[Exclusive Rumor] Moto's X Phone: Multi-Carrier, Key Lime Pie, Google I/O & More

jpiarull

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto Z Force Droid
Twitter
jpiarull
All I want is

Verizon
1080p
RAZR Maxx (or better) battery
2 or more gigs of ram

Add in Quad-Core at 2.0 Ghz+, SD card removable, with 64 gig internal with 12MP+ rear camera with no shutter lag and Razr toughness you have a winner.

djspy

Reaction score
Add in Quad-Core at 2.0 Ghz+, SD card removable, with 64 gig internal with 12MP+ rear camera with no shutter lag and Razr toughness you have a winner.

Yes all that too! I forgot about the storage. I hope its at least 32 gigs.

jroc

Silver Member
Reaction score
Hope its true. For my wants n needs Moto has never let me down. Maybe I just got lucky with my phone selections.....

I dont like the 5"+ phones that are coming out tho. In this case...I would deal with it. I'm one of the few that actually like Moto phones now a days...lol.

donzz

Reaction score
I hope this does come out in May. My first phone was the OG Droid then when I was able to upgrade I got the Bionic. When May comes around I'll be able to upgrade again. I'll stick with Moto phones until they fail me. So far I have real good luck.

jaycemiskel

Reaction score
I have a feeling that this phone will be a disappointment to me. I'll keep watching though.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk HD

cobravnm13

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Galaxy Note 9
I would/will definitely buy the dev edition.

voodoodaddy

Reaction score
I hope this does come out in May. My first phone was the OG Droid then when I was able to upgrade I got the Bionic. When May comes around I'll be able to upgrade again. I'll stick with Moto phones until they fail me. So far I have real good luck.

We must be brothers from another mother. I had the OG Droid, Bionic, and my upgrade is also due in May. I have been saying I was going to go back to the iPhone which I had on ATT years ago but I just dont think I can go back to a smaller screen.

I HATED the Bionic for a long, long time. Not so much the build quality of the phone, I think Moto makes good, durable phones, but it was very buggy. That was until ICS came out. I rarely complain about my phone anymore, expect the lackluster battery life.

So this new Moto/Google X phone sounds like what I need. I like the size of the Galaxy Note, but I think Samsung phones just feel too flimsy. Plus, IDK for sure if either the Note or the Galaxy S3 had an LED light. Im so dependent on that little blinking light telling me I have new messages. Hopefully thats standard issue for all Moto phones, including the new X.

bigdad63

Reaction score
Screen is really only 4.5 inches when you count the ugly onscreen buttons. And "nyet" to non-replaceable /upgradable batteries that decrease resale value.

tech_head

Silver Member
Reaction score
Screen is really only 4.5 inches when you count the ugly onscreen buttons. And "nyet" to non-replaceable /upgradable batteries that decrease resale value.

Motorola only charges $49 to replace batteries out of warranty. In warranty, it's free.
They also only charge $100 for broken screen replacements.

npro1464

Reaction score
Well it would be nice for Google to put out another Nexus since the Nexus 4 is impossible to get. Even if it is not a "Nexus."

djspy

Reaction score
I think Google is releasing this Motorola Nexus device without officially calling it a Nexus. They don't want to get the other partners mad for some reason. So, basically what we have now with some Verizon bloat but we'll get updates like a Nexus device. If we buy it straight from Google.

cobravnm13

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Galaxy Note 9
I think Google is releasing this Motorola Nexus device without officially calling it a Nexus. They don't want to get the other partners mad for some reason. So, basically what we have now with some Verizon bloat but we'll get updates like a Nexus device. If we buy it straight from Google.

There's no way I'd buy this through VZW.

52brandon

Reaction score
that's awesome. BUT, considering my VZW contract is about up, if they want to charge $15 per month to unlock the bootloader, I will never renew. If Moto makes it to where that is the only way you can unlock it on VZW, I will not support Moto anymore either. There are a lot of nice phones coming out soon, I love Moto hardware, but if that's how they choose to do business, well then I will choose to take my business elsewhere