[Exclusive Rumor] Moto's X Phone: Multi-Carrier, Key Lime Pie, Google I/O & More

Garemlin

Developer Relations
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
LG G3 (VZW), Nexus 7 v2
Locked bootloaders don't really bother me anymore as my need to flash constantly has gone away. When the desire hits I tinker with my Nexus 7. I have come to a point that as long as I can root I am perfectly happy. My phone is always my daily driver and I don't like to tinker too much and end up out of commission with a bad flash or ROM. With that being said I still prefer Moto phones over any other. But their offerings over the last few years have become, for lack of a better word, boring. Both in hardware and software. Hopefully the new X will refresh the Moto line and bring something fresh and new.

52brandon

Reaction score
Locked bootloaders don't really bother me anymore as my need to flash constantly has gone away. When the desire hits I tinker with my Nexus 7. I have come to a point that as long as I can root I am perfectly happy. My phone is always my daily driver and I don't like to tinker too much and end up out of commission with a bad flash or ROM. With that being said I still prefer Moto phones over any other. But their offerings over the last few years have become, for lack of a better word, boring. Both in hardware and software. Hopefully the new X will refresh the Moto line and bring something fresh and new.
even out of principle? That is total crap. "Oh, you want to do what you want with your phone, that you paid for? $15/month extra"

cobravnm13

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Galaxy Note 9
Buy from Google. Cheaper. No unlocked bootloader fee.

UltraDroid

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 3, straight stock
Locked bootloader comment coming in 3.....2.......1.......

:big smile:

I tend to think that, if Google really wants this phone to succeed, they will have a bootloader that is either unlocked, or can easily be unlocked. If that annoys some carriers, well... (shrug) ;)

xguy

Reaction score
Collagoration ??

Sounds like the Bionic again which I wasted money on.

Prediction;

It'll be thin and cool looking. Have a LOCKED bootloader and an updated version of ugly ass blur running on KLP. Oh and loads of bloatware, because god forbid we don't have bloatware!!

Until Motorola collaborates with Google to make an ultimate Nexus phone I don't care about the X Phone , they'll never get another cent from me again.

Since Google now owns Motorola Mobility, I'm thinking collaboration might be a possibility, LOL.

ubm0158

Reaction score
here we go again: another hyped and mysterious phone.

Remember how Motorola and Verizon screwed the smartphone World with that piece of $hit
Bionic? Never again!

Reaction score
Remember how Motorola and Verizon screwed the smartphone World with that piece of $hit
Bionic? Never again!

Old moto... different company under Google... are you not getting JB?

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Xparent Skyblue Tapatalk 2

ubm0158

Reaction score
:D
Since Google now owns Motorola Mobility, I'm thinking collaboration might be a possibility, LOL.
Google owned Motorola when That pile of dog $hit
Bionic was hyped up and put on the market.
You know it's bad when the head of the division opens up then closes a google
Plus page that discusses among other things
The fact that "bionic owners got a raw deal".

ubm0158

Reaction score

The bionic was supposed to be released in early 2011- with ICS. Finally, in October 2011 it was released.
We were promised - I mean lied to- In november 2012 that JB Would be released. Still waiting. In the mean time
Random reboot, locking up for no f'ing reason, slow as hell, piss poor keyboard
Etc. thank god almighty for Steve Jobs and the iPhone!!
I gave up on the Motorola piece of $hit bionic and bought Ann iPhone 4S. As did two of my coworkers
That made the same mistake as me in buying that POS bionic.

ubm0158

Reaction score

The only thing this phone is good for is a hotspot. I did root the the phone a while back
And took care of business.

jaycemiskel

Reaction score
:D
Google owned Motorola when That pile of dog $hit
Bionic was hyped up and put on the market.
You know it's bad when the head of the division opens up then closes a google
Plus page that discusses among other things
The fact that "bionic owners got a raw deal".

No they didn't. Check your facts before you talk about stuff you don't know about.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk HD

ubm0158

Reaction score
Hopefully you can follow along. (Pay attention to "due diligence")

No they didn't. Check your facts before you talk about stuff you don't know about.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk HD

Google to Acquire Motorola Mobility ? Investor Relations ? Google
Google to Acquire Motorola Mobility

Combination will Supercharge Android, Enhance Competition, and Offer Wonderful User Experiences

MOUNTAIN VIEW, CA and LIBERTYVILLE, IL – AUGUST 15, 2011 – Google Inc. (NASDAQ: GOOG) and Motorola Mobility Holdings, Inc. (NYSE: MMI) today announced that they have entered into a definitive agreement under which Google will acquire Motorola Mobility for $40.00 per share in cash, or a total of about $12.5 billion, a premium of 63% to the closing price of Motorola Mobility shares on Friday, August 12, 2011. The transaction was unanimously approved by the boards of directors of both companies.

The acquisition of Motorola Mobility, a dedicated Android partner, will enable Google to supercharge the Android ecosystem and will enhance competition in mobile computing. Motorola Mobility will remain a licensee of Android and Android will remain open. Google will run Motorola Mobility as a separate business.
-------------------------->>
5 steps to a successful acquisition
5 Steps To A Successful Acquisition

1. Develop an acquisition plan
2. Broaden the scope of due diligence.
When acquisition of a company is the clear solution, the buyer normally agrees in principle to proceed with the transaction, provided due diligence shows that the reported facts are accurate. This involves examining the financial statements, legal status, inventories, etc., with in-house and outside experts in these areas. The objective is to ensure that every element has been covered.

The due diligence must not only confirm the vendor's good faith but also the soundness of the business, in terms of both its current situation and its development potential. For instance, if the majority of sales are generated by only a few customers, you should confirm that they intend to continue to do business with the company.

Although difficult to do, your due diligence must also take into account changes you intend to make to the company after acquisition. These changes may be essential, but their cost may substantially reduce the return on the capital invested.
3. Make changes quickly
4. Give human resources a central role
5. Integrate the best of the two cultures
------------------------<<
Droid Bionic Release On Sept 8 Confirmed by Verizon

Finally, the release date of the Droid Bionic has been confirmed.

1 of3
(Photo: IBTimes)
Motorola Droid Bionic
Sponsored Link

Sony HDTVs for Business
Verizon Wireless, on its Twitter page, announced the release date of Motorola Droid Bionic, saying that the new beast of Motorola Android phone will be unleashed on Sept. 8, as previously rumored by numerous sources.

As I have said,The Motorola Droid Bionic is confirmed to release on September 8th, tweeted @DroidBionic on Friday.

An IBTimes reader wrote a comment to an aritcle on Friday, saying, I went to my Verizon store today and hey allowed me to order the Bionic now. They said it would be shipped to my home on Sept. 8th.

Earlier, Verizon also rolled out a teaser ad Conquer All Machines which also displays 2011.9.8 at the end.

GotnFX

Reaction score
Google to Acquire Motorola Mobility ? Investor Relations ? Google
Google to Acquire Motorola Mobility

Combination will Supercharge Android, Enhance Competition, and Offer Wonderful User Experiences

MOUNTAIN VIEW, CA and LIBERTYVILLE, IL – AUGUST 15, 2011 – Google Inc. (NASDAQ: GOOG) and Motorola Mobility Holdings, Inc. (NYSE: MMI) today announced that they have entered into a definitive agreement under which Google will acquire Motorola Mobility for $40.00 per share in cash, or a total of about $12.5 billion, a premium of 63% to the closing price of Motorola Mobility shares on Friday, August 12, 2011. The transaction was unanimously approved by the boards of directors of both companies.

The acquisition of Motorola Mobility, a dedicated Android partner, will enable Google to supercharge the Android ecosystem and will enhance competition in mobile computing. Motorola Mobility will remain a licensee of Android and Android will remain open. Google will run Motorola Mobility as a separate business.

Well technically this says it was an approved agreement between the two companies. Everything about the bionic and RAZR series was all Motorola. I agree the bionic was a POS, but since then a lot of Googlization :) has occurred regarding Motorola phones. This new phone may have started as Motorola but it is definitely more Google influenced now since the deal was officially closed in May of 2012. They even replaced the previous CEO Jha with a Google insider, Woodside. Come back to Motorola..it is calling you. Lol.