Dumb newbie question: Up/downloading files to pc

ndoren

Reaction score
Ok, this is so obvious a question, but I'm clueless.

What's the easiest way to get MP3 files to my SD card, as well as avi movies? Similarly, what's the best way to download photos from Android to PC? I don't want to remove the memory card... is there a way to sync either via USB cable or bluetooth to my PC? Is there a desktop manager for the PC? Thanks.

NvrEnough

Reaction score
Yes u can sync through the USB cable. Just drag the songs you want to the sd card or vice versa PC to SD card.

What operating system are you using?

OP
N

ndoren

Reaction score
I'm running both linux and Windows XP. I am sure linux will see the device as a mountable storage device, if XP does.

txskeets

Reaction score
I just connect it to my PC and then bring down the home screen from the top (where it shows your connections, time, etc, choose the USB connection and choose mount. Then it shows up as a 'removeable drive' on your pc that you can click on and move files all around. I've made directories for ringtones, videos, notifications, etc and that is where I put the respective files so they will show up in the 'list' when I want to choose them.

Tommyd1

Reaction score
I have windows XP. When I plugged my USB cord into my computer, with the phone attached the first time, it said we have discovered new hardware, then when I clicked on the icon in my tray, it said the hardware could not be found.

Now when I try it again, it only say's it's safe to remove the devise.

I would like to download the pictures from my phone into my computer.

What can I do ???

txskeets

Reaction score
I believe by default the pictures you take on the phone, save to the SD card in the DCIM directory. See my steps above for mounting the phone on the computer (I had the same thing with the hardware could not be found issue) and once you get the phone mounted you should be able to get to your pictures and the hardware not found issue wont be an issue.

Tommyd1

Reaction score
txskeet - thanks, that worked :icon_ banana:

Thank God for this forum, I'll probably get pretty good with this phone a lot quicker than I would have on my own.

BoiseEd

Reaction score
It's that connecting part that's giving me trouble. With the USB cable, I plugged into my MacBook Pro once, tried to copy something to the Droid, and apparently disconnected too soon (because the copied file wasn't usable). Trying to connect again, now the Mac doesn't register the connection. The phone says "Droid" in that annoying robotic voice, but nothing on the Mac. I even tried rebooting the Mac, to no avail. What do I need to reset?

BTW, txskeets, I love your Horns icon.