[Rumor] Droid 3 Specs Leaked; Dual-Core CPU, qHD 4-inch Display, No LTE

stopswitch

Reaction score
Yay! Not only does it not have LTE, but most likely another Motorola locked phone! Gonna keep my thunderbolt, most of everybody will be holding out for the Bionic.

Stelv

Silver Member
Reaction score
How come the Atrix has 1gig of ram and the droid 3 and x2 have 512mb? Maybe it doesnt need more ram because of dual core. Then why did they put more ram in Atrix? Would you buy a computer with crappy ram? It seems like all of vzws phones have last years ram (except TB)... am I just making a big deal over ram for nothing?

Sent from my fascinate

chris420o

Reaction score
yeah i mean i love my og...but why not push this phone to the limit so people are happy...give us at least 1 gig of ram...i know lte sucks with the tegra2 then find a new friggin chip that plays nice with lte sorry nvidia as much of a fan i am of yours if you guys cant work out heat issues with lte whats the point?...dont advertise all this new fancy technology like the best lte network when you cant release a devise that is up to par with every other device out that can run on your fancy network...not last years tech with an lte radio

icemang

Reaction score
Dear Verizon and Motorola,

I've had an available update for two months now. At first I was waiting for the Bionic but...

So could you guys explain to my why the hell I should use the upgrade on a 3G phone when I live in a 4G area?

Sign me,

Just Curious

bsweetness

Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 2 XL
How come the Atrix has 1gig of ram and the droid 3 and x2 have 512mb? Maybe it doesnt need more ram because of dual core. Then why did they put more ram in Atrix? Would you buy a computer with crappy ram? It seems like all of vzws phones have last years ram (except TB)... am I just making a big deal over ram for nothing?

Sent from my fascinate

We actually don't know how much ram the Droid 3 will have at this point. Nothing concrete has come out about it yet. Presumably part of the reason for the Atrix to have 1 gig is because of the webtop software.

But I do agree. Hopefully they'll up the ram from what they put in the X2.

Stelv

Silver Member
Reaction score
I cant wait till the evo 3d comes out. Sprint 4g capable (small coverage area right now though). 1gig ram, big battery, 1.2 dual core, hdmi, $200...and the best part, Sprint will give you $125 if you switch from another carrier to cover part of your ETF. Still vzw has its plusses, but its tempting.

Sent from my fascinate

drkow19

Reaction score
Hear hear! More ram! More power! UNLIMITED POOWWEERRR!
Yes, my Lord.

Obviously this thing will be able to handle anything Android can give it. But will it be unlocked bootloader or will we have to play the waiting game before we get our sweet roms and kernels on it? I would upgrade from my Droid1 either way, but I sure hope it can be hacked so, you know, I can get double the battery life with all the secret features I love from custom roms. Excited to find out more!dancedroid

jedihep

Reaction score
Hear hear! More ram! More power! UNLIMITED POOWWEERRR!
Yes, my Lord.

Obviously this thing will be able to handle anything Android can give it. But will it be unlocked bootloader or will we have to play the waiting game before we get our sweet roms and kernels on it? I would upgrade from my Droid1 either way, but I sure hope it can be hacked so, you know, I can get double the battery life with all the secret features I love from custom roms. Excited to find out more!dancedroid

Gooooood! You're fulfilling you're destiny drkow19. Learn to use the power of the Dark Side of the Droid! To cheat the locked bootloader is a power achieved by only one. But together I know we can discover the secret. The power of the Dark Side of the Droid is strong with you. A powerful ROM user you will become. Hence forth you will be known as Darth drkow19! Arise with your D3 when it is released my young apprentice and together we will rule the android galaxy!!!!

i can read

Reaction score
Think how big this phone would be if it had a LTE radio in it... It would be like having a brick in your pocket

Malvado

DF News Team/Mod
Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com
droid-3-itw-2-leak.jpg

This isn't exactly anything that we didn't already have a clue about, but supposedly the actual specs for the Droid 3 have been leaked, and they seem to be in-line with what a lot of the industry rumor had them pegged as anyway. This "latest" info indicates that the Droid 3 from Motorola will have a dual-core processor (although which one was not mentioned), a 4-inch qHD display, and unfortunately will not have LTE. Again, this stuff was already speculated at this point, but it seems to be coming closer to being factual with each new tidbit. Now, if we can only get some newer "leaked" pictures, or something more official from Moto...

Source: Engadget
why do we need to post a thread about this like 10 times...no offense dg but it wouldnt hurt to look before you post

Anathema

Reaction score
i love how people on the engadget site are complaining that if this phone doesnt have 4g theres no way its going to sell or they will even consider buying it. Dont they realize that there are A LOT of us verizon users that dont even have 4g nor are scheduled to receive it for another 1-2 years? Just some food for thought ...

...such as those of us in Montana :)

Sometimes it's a bummer living in the middle of nowhere (Pierson, MI for me)

loki993

Reaction score
i love how people on the engadget site are complaining that if this phone doesnt have 4g theres no way its going to sell or they will even consider buying it. Dont they realize that there are A LOT of us verizon users that dont even have 4g nor are scheduled to receive it for another 1-2 years? Just some food for thought ...

This is supposed to be a top of the like flagship phone correct? I find it unacceptable that a flagship phone at this point, or even better at the point the D3 will be released, could be released without 4G. Basicallyu if it doesnt have 4G its not a flagship device.

Aside from the internal specs the only things I really care about with the Droid 3 is an unlocked bootloader and motoBlur. I don't want motoblur but if the bootloader is unlocked then ROMs can be developed that have motoblur stripped out. I'm not liking the silver/chrome look around the LCD only because it looks too much like the (pre-iPhone 4) iPhones. But that's just cosmetic and probably wouldn't matter since I'd be likely to use a snap-on case with it. LTE doesn't matter to me since I don't plan to use this phone on Verizon. Can't wait until the Droid 3 is officially released dancedroid
Yeah I wouldnt hold your breath on the unlocked bootloader thing, all we can hope is someone figures how to root in anyway lol.

Dear Verizon and Motorola,

I've had an available update for two months now. At first I was waiting for the Bionic but...

So could you guys explain to my why the hell I should use the upgrade on a 3G phone when I live in a 4G area?

Sign me,

Just Curious

Exactly

King_Bean

Reaction score
Why can't Verizon get a kick ass phone with a 4.3 inch screen? (besides the Thunderbolt) My next phone must have a 4.3 inch screen. I don't really care about the 4G but it'd be nice to have it since I do live in a 4G area. I'm thinking about getting the X2 but I played around with the Samsung Infuse on AT&T and it makes me want to wait for something like that on Verizon. That phone is :icon_eek: and it makes me realize that I don't mind a 4.5 inch screen at all. In fact, I almost would prefer a 4.5. I may ditch Verizon if they don't get their act together.