Droid X2 Selling Today In-Stores?

etx_droid

Reaction score
^No, the new Blur is nice, alot better, thats why I asked...lol

That's good to hear. I'm really holding myself back from going and "playing" with one of the X2's. I'm afraid if I have one in hand, I'll leave with it...which probably isn't a bad thing, BUT, I'm really trying to hold off for the D3.

We shall see what transpires...

jntdroid

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
grabbed my X2 yesterday at Best Buy... besides the screen, I'm happy with it... I haven't decided on the screen yet - it looks nice, but doesn't like things scrolling evidently... looong story short. Battery life is hard to test so far... I did a full charge before bed last night and cleared batterystats.bin, and I'm at 60% right now... but I've been messing with it a lot this morning.

HEMLOCK

Reaction score
The screen issues you're having are from the blur home. I ran launcher pro for awhile & it works flawless. Im only running the moto launcher to do some more testing, then ill go back. Other than that which you mentioned, how can you not love the display? Its bright, clear, & crisp IMO.

Sent from my DROID X2 using DroidForums

music life

Reaction score
just stopped by the vzw store.

me and my bro pre ordered the X2 toady at the store. i used the dummy version and it felt solid. much better than the X. i was slightly concerned about how fast the back got hot after played a demo but hoping it was nothing.

will get it about tuesday or wednesday. was VERY surprised that the vzw rep said it should NOT be in stores that best buy could be fined for selling them before Moto's set release date. i just used best buy as an example with him.

anyone can comment on that? dont know if its true or not.

Cant wait to get my X2 :)

HEMLOCK

Reaction score

me and my bro pre ordered the X2 toady at the store. i used the dummy version and it felt solid. much better than the X. i was slightly concerned about how fast the back got hot after played a demo but hoping it was nothing.

will get it about tuesday or wednesday. was VERY surprised that the vzw rep said it should NOT be in stores that best buy could be fined for selling them before Moto's set release date. i just used best buy as an example with him.

Was it a corporate or premium VZW store? I read some stores can and others can't. Not sure why that is. Either way I know im still enjoying my new phone! :)

music life

Reaction score

Was it a corporate or premium VZW store? I read some stores can and others can't. Not sure why that is. Either way I know im still enjoying my new phone! :)

im not entirely sure. but just thought it was strange that a store like best buy could get away with it if that were true.

was just curious tho. sitting here counting the days till my X2 arrives.

how is yours so far?

HEMLOCK

Reaction score

im not entirely sure. but just thought it was strange that a store like best buy could get away with it if that were true.

was just curious tho. sitting here counting the days till my X2 arrives.

how is yours so far?

I love it. Im really glad a chose this over some of the other devices out right now. I could have waited for a "better" phone, but im impatient & this X2 is all I need plus more. My battery life actually seems the same or better than my DROID 1. After about 10 hours of moderate to heavy use, I was still at 40%.

gowens1

Reaction score
Droid X2 - 2 Months Later

I have had my Droid X2 (Verizon) for 2 months now.
Here are some initial observations;

- It definitely takes time to get used to - play with it.
- The stores should provide regularly scheduled classes on how to get the most out of it
- The first time I got a call I did not know how to answer it !
- The battery life is awful. I recall similar battery life - on the old BRICK phones (I am not kidding)
The battery life is so bad you need to check the phone several times a day to ensure it is not dead
- It has some cool apps, but I wish there were more business based apps from reliable sources.
- The phone will often reboot for no reason.
- Sometimes when I get a call the screen will not change (landscape/portrait) and I can not answer the call.
- It seems you really have to search, test, and search again to find good reliable apps.
- You WILL need a car charger, so go ahead and get one now.

I know there are a lot of negative comments here, but to tell the truth I have never had a phone
that was as buggy and quirky as this one. And, I have had a cell phone since the early days of cell service.
It used to be that anything that Verizon put on the street was rock solid before it was shipped.
I guess that concept is gone.

I like the flexibility the Droid X2 give me, but at what cost ? Bugs, Reboots, Poor Battery Life ?

Anyway, My 2 Bits