Droid X Scores 1173 Quadrant Benchmark Fresh Out of Box

wuyanks

DF News Team
Premium Member
Reaction score
droid_x_quadrant[df].png

The Droid X is being released on July 15th. But that hasn't stopped dozens of people from receiving their Droid X's early. And as you may already know, the Droid X sports the powerful TI OMAP 3640 clocked at 1Ghz. So how does the Droid X fair in the popular benchmark tool, Quadrant?

Well cabarette007 was one of the lucky ones who got his Droid X early. And he put it right to the test. Fresh out of the box, his stock Droid X put up an astonishing Quadrant score of 1173. This score demolishes all other current 2.1 stock Android phones, like the Incredible (500), Desire (500), and Motorola Droid (300).

My question, how will this fare against the upcoming Galaxy S Series? And how will the Droid X perform, once it gets the coveted FroYo updated, expected in late August?

Source Twitter, TwitPic
Thanks to Shadez for the tip

Last edited:

Dave12308

Silver Member
Reaction score
I have a feeling that alot of it has to do with the new SGX 540 GPU and i'm thinking perhaps some memory timing optimizations. The CPU core is supposedly the same basic Cortex A8. It's also possible that the 3640 uses a higher bus speed, but I haven't read the TRM. I'd also bet on faster flash memory, so the file I/O benchmark would be higher.

OP
W

wuyanks

DF News Team
Premium Member
Reaction score
I thought the X stll had the 530 gpu thats in the Droid?

i believe you are correct. the 535 GPU is in the 3Gs/4/ipad. the 540 GPU is in Samsung's Hummingbird

serveitup911

Reaction score
I could see it hitting 5000+ overclocked to about 1.5 GHz, running froyo, and optimized.

Hugh Jass

Reaction score
I don't think a single thing would take advantage of something that powerful on a cellphone yet. The desire to overclock the X just isn't there...it's got plenty of power already.