Droid Bionic Benchmarks with Pics and Video

jroc

Silver Member
Reaction score
Why do some ppl act like if you dont feel the same way as them....somethings wrong with you?

Think about the ppl that didnt even know the Bionic was coming out. To them this will be the best phone in the world. Did we have this argument last year when the Droid X1 and the Fascinate came out? Even with the specs of the Fascinate....the Droid X1 was more popular.

So at the end of the day....does it really matter what phone a person likes or wants or gets? Lets not forget on of Android's pros is choice.

Trusstopher

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
While I know we love to find out early leaked info here on the forums, it seems like leaking any info about a phone that is more than a month away from release is one of the worst things a phone manufacture can do. For one, it has the possibility of stopping some people from buying other phones for a long amount of time (see: people who have been sitting on their upgrade for 6 months+ for the bionic). Also, it gets consumers extremely excited, but then quickly anxious and impatient. If you show your cards too early, suddenly it is "old tech" that you are releasing because you talked about it 6 months ago at a conference even though no one else has brought anything similar to the market. It is such a slippery slope for the manufactures that we play on with these games of early information and speculation.

sb1831

Reaction score
While I know we love to find out early leaked info here on the forums, it seems like leaking any info about a phone that is more than a month away from release is one of the worst things a phone manufacture can do. For one, it has the possibility of stopping some people from buying other phones for a long amount of time (see: people who have been sitting on their upgrade for 6 months+ for the bionic). Also, it gets consumers extremely excited, but then quickly anxious and impatient. If you show your cards too early, suddenly it is "old tech" that you are releasing because you talked about it 6 months ago at a conference even though no one else has brought anything similar to the market. It is such a slippery slope for the manufactures that we play on with these games of early information and speculation.

A large majority of the younger generation in America has a sense of entitlement and the "I want what I want when I want it, and if I don't get it i'll throw a tantrum." Especially in the tech sector. Of course that will offend some here but I don't care because it's true.

With that being said, the general public isn't nearly as upset that this phone hasn't dropped as the online community is. A lot of people still don't shop online, or places like amazon and wirefly for cellphones. With people being close to their upgrade dates (those that adopted the D1) getting emails about early upgrades lots of people will be going into the stores in the coming weeks to see if anything fits their tastes. With the Bionic out, and everyone speculating about an impending iPhone launch Moto has still placed themselves in the best possible position to compete with regards to the general population. No common man is going to wait for the Vigor or Nexus Prime(not that either of them have a solid launch date anyway) if they go in looking to upgrade.

I DO think that Manufacturers are going to have to chose to go the way of Apple with regards to marketing though. One or two big releases a year are all the general population has an attention span for.

nikecar

Reaction score
Too many people just had an orgasmic experience with this phone. Don't know why, but I guess some things are pretty boring in Server Central.

jroc

Silver Member
Reaction score
A large majority of the younger generation in America has a sense of entitlement and the "I want what I want when I want it, and if I don't get it i'll throw a tantrum." Especially in the tech sector. Of course that will offend some here but I don't care because it's true.

With that being said, the general public isn't nearly as upset that this phone hasn't dropped as the online community is. A lot of people still don't shop online, or places like amazon and wirefly for cellphones. With people being close to their upgrade dates (those that adopted the D1) getting emails about early upgrades lots of people will be going into the stores in the coming weeks to see if anything fits their tastes. With the Bionic out, and everyone speculating about an impending iPhone launch Moto has still placed themselves in the best possible position to compete with regards to the general population. No common man is going to wait for the Vigor or Nexus Prime(not that either of them have a solid launch date anyway) if they go in looking to upgrade.

I DO think that Manufacturers are going to have to chose to go the way of Apple with regards to marketing though. One or two big releases a year are all the general population has an attention span for.

Exactly. Check around the Bionic sections and you will see some ppl about to get their first Android phone. Excited about it too. The general public probably didnt even know this phone existed until Verizon started showing the ads.

smokiedabong

Reaction score
:rofl3: newest and greatest phone on VZ and it still gets pwned by two six months old phones , six months in technology world is like what ? 25 years in human years ? :clap: great job VZ you are truly the greatest

jroc

Silver Member
Reaction score
^Yea it sure did get owned....cuz winning benchmarks is what all manufactures strive for....

Never mind Moto doing their own LTE chip.

Trusstopher

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
*Looks at user name, type of phone, picture, and message....*

*.........*

Too easy

*Walks away*

sb1831

Reaction score
^Yea it sure did get owned....cuz winning benchmarks is what all manufactures strive for....

Never mind Moto doing their own LTE chip.

LOL Exactly.I thought these were PHONES. Benchmarks are good for computers, the bottom line is if you can't place a call, or get solid download speeds, you can take your benchmarks and throw them down the toilet. LTE is old technology that half the country doesn't have apparently...

Tuktanuk

Reaction score
LOL Exactly.I thought these were PHONES. Benchmarks are good for computers, the bottom line is if you can't place a call, or get solid download speeds, you can take your benchmarks and throw them down the toilet. LTE is old technology that half the country doesn't have apparently...

I was under the impression that "smartphones" were basically computers on the go. They are certainly pack more power than say a 2.5 year old laptop. Respectfully; I disagree about benchmarks. Benchmarks allow people to see test data. It's up to that person on how they feel about it. IMHO, I think that benchmarks are of use; not an end all, be all, but of use. It's a standard piece of software running on 2 or more different devices and the end result allows people to see the difference in each phone and how it handles each part of the test (benchmark). There is no 4G where I live and we probably will not see it until next year sometime. As far as placing a call or solid download speeds...... most on Verizon won't have too many issues with that to begin with. The network plays a fairly large part here. no towers!? no downloads or calls..... just ask those on another carrier.

eagle1967

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.sourceryrom.com
I was under the impression that "smartphones" were basically computers on the go. They are certainly pack more power than say a 2.5 year old laptop. Respectfully; I disagree about benchmarks. Benchmarks allow people to see test data. It's up to that person on how they feel about it. IMHO, I think that benchmarks are of use; not an end all, be all, but of use. It's a standard piece of software running on 2 or more different devices and the end result allows people to see the difference in each phone and how it handles each part of the test (benchmark). There is no 4G where I live and we probably will not see it until next year sometime. As far as placing a call or solid download speeds...... most on Verizon won't have too many issues with that to begin with. The network plays a fairly large part here. no towers!? no downloads or calls..... just ask those on another carrier.

funny enough i live i think in the only place where verizon service is spotty 3g-1g-3g. tmobile actully has "4g" here 10 down 3 up for me. not lte but good enough for me. and no announced 4g. but when verizon comes out with a phone i want ill get it and end tmobile.
ws just to tide me over with a good phone, although the g2x had its problems onl prob now is gps is poor but different roms fix it lg just has no idea how to program either the tegra chip or android or both.
it may be tegra drivers and may be why the bionic changed processors.
But for the person tht said moto released at the right time. yeah its easy if you have the provider not offer the phones that are comparable. g2x,atrix,photon,sensation,evo3d, etc. many other comparable phones. think g2x is only one that matches up the best 8megs internal and 512 of ram hdmi and usb not mhl port. 4 inch screen but its not pentile. and i went and looked at it and cant understand why they would use that. it is obviously problematic i definatley noticed that my g2x screen was much clearer and crisper.
so while the bioinc is a fine device and probably sell tons. the people that say its old tech arent far off. there are many comparable devices that have been out for quite a while. and many as i had posted before were pushing but it has ddr2 and i just dont see anything in the benchmarks out that show it makes any noticable difference and is actaully lower than some others.
Unless people buy the bionic thinking the bootloadre is unlocked or didnt check the display to see if it doesnt bother them ahead of time i think they will be very happy with the device.
LTE- do we really need a phone that can do 22mbs down. as i said i get 8-10 down on tmobile and wish i could tell the phone to only do 5mb since i am tierd on tmobile and it justs burns through data faster. (many sites send video contact depending on determined speed-so you get a higher quality vid that you cant distinguish on the phone but burn the bandwidth) really what is 22mbps if you can only use it for an hour .
and the citrix server stuff on the bionic will be handy many especially busines users.
the webtop stuff is just a gimmick to me the price of the addons just arent comparable to what they offer. But for some this is the thing that noone else has and makes this a device that noone else has met.
and i think its known that moto seems to have the best reception on their phones.
so i think those that like it have as many reasons as those that dont.
but i have to laugh when people seem to get so mad that someone doesnt think the bionic is all that when they do.
its a phone most specs have been out on other phones for a while, this is just a fact if you like the bionic what do you care about those that dont.
the thing is many of us want a moto phone after having the droid and love the build quality the lack of problmes weve had with it. and are disapointed that this moto phone is not what we were looking for in an upgrade.

"thanks for calling bionic opinion hotline.. this is peggy"

jroc

Silver Member
Reaction score

While I will agree benchmarks do serve a purpose...if phone A comes in on top...and phone B is a close 2nd ...phone B is nothing to sneeze at. Thats why I said winning benchmarks earlier. The Exynos is gonna be the benchmark king for awhile. And probably the next Samsung chip too. And benchmarks never tell the whole story. Like how some manufactures use gpu acceleration in the browser....that should make it have better browser scores.

Or like how the EVO 4G had its FPS capped. Do other phones have it capped too? An update uncapped it eventually.

And this doesnt include the benchmark tests that can be manipulated. Some are more reliable than others, or the pro version tells a better story than the free, standard version

Tuktanuk

Reaction score
Agree wholeheartedly jroc. As with anything data related; it can be manipulated. Also agree about the Phone A vs B point. Having said that..... it's a bit upsetting to see an older phone score leaps and bounds better than a brand new phone even though the technology is around the same age. This is not a case of 1st vs 2nd or 3rd; The Bionic is pretty far down that list for my own liking. NOT to say that the Bionic is not relevant for the market and not to say that it will not be able to secure it's place but, scores low enough for me to be cautious about it. I'd love the ability to have a few phones at one time so I was able to run my own tests and come up with my own results and not just benchies. The bottom line is; the Bionic is the new King in town and, as with all new kings in Tech; the reign is short lived. We as loyal subjects (or is it slaves?!?) have no choice but to succumb to it's gleaming red eye demanding that we part with our heard earned cash just to hold it.

DroidXDoes4G

Reaction score
Bionic scores are equal to my D3, obviously.

Sent from my DROID3 using DroidForums