[Rumor] Motorola Droid X2 Could Launch May 26th

leonozug

Reaction score
hmmm its only coming with an 8G sd card? woulda thought it would have been more.

You know I was excited about the X2 but now with a smaller SD card and no increase in RAM I may be sticking with my X...I'll have to go try it out and if it seems mind-blowingly faster than my X overclocked to 1.2Ghz running Zombiestomped 1.65, I might consider it. But I doubt it will be much faster honestly. Might be waiting for the Bionic now...

yeah when i saw that i got pretty upset. i had it in my head that the X2 was most likely gonna be my next phone. mainly bc i didnt have time to wait for anything more to come out. but if it does come with that small of a SD card i will have to suck it up.

hope they land the D3 shortly after.

The only thing I'm thinking about is when the X2's dual-core processor is overclocked to 1.5Ghz like the Zoom or Galaxy S II, how blazing fast will it be...that may be it's saving grace over the regular X and worth picking it up. From what I've read lately the dual-core's are running comfortably at 1.5Ghz's, and super fast. I just want really nice speed looking up websites and super fast response from the touchscreen really. Overclocked to 1.5Ghz should do that. lol

leonozug

Reaction score
Oh yea, if it can run well at 1.5ghz it will absolutely smoke!!

I'm thinking overclocked 1.5Ghz and with a stripped down Rom built for speed, the X2 would be BLAZING. It may be worth buying it...I'm sure it'll be done shortly after it's release and all the people saying they would never buy it will be thinking second thoughts. I'm positve over 3000 in the quadrant would be happening, and then people would be changing their tunes. lol

leonozug

Reaction score
sounds like i gotta learn how to do that. lol

Haha!! Well I'm saying 1.5Ghz theoretically because of the zoom and galaxy S II being overclocked to that number. I assume the X2 would be also. Let's hope JRummy can work his overclocking magic on the X2 like he did the X!! dancedroid

Suuperflie

Reaction score
This will be a 3g phone.

So I'm assuming that the reason for no front facing camera huh?

Front facing camera is so pointless. I know soooooo many people with an iPhone 4 who also know each other and never use the damn thing. Its just marketing to make you think you need one. But then you go to make a call and realize you look like ****. You realize you don't want to hold your arm out to hold the phone looking at you. You realize that talking via speaker phone is rubbish no matter what.

I disagree. FFC is a very good seller for people like me who are in the military and often leave families for extended periods of time. Granted, I can't take it to the desert, but for 2-3 week temporary travels within the U.S. it's perfect and doesn't tie me to my laptop when I want to skype and see the kids.

salem667

Reaction score
Exactly, and with dual core, true multi-tasking.... Yea, 1.5 or close.... Thats what im talking bout.... It can benchmark 2250 out of the box, so 3000 should b easy!!! its like he-man..... I have the power! Who needs 4g with speed like that on X2, with dual-core. As for the 8g card.... Keep ur 16g and b done with it!!!!

Droid X

nerdslogic

Silver Member
Reaction score
or in my case keep your 32g.

I am feeling rather confident that I am getting the X2. I have said multiple times that I am waiting for the D3 but with the recent change in my situation with VZW (Droid 2 had issues....was replaced with D2G...I hate it....complained and they are sending my an X) I get to have some one on one time with an X. If I like it (which I will know very quickly) I imagine I will snag the X2 upon release....hell....if I don't like it I can use my second upgrade for the D3 in September.

pizza3

Reaction score
Looks official

DROID X2 BY MOTOROLA COMING TO VERIZON WIRELESS WITH DOUBLE THE POWER, DOUBLE THE DOES

Fast and Powerful DROID X2 by Motorola With Broad Range Of New Features To Be Available Online Beginning May 19

BASKING RIDGE, N.J., and LIBERTYVILLE, Ill. – Verizon Wireless and Motorola Mobility, Inc. (NYSE: MMI), today announced the second-generation DROID X2 by Motorola, designed for the consumer who does everything on their smartphone.

Fly through the Web with the DROID X2, which boasts Verizon Wireless' first dual-core 1 GHz processor for fast webpage loading and Adobe® Flash® Player, allowing Verizon Wireless customers to experience rich content online. The 4.3-inch scratch-resistant and anti-reflective qHD display delivers a sharp, clear view ideal for watching movies, typing emails and playing your favorite games. Never miss a moment using the 8-megapixel camera with continuous autofocus and stunning HD video capture. Use the new Gallery app to view, tag and post photos on sites like Flickr® and Facebook®, all from one place.

Additional features: