Motorola Droid 4 Already Reviewed by Wirefly (Video)

alboboy10

Reaction score
Yea. I'm on the app. I click on the link and it brings me to the internet page saying it cant find the address.

Crf450r420

Reaction score
This will likely be my next phone, unless I find another keyboard phone I like. I'll be checking it out as soon as it's at the the store to see. I have to have a keyboard for fast touch typing. I also like the smaller 4 inch screen. Fits in my pocket and with the slide you don't need the extra size since the keyboard doesn't cover half of it.

As for locked bootloader. Having a locked device running an open soruce OS is an oxymoron. From the report I read Google will leave Motorola as it's own company. It will be like they never bought them. This means it will likely stay locked unless Moto decides to wake up. Maybe that potition going around the web will work. I sure hope it will.

apotheosis415

Reaction score
Droid 4

Wider then the D3? No thanks. This thing is a beast already at D3. Funny the specs have rarely changed as far as weight and size go since D1.

jedihep

Reaction score
Nice try Moto, but I'm not wasting my upgrade or money on 5 month old tech, in today's constantly chainging and improving smartphone market, that's akin to buying a 2 year old computer! And what a slap in the face to true OG Droid fans! There is absolutely no reasion that this couldn't have been released on the same exact day as the razor! Stick your marketing dept and bite me! I'll withhold my money and support for any of your products until you wise up and stop playing games! My advice to you Moto and Verizon is to start reading the user posts like this and release products when they are current! Not when they are old news by tech standards! I'm still using my OG Droid because you people cannot get your acts and a$$es in order, so that I might buy a comparable phone when it is to the same standard as the Og's, when it is still cutting edge! Why should I waste my hard earned cash on old tech to get what I want! It's not hard to get my money, just follow the Og's original formula for success! Release a top of the line cutting edge phone by industry standards that has a good slide out keyboard, a metal case, fully featured with all the newest goodies, and a removable battery, and I will gladly part with my money without question or hesitation! But since the release of the Og you haven't been able to repeat this!! You release things that are hardly able to be considered upgrades, that are not to the Og's formula, and are outdated before they are even released! Until you start providing an appropriately high tech instrument I will support that which I love by keeping it. At this rate my phone will be 10 years old before you wise up or blunder onto a hit again! And until you do you'll get no more money from me and only criticism about your failure to impress! Wake up and wise up Motorola! I love what you did with the original Droid but you haven't delivered the same quality, or standard since, when it was still a relevant and appropriately cutting edge device! I can't say it enough! Wake up and wise up!

B-Unit

Reaction score
^ This.

Im strongly considering jumping ship to Sprint so I can get a GSII. If moto doesn't show some unlocked bootloader love by spring, and depending how GSIII rumors look, Im going ask Verizon if they can hear my $$$ leaving their pocket.

loki993

Reaction score
Nice try Moto, but I'm not wasting my upgrade or money on 5 month old tech, in today's constantly chainging and improving smartphone market, that's akin to buying a 2 year old computer! And what a slap in the face to true OG Droid fans! There is absolutely no reasion that this couldn't have been released on the same exact day as the razor! Stick your marketing dept and bite me! I'll withhold my money and support for any of your products until you wise up and stop playing games! My advice to you Moto and Verizon is to start reading the user posts like this and release products when they are current! Not when they are old news by tech standards! I'm still using my OG Droid because you people cannot get your acts and a$$es in order, so that I might buy a comparable phone when it is to the same standard as the Og's, when it is still cutting edge! Why should I waste my hard earned cash on old tech to get what I want! It's not hard to get my money, just follow the Og's original formula for success! Release a top of the line cutting edge phone by industry standards that has a good slide out keyboard, a metal case, fully featured with all the newest goodies, and a removable battery, and I will gladly part with my money without question or hesitation! But since the release of the Og you haven't been able to repeat this!! You release things that are hardly able to be considered upgrades, that are not to the Og's formula, and are outdated before they are even released! Until you start providing an appropriately high tech instrument I will support that which I love by keeping it. At this rate my phone will be 10 years old before you wise up or blunder onto a hit again! And until you do you'll get no more money from me and only criticism about your failure to impress! Wake up and wise up Motorola! I love what you did with the original Droid but you haven't delivered the same quality, or standard since, when it was still a relevant and appropriately cutting edge device! I can't say it enough! Wake up and wise up!

Well I guess you cant satisfy everyone

jedihep

Reaction score
Well I guess you cant satisfy everyone

Sure you can offer it for $50 bucks as my upgrade. Not $199 or more for something this out of date in respect to what is now being offered and what is to be released in two more months. Don't ask me to pay a ridiculous amount of cash for something that is not even upper shelf. That's akin to paying the price of a new Camero and gettieng a Cavalier for your hard earned cash! As far as processors go this is not even close to being considered a Corvette of a processor any more!

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
I sort of agree... This moment here (when og droid got rooted) is what changed the game for ever. To have an all metal phone that was a tank with the ability to do all kinds of cool stuff. Og droid users couldnt wait to show our iphone buddies our new roms with live wall papers, smoked glass theme, ans overclocked. The fans brought motorola back from nothingness and yet motorola seems to show no love for us.

[video=youtube;YfQXjPkYkNM]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YfQXjPkYkNM[/video]

The moment I rooted and romed my device I was basically sold on motorola and android and had money waiting to give to motorola again. Who would have thought 2 years later that the droid that was so popular would not see a true successor.

loki993

Reaction score
Sure you can offer it for $50 bucks as my upgrade. Not $199 or more for something this out of date in respect to what is now being offered and what is to be released in two more months. Don't ask me to pay a ridiculous amount of cash for something that is not even upper shelf. That's akin to paying the price of a new Camero and gettieng a Cavalier for your hard earned cash! As far as processors go this is not even close to being considered a Corvette of a processor any more!

Its the same processor, maybe, that's in the Razr, hardly an old processor. the only TI processor out thats better is the one in the Nexus. Which they could use in the D4 if they wanted, in fact that processor was rumored to be used in the Razr at one point as well. Im not sure it that was ever confirmed one way or another. You cant compare anything to whats coming out in to months, it just doesn't work that way with any phone. Its a Razr with a keyboard, that's all it was ever supposed to be. Nothing more nothing less

Last edited:

jedihep

Reaction score
I sort of agree... This moment here (when og droid got rooted) is what changed the game for ever. To have an all metal phone that was a tank with the ability to do all kinds of cool stuff. Og droid users couldnt wait to show our iphone buddies our new roms with live wall papers, smoked glass theme, ans overclocked. The fans brought motorola back from nothingness and yet motorola seems to show no love for us. The moment I rooted and romed my device I was basically sold on motorola and android and had money waiting to give to motorola again. Who would have thought 2 years later that the droid that was so popular would not see a true successor.

Hear Hear! Bravo! And two thumbs up! Use the formula that made the D1 great and give us a device that we can utilize like we used to and be proud of and it will be a unprecedented success again!

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Its that same processor, maybe, that's in the Razr, hardly an old processor. the only TI processor out thats better is the one in the Nexus. Which they could use in the D4 if they wanted, in fact that processor was rumored to be used in the Razr at one point as well. Im not sure it that was ever confirmed one way or another. You cant compare anything to whats coming out in to months, it just doesn't work that way with any phone. Its a Razr with a keyboard, that's all it was ever supposed to be. Nothing more nothing less

If the d4 had an unlocked bootloader, same display as the razr, either a removable battery or the battery in the razr that phone would get so much love. I think what a lot of motorola fans are asking for is a device that is revolutionary and pushes the limits with the true openness that came with the og droid. Motorola spent too much time locking down phones, stuffing their software down customer's throats, and stringing customers along. This d4 should have been released when the d3 was released and the razr when the bionic. Motorola right now could be the king of android in the states but the moves they made are actually alienating some of their fan base. Yes the d4 is nice but its 5 months too late. Other than lte what does this phone have that is better than the d3.

jedihep

Reaction score
Its that same processor, maybe, that's in the Razr, hardly an old processor. the only TI processor out thats better is the one in the Nexus. Which they could use in the D4 if they wanted, in fact that processor was rumored to be used in the Razr at one point as well. Im not sure it that was ever confirmed one way or another. You cant compare anything to whats coming out in to months, it just doesn't work that way with any phone. Its a Razr with a keyboard, that's all it was ever supposed to be. Nothing more nothing less

The specs are out on the D4 and it is the same processor that's in the razor which is my point exactly! This processor came off the drawing board this time last year and went into devices like the razor and hit the public's hands months ago (multiple plural here)! Thus old news old chip! Give us something new for our money and support of a great device! And as far as it being a razor with a slider I agree and that is all it was ment to be I agree again! You simply bolster my point! If all the hype of the Og's success simpley rested on a slider with a current processor it wouldn't be the most successful smartphone with a loyal and almost fanatical following that is still strongly supported by the developer community! So if they want to release the razor with a slider more power to them just don't besmurch the OG Droids name with a ba$tard type slacker device! They should then have called it the razor slide and released a true D4! Why wouldn't they do this, because released along side a real D4 it would be an unprecedented failure! This simply put is slacker development! If I wanted a razor I'd have purchased one and not have waited for a real Droid successor!!!!

Last edited:

jedihep

Reaction score
If the d4 had an unlocked bootloader, same display as the razr, either a removable battery or the battery in the razr that phone would get so much love. I think what a lot of motorola fans are asking for is a device that is revolutionary and pushes the limits with the true openness that came with the og droid. Motorola spent too much time locking down phones, stuffing their software down customer's throats, and stringing customers along. This d4 should have been released when the d3 was released and the razr when the bionic. Motorola right now could be the king of android in the states but the moves they made are actually alienating some of their fan base. Yes the d4 is nice but its 5 months too late. Other than lte what does this phone have that is better than the d3.

I couldn't agree with you more!

debdroid1a

Reaction score

Actually it's only 3 month old tech. The Razr was out on 11/11/11. That's why it's only $199 for a 4G phone. Usually they're $299 when new.

The reason why it wasn't released in December, right after the Razr, is because those with D3's cried about it being released sosoon after the D3 and so Moto held off.

Cutting edge? There aren't that many phones now that are. Simply because there's nothing to compete with. The D4 is better then the D1, even the D3 because the D4 has 4G. But they didn't have to go too much above the D3 because there isn't much to compete with (don't give me the Nexus as an example, it's not that much better--no boatloder, but the majority of the population doesn't care, they want a phone that works).
If other manufacturers, and not even apple, step up their game with a cutting edge device, then Moto will do the same. And try to up it. Because they will want our money.

So you don't have to get the D4, that's fine. The rest of us will and enjoy it.

Also, make sure you've copied and pasted this to Moto, you have, haven't you? Or you've told them in another e-mail, facebook post, etc.... good. They do need feedback from their customers.