Droid X2 Just Became Real On Motorola.com

y0manda

Reaction score
I hope people run out and use their upgrade for this phone. It only leaves more 4g bandwidth for me. Hurry everyone go out and buy this blazing fast dual core phone, you won't regret it.
Sent from my ADR6400L using DroidForums

johnomaz

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel 2XL
Nice phone. I have the first DroidX and am keeping it as I am not set for an upgrade yet. I love the form factor of the DX and am glad they didn't change it. So many people are complaining that it isn't 4G. BFD, 4G is in very limited area already, it kills battery life and really, who cares. 3G has been working just fine for me, its more than fast enough FOR A PHONE.

Anyone know if Moto encrypted the bootloader too, or if its unlockable?

blboyd

Reaction score
I've been ready for my upgrade to get rid of this Droid1 and move to something more powerful.

I have a personal list of requirements and the DroidX2 seems like it fit the bill.

Dual Core - Check
1GB Ram - Check
4.3" Screen - Check
8Meg Camera - Check
High Res Screen - Check
4G - What the Hell?!?!

I thought this was my dream phone.

Is there anything on the horizon to suggest another powerhouse phone with 4G capability?

Thanks!
Brandon

Zael

Reaction score
Is this phone going to be free of the locked boot loaders that plagued the previous Droid X, and the Droid2? The answer to that question is the same answer as my interest in the device.

Tas

Reaction score
Been actually one of the few that is wanting a 3G phone. The longer I can stay with my unlimited plan, the happier I will be. I will probably head over to 4G after my next phone. Hopefully by then, they would have better phones that are more efficient. Just can't decide on Droid X2 or wait for Droid 3. Don't really care for the keyboard but I'm hoping D3 is stock.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums

phatkat66

Reaction score
Im definitely gonna get this. It has the dual core and better screen, and the fact that the outside is exactly the same is the #1 selling point for me. This means i can use ALL of my accessories I spent money on for this phone (Car dock, desk cradles, extra batteries - i think). It always bums me out when i upgrade a phone and im left with 200 - 300$ of accessories that need to be thrown out or sold for 10 - 20$.

StormyHeather

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Galaxy S21
Twitter
GAPeachHeather
So, the Droid X2 is not showing on the Motorola website anymore. :icon_eek: Did they make it go away? Someone must have told on them. It doesn't come up in any search on the Motorola website and the link provided in the OP gives an No Content error.

phxslayer

Reaction score
Been actually one of the few that is wanting a 3G phone. The longer I can stay with my unlimited plan, the happier I will be. I will probably head over to 4G after my next phone. Hopefully by then, they would have better phones that are more efficient. Just can't decide on Droid X2 or wait for Droid 3. Don't really care for the keyboard but I'm hoping D3 is stock.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums

I'm in the same boat. For phone speeds I am still satisfied with 3G. I only tether during hunting season to vpn my timesheet into work. Even with using vpn and rdp, I can still surf well enough that I'm not going to complain. Keep it unlimited for as long as I can stand it.

Raidy

Reaction score
D1 -> X2 seems well worth it...KB only concern

As of right now, I'll be upgrading to the X2 from my D1 as soon as it comes out. My biggest concern is whether or not I'll miss my keyboard from the D1, which I do tend to use frequently enough.

I'm hoping the X2's much larger screen and performance boost will make it unnecessary, however at least I'll have a month to decide to keep it, or return it and wait for the Droid 3 (which I'm still torn about doing, but hey, why not at least give the X2 a shot).

cananot

Reaction score
I just heard about the x2 it's suppose to kick butt. But I like my x and heard that there's problems with the processor moto is still working the bugs out but who knows I will have to see and play with it and see how it is before I shell out 400 bucks to Verizon

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums