[Rumor] Google X Device with Android 5.0.1/Key Lime Pie on AnuTuTu Benchmark

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Google-X-benchmark.png

Eat a few Saltine crackers before chewing on this new rumor, but if it is a legitimate leak, oh what a tasty morsel it is... Supposedly a device called the Google X just showed up online in an AnTuTu benchmark running Android 5.0.1/Key Lime Pie. As you can see from the pic, the chip in this device is running at 1.5GHz. The score of 15,479 is not really impressive compared to the 25k-28k scores of the HTC One and the Samsung Galaxy S4 (both variants), but it is also likely that this is prototype test hardware and not the final build.

Obviously if this is for real, the most exciting aspects of this leak are the facts represented. Namely, the X Phone does exist and is in development running Android 5.0.1 Key Like Pie. What is also interesting is that the device was called the Google X Phone, instead of Motorola X Phone. This may mean nothing, as internal names could differ from the final retail version, but it is still worth noting.

Of course, this could also be completely bogus. What do you guys think? Real or fake?

Thanks to our tipsters!

Source: PhoneArena

Last edited:

Hugh Jass

Reaction score
It's likely realistic that they'd fudge the chip they'll use since it probably isn't in production quite yet and to thwart would be competitors or naysayers. That said, I hope they don't go nuts on the processor because I'd much rather have a good camera, decent battery life, and important features instead.

cereal killer

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nokia Lumia Icon
Specs will be fine no matter what they put out. High end devices nowadays have no problems with slowness/lag/unresponsiveness. Features, features and features are what I'm looking for. Show me a nice looking phone with tons of cool and functional features and I will snatch it up immediately. I don't care if a phone has an Octa-core and 3 gigs of RAM. If the camera, software/features, battery and aesthetics are "meh" I'll pass