Dropped 4G Data EVERYDAY!!!!!!!!!!

darrick04

Reaction score
Bone stock Bionic, no Lookout app, or any security app for that matter and constant data drops here too. The signal for 3G and 4G are always there but they go from blue (full signal, data) to white (full signal but no data).

Sure hope the OTA for ICS rolls out soon. It's really absurd.

rocketsaucev2

Reaction score
darrick04 said:
Bone stock Bionic, no Lookout app, or any security app for that matter and constant data drops here too. The signal for 3G and 4G are always there but they go from blue (full signal, data) to white (full signal but no data).

Sure hope the OTA for ICS rolls out soon. It's really absurd.

Get a hold of Verizon tech support. It might be frustrating as they walk through the same old bullcrap but if you get a refurbished unit sent it may be a godsend (I have first hand experience). Or even after that, support mentioned a new device which may be what you want/need. Don't expect that tho...

darrick04

Reaction score
Get a hold of Verizon tech support. It might be frustrating as they walk through the same old bullcrap but if you get a refurbished unit sent it may be a godsend (I have first hand experience). Or even after that, support mentioned a new device which may be what you want/need. Don't expect that tho...

Problem is, I got this unit off ebay, not from VZW, so I doubt they will have any sympathy for me.

TisMyDroid

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Note 3
I really have no idea if this is typical practice or if things still work the same way but...

I had to replace a phone buying off Ebay because I water damaged my phone. MY ebay phone (it was an LG, one of the first feature phones that verizon had but apparently did not do very well) started to act bizarre, I took it to verizon to see if they could fix it, they couldn't and they were proceeding to order me a replacement. I literally tried to tell the gentleman that he couldn't because I didn't buy the phone through Verizon but that I bought it off of Ebay. He said it didn't matter... that the phone was still covered under warranty. I asked many times to make sure he understood that I bought the phone off of Ebay and he assured me it did not matter. Now, obviously this was years ago but it is possible that your phone could be replaced even though you bought it off ebay.

krazyace38

Reaction score
darrick04 said:
Problem is, I got this unit off ebay, not from VZW, so I doubt they will have any sympathy for me.

As long as the IMEI number shows that the phone is less than a year old it will still show up under mfg warranty in their system. The Bionic came out in September 2011 so it's less than a year old. Tell them your issue and they will go through all the normal troubleshooting steps to solve the issue. If that doesn't fix your problem then they will get u to give them the IMEI number and will replace it under the warranty. Doesn't matter where u got it.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC ( ICS 232) using Droid Forums

TisMyDroid

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Note 3
Thanks Krazyace for explaining that. That makes sense. I thought that maybe no one would believe me about getting a replacement for my ebay phone because at the time I was totally shocked and couldn't believe that verizon covered it. But this explains why. Well, that is pretty darn cool!

lisalisa13

Reaction score
ok, so decided to call tech support and whatever he did made the 4g come back at home. of corse once I went out got drops again, but did manage to pick it up a few times around town. He told me that if the problem wasnt fixed from whatever he did, next step would probably be factory reset or replace sim card. thoughts?

krazyace38

Reaction score
lisalisa13 said:
ok, so decided to call tech support and whatever he did made the 4g come back at home. of corse once I went out got drops again, but did manage to pick it up a few times around town. He told me that if the problem wasnt fixed from whatever he did, next step would probably be factory reset or replace sim card. thoughts?

Sim card could be the problem because the sim card is needed for the internet especially for 4g try this turn off ur phone pull battery and remove sim card wait about 5 to 10 minutes then put the sim and battery back in and turn phone back on if that doesn't work u may have to try a FDR and if that doesn't work u can go to ur local verizon store ( not a retailer) and get a new sim they are free. Good luck

Droidram56

Reaction score
It may or may not work but it is the process of elimination that the vzw reps will take you through. In my case, neither a sim card replacement or a replacement phone has solved it and I am still having discussions with vzw.

lisalisa13

Reaction score
krazyace38 said:
Sim card could be the problem because the sim card is needed for the internet especially for 4g try this turn off ur phone pull battery and remove sim card wait about 5 to 10 minutes then put the sim and battery back in and turn phone back on if that doesn't work u may have to try a FDR and if that doesn't work u can go to ur local verizon store ( not a retailer) and get a new sim they are free. Good luck

he had me pull the sim card already. guess I'll try the factory reset next. if i go to get a new sim card how do i know which store is which? tech guy said to go to a corporate store?

Reaction score
It is totally software..... 902 was much better than anything prior. 905 was the worst. I usually always wait for the ota, but 905 made my phone worthless. I installed the ICS leak and it works better than ever.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

matjmonk

Reaction score
Im running 905 and the phone is flawless

Different people have different experiences, .902 was ok, .905 was totally worthless and just about made me call VZW to demand another phone. ICS leak .2237 was better, ICS leak .230 I didn't see much change from the first leak and ICS leak .232 has been pretty good, especially with CM9. I still see some data drops (I live in a no 4G/Marginal 3G area) but they do seem to recover quicker and I do see more occurances of 4G connectivity at home than any of the previous software. The Bionic is not perfect for data like the DX was, but it sure has gotten a lot better in the last two months.

Cheers