[Exclusive] Motorola Droid 4 Unboxing and Quick Review Video

cereal killer

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nokia Lumia Icon
[video=youtube;knEBQfnL3ms]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=knEBQfnL3ms[/video]​

We have been anxiously awaiting the Motorola Droid 4 review unit, and now she has arrived. We have to tell you the Droid 4 performed flawlessly throughout the day. We didn't get a chance to really test battery life yet, but will be playing with it more and will bring those results to you tomorrow, along with some other impressions. The real test comes when it hits the consumers hands, but before that, you guys want to know if it's a phone worth plunking down your hard earned cash for. We can unequivocally say the answer to that is yes!

Of course, you will want to check out the unboxing and video review above, but here is a summary of our impressions. Also, we have compiled a few quotes from several of us here in the offices for you.

First, the main few things that we like/love about the phone are:
  • The amazing keyboard
  • The silky smooth user interface
  • The attractive aesthetics
  • The overall feel/balance of the phone
  • The ultra fast 4G LTE
  • The solid build quality
  • The fast camera focus
The few things we didn't like are:
  • Some of us (although not all) prefer the 4.3 inch screen size
  • Missing physical button for camera
  • Picture quality was only good, not great
Here is a quick quote from several of us here in the DroidForums.net offices to share some individual impressions of the phone.

The best Droid yet. The keyboard is phenomenal! The rounded edges make it super comfortable. ~ DanDroid

This is a gorgeous phone. I really like the rounded corners, and the textured rubberized backing feels great. It's a tiny bit bulky to me, but the fantastic slide-out keyboard make it worth it for users that want that feature. ~ dgstorm

This is hands down and by far the best keyboard on a Droid yet! ~ JohnDroid

It seems a bit thick, but the keyboard is a noticeable improvement. It's smooth and responsive and very fast! I do miss the dedicated physical camera button on the side, like on my trusty Droid 2, but it's still a great phone. ~ veraderock

This is an awesome keyboard! The spacing of the keys is comfortable and just about perfect. The ergonomics are large but not too bulky and quite manageable. ~ DougDroid

wicked

Administrator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 3 XL
Twitter
@MikeAlvez
Good video CK! dancedroid Pretty nice phone too!

apotheosis415

Reaction score
Fast camera focus

Fast Camera Focus. GOOD to hear.

Now MOTO if you are watching, GET THAT FIXED ON THE D3 already!!! geeesh!

apotheosis415

Reaction score
Hows the camcorder? Focus ok and everything? Im guessing you know thats my biggest gripe about the d3.

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Good job ck... I am almost tempted to buy a d4 now.

OP
cereal killer

cereal killer

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nokia Lumia Icon
Review unit has stellar 4G LTE connectivity. If it is indicative of the units that will end up in users hands, Droid 4 owners will be very happy.

I don't want to mislead anyone and say that will be everyone's experience because many factors come into play (LTE coverage in different areas in particular) , but if it is, kudos to Motorola

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
Great review. The phone looks awesome and that keyboard:blink:

Good friend of mine will be picking it up release day so hopefully I can get my hands on it when it comes out. Good work fellers!

silverfang77

Reaction score
Looks really cool, especially that awesome keyboard. Too bad I can't get it until July.

djembeman

Reaction score
Battery... Removable or not?

Is the battery in the removable or user replaceable?

This or the RAZR Maxx is what I should have waited for when I got my LG Revolution that was replaced by the Bionic when the Revolution couldn't take the Gingerbread update/warranty replacement=dead capacitive buttons. Bionic is great and has great battery life with extended battery, but the RAZR Maxx at the store the other day was just crazy!!! Amazing touch sensitivity and extremely zippy.

Does this also have the nano-coating that makes the screen have a blue tint? I'm not sure it I like that.

Thanks for the un-boxing video.

Droid Bionic, Stock-Rooted, Forever-Root.

tjk629

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
NEXUS 6
I like unboxing vids also. So you're not the only weird one :p

Actually, I like review videos in general. Always wanted to do them, but I don't exactly have the money for the devices :D

snowman

Reaction score
Thanks CK appreciate the review, looking for price maybe get this one , I've been waiting for it .

soops

Reaction score
Kudos for the review. Like the format, the way you guys approach it. Anyway I'm very tempted. No minuses in my opinion.

Sent from my DROID using Tapatalk

J

JohnDroid

Make sure you guys thumbs up the video! :) And Subscribe to our channel, should be more videos coming now.

robert70

Reaction score
Great video ck, I'm gonna look into it when my upgrade comes along.

trestevenson

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Huawei Nexus 6P
If the bootloader was unencrypted, I'd be all over this b**ch. :icon_ cry: