 seconds the following error is displayed, per the original post:

"An error occurred while fetching data. [null]"

Last edited:

Takami826

Reaction score
I'm getting it, too.

Though I'm also having trouble seeing anything on m.facebook too! If the pages load, IF my notifications load, I cannot reply, confirm, deny etc... the page just sits there..

Last edited:

TuBitMittens

Reaction score
Same problem here when trying to view my wall. When are they gonna start making decnt social and I'm apps?

Droidanne3

Reaction score
I am also having that problem. I can get to my wall by following the link to a thread in an email message but not by clicking on the Facebook app.

Tallica

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Same problem here to, just my wall. News feed and notifications are updating when forced. But get that message when trying to force update my wall

Goad

Reaction score
i am having the same issues....died on me last night trying to post drunk pictures.

i can view the mobile and touch sites via browser, but not from the standard facebook app when selecting 'News Feed'

kinda annoying as this is my routine way of checkin fb

i tried logging out of the app (resetting my fb data) and rebooting the phone.

Otherguy12

Reaction score
Mine stopped around 11:00 last night. It started working at home while on my WiFi, didn't work this morning but started working again while on 3G but stopped again. I also downloaded a new Weatherbug U/D which stopped working as well.

Reaction score
ya same problem here im still getting updates though cause i got that aim chat thingy that connects aim and facebook the facebook app isn't working do youi think this problem could be associated to the fact that verizon is putting out there update?

mikeofny

Reaction score
I have a time gap from 2AM - 6AM. Wonder if it has anything to do with the 2.1 update.