Droid X Scores 1173 Quadrant Benchmark Fresh Out of Box

z06mike

Reaction score
I just downloaded that quadrant thing to try it and mine scored a 1233!

Raven1r44

Reaction score
dear lord, my moto-droid scores 1517 after having been overclocked to 1.1 with BB and chevyno.1's kernels, I cant wait for pete to his hands on the X and start coding *drools*

36952_410619071235_778976235_4384996_2206395_n.jpg

accellpo

Reaction score
Glad they focused on quality and power instead of silly gimmicks like a front facing camera. Motorola gets it!

victorythagr8

Reaction score
I don't think a single thing would take advantage of something that powerful on a cellphone yet. The desire to overclock the X just isn't there...it's got plenty of power already.

you do realize 2.0 ghz devices are coming out in the end of the month.

And since the chip is 45nm that most likely this chip has some serious overclocking capability.

But what is funny is how this article talking about how this device fair against the galaxy s series when it shows that galaxy is is not even outpeforming the droid x on quadrant.

Dave12308

Silver Member
Reaction score
I thought the X stll had the 530 gpu thats in the Droid?

i believe you are correct. the 535 GPU is in the 3Gs/4/ipad. the 540 GPU is in Samsung's Hummingbird

*facepalm* yeah, just ignore me........ So damn many devices coming down the pike that I got the 3640 confused with the hummingbird.....

I guess the memory clock is higher on the 3640 though, compared to the 3430 - and I also believe that the shrink to 45nm allowed them to clock the GPU core higher. According to this article, otherwise the 3430 and 3640 are pretty much the same:

Ruminations on various benchmarks for the OMAP 3600s, Hummingbird, and Snapdragon | AlienBabelTech

Dave12308

Silver Member
Reaction score
Hmmm from more reading of the article I posted above, it seems the DROID's SGX 530 is significantly underclocked to 110MHz (from 200MHz) - due to the memory bandwidth issue. If the DROID X is running the GPU at 200MHz right out of the box; and the memory bandwidth is higher; it would explain the higher scores.

mth04

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I don't think a single thing would take advantage of something that powerful on a cellphone yet. The desire to overclock the X just isn't there...it's got plenty of power already.

And since the chip is 45nm that most likely this chip has some serious overclocking capability.

But what is funny is how this article talking about how this device fair against the galaxy s series when it shows that galaxy is is not even outpeforming the droid x on quadrant.

That is not correct.....expect 2ghz and dual cores by years end. certainly not this month, The Droid X isnt expected to see a price drop un ti 01/01/2012

victorythagr8

Reaction score

That is not correct.....expect 2ghz and dual cores by years end. certainly not this month, The Droid X isnt expected to see a price drop un ti 01/01/2012

I meant the year not month.

OP
W

wuyanks

DF News Team
Premium Member
Reaction score
I thought the X stll had the 530 gpu thats in the Droid?

i believe you are correct. the 535 GPU is in the 3Gs/4/ipad. the 540 GPU is in Samsung's Hummingbird

*facepalm* yeah, just ignore me........ So damn many devices coming down the pike that I got the 3640 confused with the hummingbird.....

I guess the memory clock is higher on the 3640 though, compared to the 3430 - and I also believe that the shrink to 45nm allowed them to clock the GPU core higher. According to this article, otherwise the 3430 and 3640 are pretty much the same:

Ruminations on various benchmarks for the OMAP 3600s, Hummingbird, and Snapdragon | AlienBabelTech

interesting theory proposed by AlienBabelTech. too bad it's really impossible to get more specific tech specs than what TI provides