[Rumor] Android 5.0 Key Lime Pie Coming October with a New Nexus & the Moto X Phone

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Android-5-Key-Lime-Pie.jpg

At Google I/O this year, Google focused on developers for Android, and because of this they left some things out of the conference, most notably any new Nexus device and/or Android 5.0/Key Lime Pie. It was probably a strategic decision to hold off until later, as well as give Google more time to refine and polish the next iteration of Android. Of course that leaves us wondering when Android 5.0/Key Lime Pie will finally hit the ground running, but we haven't heard a peep about that really... until today.

Just this morning the media was tipped that Google will probably be launching Android 5.0/Key Lime Pie in October. The news tip also shared some details about the requirements for the OS, and that it will probably be coming on a new Nexus device. Additionally, this timeframe pegs the launch to be around the same time as the previously rumored launch of the Moto X Phone. Here's a quote with a few of the details,

Although it is not yet clear what introductions an Android 5.0 Key Lime Pie arrival would make, latest reports have suggested the OS improvement will be back compatible with all manner of current Android handsets.

Said to demand system requirements of just 512MB of RAM, Android 5.0 could soon find its way to all manner of mid-range handsets and not just the high-end likes of the Samsung Galaxy S4 and HTC One. Citing unnamed sources, VR-Zone has suggested the next Android OS could be as much about uniformity across all screen sizes and handset abilities as it is introducing new features.

Tipped to hit with a new Nexus smartphone, recent Google Nexus 5 rumours have suggested the repeatedly leaked handset will land running a 5.2-inch 1080p Full HD display alongside a speedy 2.3GHz Qualcomm Snapdragon 800 quad-core processor.

With a reported 3GB of RAM and a 3300mAh Lithium-Polymer battery in tow, the Google Nexus 5 is seemingly set to become the new powerhouse of the smartphone scene.

It looks like Android fans are going to have a great reason to have a Halloween party! DancingNexus

Source: AndroidTablets.net via TrustedReviews

cobravnm13

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Galaxy Note 9
I guess it would be too much to hope for a good/official update for devices who have reached EOL. I hope there's a chance, but I'm not holding my breath. My heart did skip a beat when I read this, though.

Sent from my DROID3 using Tapatalk 2

kodiak799

Gold Member
Reaction score
LOL, I knew we would see that oddball 3gigs of ram - it's more than 2, but it's not 4!

Also, needing 512megs of ram would likely only be backward compatible with devices running stock Android. Any phone with a mfr UI probably wouldn't cut it, if they'd even push an update in the first place.

Reaction score
I don't care how much RAM or what kind of processor is in the next Nexus (although those are looking mighty fine) as long as the damn things supports LTE I will be happy.

kodiak799

Gold Member
Reaction score
No mention of an SD card, likely because there isn't one

trestevenson

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Huawei Nexus 6P
I just need to hold out for 4 months...I can do this...

Crankintopwater69

Silver Member
Reaction score
Android-5-Key-Lime-Pie.jpg

At Google I/O this year, Google focused on developers for Android, and because of this they left some things out of the conference, most notably any new Nexus device and/or Android 5.0/Key Lime Pie. It was probably a strategic decision to hold off until later, as well as give Google more time to refine and polish the next iteration of Android. Of course that leaves us wondering when Android 5.0/Key Lime Pie will finally hit the ground running, but we haven't heard a peep about that really... until today.

Just this morning the media was tipped that Google will probably be launching Android 5.0/Key Lime Pie in October. The news tip also shared some details about the requirements for the OS, and that it will probably be coming on a new Nexus device. Additionally, this timeframe pegs the launch to be around the same time as the previously rumored launch of the Moto X Phone. Here's a quote with a few of the details,

It looks like Android fans are going to have a great reason to have a Halloween party! DancingNexus

Source: AndroidTablets.net via TrustedReviews
Can I dress up as an Iphone?:p

Hugh Jass

Reaction score
Seems weird to me, why do a flagship Nexus 5 and forget about the fantastic budget phone the brand is known for. I think it's more probable that the IS the X, which isn't very probable at all since Motorola doesn't have it in them. For google to outsource to a Moto competitor a phone that would certainly crush the X that is leaked as we know it no matter what creepy features it has. Snap 800 and 3gig of ram are flagship sell-points all on their own, no gimmicks necessary.

combatmedic870

Reaction score
Hello, my dear friends, today I will tell you a amazing news. do you have a Smartphone? good or bad? if not good, doesn't matter. the most popular Android 4.2 Galaxy S4 Smartphone is the best one I bought online. my all friends say: perfect!! and then they all bought it. so lucky we are. it is up to 90% off now. €159.99. I bought it on a special price, very satisfied. now let me share my surprise gift: in this packing boxes including: smartphone, charger, headphones, USB, GPS, Lithium-ion battery 2100mAh,a free beautiful phone case and phone protector film. all very well packed. all are in perfect condition!!
Firstly: this phone looks very beautiful, a large screen high definition. significant high level. very slim, light. good color, very happy to its appearence.
Secondly: I took several photoes, oh, make me so surprise its a high pixel, high-resolution,high degree of inspiration. clear pictures, good color. 8MP. really good. far beyond my expected.
Third: testing this battery, after an hour testing, so high quality. from my hands pass to another terminal single core with a processor. phone's fluidity is very good. in really perfect condition. now check the durability, which scares me, but looks great. Jelly Bean Android 4.2.1. You can set in Spanish and can disable all.
Forth: thanks seller's good gift. a beautiful phone case, a high quality phone protector film. I went to real shop to ask their price. they are €20. thanks seller help me save these money.
therefor, through my experience, this €159.99 Android 4.2 Galaxy S4 N9500 Smartphone is very worth and believable. maybe you have some doubt, just like I bought it first time. because we don't see the real phone. however, if we don't take the first step, we will not know how perfect this Galaxy S4 N9500 Quad core Smartphone!! I am sure it is the cheapest one in Spain. we only spend less than €200, we can enjoy more! one of my friends bought eight phones at once. it is a very nice deal. good function. good seller, fast delivery, lowest price. amazing gift. face so many advantages, why we don't try it without doubts? chance is little, don't be any hesitation!! I really really highly recommend it to everyone. yesterday my freiend bought six phones, she will send these phones to his family. very good gifts choice. unique perfect: S4 N9500 ??MTK6589 Quad core con 5 pulgadas de la pantalla 1GB RAM 2GB ROM Android 4.2 móvil--Tony's Space-TiendaPerfecta online Mall - Tablet PC al por mayor - venta al por mayor de teléfonos celulares
The monthly sales of more than a million mobile phones, I see many friends have purchased this phone and gave this store unanimous praise. i did not hesitate to buy it. under my recommendation yesterday, one of my friends one-time purchased of six phones, he gave his friends, and we are very fond of. More important is that the store is now engaged in promotional activities, there is a 90% discount, and now we just need to spend € 159.99, you can own this perfect phone, you still hesitant what? promotion only for five days, do not miss this perfect opportunity, really good, believe me.

c560fe7508bf841841f96043445ac733.jpg

:icon_eek::censored::cus::icon_ nono::icon_ nono::work3::work3::icon_ ban::icon_ ban::icon_ ban::icon_ ban::icon_ ban::icon_ banned:

b-jammin21

Reaction score
How's Tmo's service in your area?

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk 2

I live in a rural area of West Michigan, so all cellphone signal is pretty weak in most areas, especially right on the lake. However, where I work gets great 4G reception for Verizon and I generally get pretty good signal everywhere.

As for Tmo, I'm not exactly sure. I haven't heard the greatest things about reception in my area, but I'm really hoping that Tmo takes off and expands their coverage area as they acquire new customers.

A work colleague of mine brought in his daughter's Tmo phone to test it out (he's very analytical about everything), and he seemed mostly pleased with the reception. He also plans to jump on the Tmo train when his Verizon contract is up in November (he got the GNex at launch as did I).

So, as I said, I only expect that it will get better around me as it grows in popularity. Worse comes to worse, I will have no contract and can drop it anytime I want. Seems to be a win/win scenario for me regardless.

How about you?