[Rumor] Droid 3 Specs Leaked; Dual-Core CPU, qHD 4-inch Display, No LTE

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
droid-3-itw-2-leak.jpg

This isn't exactly anything that we didn't already have a clue about, but supposedly the actual specs for the Droid 3 have been leaked, and they seem to be in-line with what a lot of the industry rumor had them pegged as anyway. This "latest" info indicates that the Droid 3 from Motorola will have a dual-core processor (although which one was not mentioned), a 4-inch qHD display, and unfortunately will not have LTE. Again, this stuff was already speculated at this point, but it seems to be coming closer to being factual with each new tidbit. Now, if we can only get some newer "leaked" pictures, or something more official from Moto...

Source: Engadget

markwebb

Reaction score
I can live w/o the 4G as my state/city is NOT listed for 2011 OR 2012. I am due for an upgrade near the end of this summer and don't really need to pay higher prices for a 4G phone and/or plan.

kickyindahead

Reaction score
i love how people on the engadget site are complaining that if this phone doesnt have 4g theres no way its going to sell or they will even consider buying it. Dont they realize that there are A LOT of us verizon users that dont even have 4g nor are scheduled to receive it for another 1-2 years? Just some food for thought ...

techRob

Reaction score
i love how people on the engadget site are complaining that if this phone doesnt have 4g theres no way its going to sell or they will even consider buying it. Dont they realize that there are A LOT of us verizon users that dont even have 4g nor are scheduled to receive it for another 1-2 years? Just some food for thought ...

...such as those of us in Montana :)

kickyindahead

Reaction score
Any rumors of release date?

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums

Ive seen RUMORS of it being released in june .. but thats a week away so i highly doubt that .. also the most prominent estimate that ive seen is Q3... so i am guessing sometime around ... christmas... :)

... Utah here buddy .. asked the verizon people here in town and this guy looked at me with glossed over eyes.. and said... I dunno .. sometime late next year i think... :icon_eek:

gsdreams

Reaction score
Any rumors of release date?

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums

Ive seen RUMORS of it being released in june .. but thats a week away so i highly doubt that .. also the most prominent estimate that ive seen is Q3... so i am guessing sometime around ... christmas... :)

... Utah here buddy .. asked the verizon people here in town and this guy looked at me with glossed over eyes.. and said... I dunno .. sometime late next year i think... :icon_eek:

We usually find out a week before release (I.e. vendor employees and most likely vzw employees).

Not knowing right now doesn't rule anything out. I've heard at work that VZW has another 6 phones coming out between June and August.

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using Tapatalk

kickyindahead

Reaction score
well ... lets go to hopin that the d3 is among them .. really i dont care much . cuz if it comes out within the next year im still going to have to pay full price for it.. that is .. if its going to be worth it .. and im optomistic ... i think itll be worth it!

Thach

Reaction score
This is the phone that I am holding out to get. I really love the way it looks (if the pics are correct). Its going to be a sad day when I retired my Droid 1.

Stelv

Silver Member
Reaction score
4g is the wave of the future. If I can live 45 mins outside of Rochester NY in a small town and get it, I am sure that many people will have it by the end of this year.

bsweetness

Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 2 XL
Yeah, nothing that we haven't known since February/March. I want some new information...

bsweetness

Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 2 XL

The Droid X2 wasn't announced until right before it was ready to order on the website. The end of June, which is what all rumors have pointing towards, is not out of the question at all. This is especially the case when you consider all of the leaks regarding benchmarking, accessories, and replacement screens over the past month or so.

cloudstrife05

Reaction score
This is the phone ive been waiting for, but since i live the Wash D.C. area, I have 4g..so will it be worth buying a new 3g phone?

everstar80

Reaction score
I live in a 4g area and until they get both 4g LTE to play nice with dual core devices, then its not a concern for me right now as that was the biggest problem with the Bionic, a year from now, definitely because hopefully by then the technology will have been developed better and able to have dual/quad band cores and LTE. And this device seems to be a beast. So I definitely can work with a sturdy dualcore device with these suspected specs.

xsylus

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Sony Xperia XA2 Ultra H4233
Kalooskees!

Aside from the internal specs the only things I really care about with the Droid 3 is an unlocked bootloader and motoBlur. I don't want motoblur but if the bootloader is unlocked then ROMs can be developed that have motoblur stripped out. I'm not liking the silver/chrome look around the LCD only because it looks too much like the (pre-iPhone 4) iPhones. But that's just cosmetic and probably wouldn't matter since I'd be likely to use a snap-on case with it. LTE doesn't matter to me since I don't plan to use this phone on Verizon. Can't wait until the Droid 3 is officially released dancedroid