Droid X pre-order from Best Buy

just4747

Reaction score
Then even though my contract date is 5 days into 2011, should I pre-order at Best Buy anyway in hopes that they somehow let me pay only the $199?

And if it doesn't work there that day, I can try my luck in VZW hoping they will let me use the fact that my upgrade date is within 2010 instead of the contract end date (and do whatever with the BB gift card)?

Last edited:

Erron

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
Then even though my contract date is 5 days into 2011, should I pre-order at Best Buy anyway in hopes that they somehow let me pay only the $199?

And if it doesn't work there that day, I can try my luck in VZW hoping they will let me use the fact that my upgrade date is within 2010 instead of the contract end date (and do whatever with the BB gift card)?

Your upgrade date will not work. It states it right in the notes. But being 5 days into 2011 I bet you can talk nice w verizon and get it.

just4747

Reaction score

Your upgrade date will not work. It states it right in the notes. But being 5 days into 2011 I bet you can talk nice w verizon and get it.

Sorry I meant to say that since my end date is 5 days after, hope that they will bump up my upgrade date to make me eligible. AKA whatever way, get the phone at the lower price lol.

What a stressful pain in the ass this whole thing is. I don't see why they can't just make an exception for everyone since they are getting a contract renewal out of it. Not to mention how ****ty VZW seems to be with knowing what's going on. Seems unorganized to me.

mcfizzled

Reaction score
woohoo!

just got home from preordering mine! i happened to be the first one to preorder it where i'm at. not too surprised i guess. everyone should still be at work at the time I went to best buy.

DeadlyAP1

Reaction score
just got home from preordering mine! i happened to be the first one to preorder it where i'm at. not too surprised i guess. everyone should still be at work at the time I went to best buy.

That's what I was counting on too. I was lucky to have gotten out of work already when I found out about the pre-order and rushed over. I half expected a line but am glad I didn't!

hoax

Reaction score
I just preordered mine! I'm first in line at my local store.

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 3
Just pre-ordered mine at Best Buy in Bellevue, WA. I'm 7th in line. If they ship a box of six and that's it, I'll be furious :p

Can't wait!

David R

Reaction score
The Droid X is now available for pre orders.
tipsneeded.com/how-to-pre-order-droid-x/

Last edited:

doctagadget

Reaction score
Yeah I was at the best buy store to preorder but when I heard that I could only sign up for a 2 contract and not a 1 year I decided to get it from verizon.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

dyno213

Reaction score
First post! I just got back from pre-ordering the X. This will be my first smart phone. Looking forward to using the tons of information on this forum.

JhankG

Silver Member
Reaction score
Just got back from placing my preorder at Best Buy! I think the guy there recognized me from the Droid launch day last November. If Motorola keeps this up, they can expect to see me often!

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

soulpatch

Reaction score
My phone has been pre-ordered as of today at my local Verizon. I think I was order number 4. wife is looking forward to get my Droid as well...

hoax

Reaction score
Why is BB pre-ordering before Verizon themselves?

I would imagine BB is doing it "on their own" , for that matter, i could take pre-orders (if i sold phones). and allocate on a first come first serve basis...

This is exactly what Best Buy is doing. The rep I spoke with said they didn't know how many phones they were going to get but they are going to just go down the list until they are all gone.

daxdm302

Reaction score
Finally going to pre-order tommorrow at my local store.....
HOPE im one of the first

7-15-10
dancedroid:icon_ banana:dancedroid:icon_ banana:dancedroid