Connecting a D2 to PC via USB

GuyM9

Reaction score
When I got my Motorola D2 about 4 months ago I connected it to my PC via USB and downloaded pictures, mp3's, and some text files to the phone. I don't remember the exact procedure I used, but now I can't get the PC to even see the phone. When I plug in the USB cable I get a connected light on the phone and the battery gets charged, but the PC does not seem to see the phone. Any ideas what I'm doing wrong?

Thunder_sl

Reaction score
When the device is plugged in, pull down your notificaton screen, tap on USB CONNECTION, and see what mode you are in. Make sure it is not set to Charge Only...

OP
G

GuyM9

Reaction score
There is no mention of USB on the notification bar or connection screen. The computer does not beep as the cable gets plugged in.

Guy

sal33n

Reaction score
When you plug your phone into a pc it should act like any other usb mass storage device and come up as a drive letter. Do you have a flash drive you can try and see if you have the same problem? There is no real procedure, you just plug it in and browse the contents. Have you tried a different usb port? Also try on a different computer to see if it comes up. Sounds more like an issue with the computer than the phone.

OP
G

GuyM9

Reaction score
Problem solved, thanks for the replies.

The problem was a bad cable, it would let the phone charge, but not connect as a USB.

Thanks again,

Guy