Droid X2 Just Became Real On Motorola.com

WenWM

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
twitter.com

It seems the latest rumors of a soon-to-be-released Droid X2 are officially on their site without being officially announced. Just a few hours ago, the latest version of Motorola’s big boy phone, the Droid X2, showed up on the company’s site detailing some new features, and they seem to line-up with what we posted earlier in their User Guide. The Dual core, qHD, and 4.3 inch screen are all but confirmed now.

Who here is looking forward to getting this internally upgraded Droid X?

Via: Motorola DROID

Last edited by a moderator:

hawkfan71

Reaction score
I am, but can't upgrade for a long while, so I must wait :(

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

hawkfan71

Reaction score
Maybe by the time I can upgrade motorola will start making a 4g droid, I can only dream

C

cdexsw

not worth the upgrade....imo

better devices to come. my DX is working just superbly :)

pwrdbykyank

Reaction score
what a waste of resources if u ask me, why make the same looking phone and yet the same 3g network what are they thinking. Complete waste, maybe this will be a slap on their wrist. I think motorola has gotten a little too comfortable with previous phones selling good thinking they can slack off like this. Not only did they make a exact copy of droid x except add a little hardware extras which isnt much at all, but they screwed up big on the droid 3 IF it doesnt come with 4G, everyone who wants a damn physical keyboard phone like me has been waiting for a new phone to run on 4g and then they go and ruin it. :(

hawkfan71

Reaction score
I'm wondering if motorola is thinking that if they make the new one a dual core the phone will be as fast as the 4g, but not needing to put it on the 4g.

Droid_3.0

Reaction score
Man Guys why do most of you bash on the new Droid sure its the same on the out side but on the inside ohh its more then somthing.

shizumie

Reaction score
This will be a good phone for a lot of people. An upgrade for current power users, me thinks not. As for me, my next must be 4g, just trying to hold off a bit for better 4g market.

Sent from my Xoom using DroidForums

jroc

Silver Member
Reaction score
Man Guys why do most of you bash on the new Droid sure its the same on the out side but on the inside ohh its more then somthing.

Haters gonna hate...lol

I know current Droid X owners might look at it and be meh....I know some ppl looking at the GS 2, LG 3D, see this and be meh...

But it is still a step up from the current X. Some will feel not enough of a step up, some will feel its fine.

I wonder why HTC doesnt get knocked for having the somewhat same looking phones. Samsung too. How different does it have to look? lol

phxslayer

Reaction score
I was looking at getting it. I would be upgrading from a D1 so it would be a great improvement and I live in an area that will be waiting a while for 4G coverage so that doesn't matter to me ATM. We were about 1.5 years behind the curve for 3G so I fully expect it to be about the same for 4G.

I'm with jroc on looks. Don't think a phone has to change much on the outside. It's what's inside that counts. Just like ugly chicks... :)

shobe

Reaction score
I got my D1 the day it was released so I'm coming up to the end of my contract. It's irritating that all of these new Motorola phones with good specs are 3G. I'm pretty sure we have 4G here in Detroit or are at least slated to have it shortly, so there's no way I'm going to upgrade to a phone that will be limited by bandwidth in a few months. The Thunderbolt and Charge look ok, but nothing world beating. I was ready to drop coin for the Bionic, but it was delayed as well. I guess I'll be waiting to see which comes first, the Sammy Galaxy clone or Bionic. Just hope they hurry up and get there in the next month or 2.

nerdslogic

Silver Member
Reaction score

Haters gonna hate...lol

I know current Droid X owners might look at it and be meh....I know some ppl looking at the GS 2, LG 3D, see this and be meh...

But it is still a step up from the current X. Some will feel not enough of a step up, some will feel its fine.

I wonder why HTC doesnt get knocked for having the somewhat same looking phones. Samsung too. How different does it have to look? lol

about this different to satisfy apparently....before :icon_ banana: after dancedroid

RUSirius

Reaction score
I was looking at getting it. I would be upgrading from a D1 so it would be a great improvement.

I'm with jroc on looks. Don't think a phone has to change much on the outside. It's what's inside that counts. Just like ugly chicks... :)

I can echo your sentiments nearly to the letter. My contract is up on June 13th so I'll make the jump.

rlarson_mn

Reaction score
My understanding is that Verizon is going to release this phone with Froyo not Gingerbread. I am interested in the phone but only if it has Gingerbread on it as it's OS since I already have Gingerbread leak 573 on my Droid X. Tme will tell, I have the money and a reduced cost upgrade in. My pocket waiting.