Droid X (MB809) generic firmware released!

Status
Not open for further replies.

drkcobra

Reaction score
Motorola has officially released a generic version of the Droid X firmware as well as an Alltel and Ntelos version and the "new" model number is MB809. This changes future potential greatly! Below are the 3 newest versions of firmware (sbf files) and their exact file name from Motorola.
(Sorry, I do not yet have these...)

Ntelos:
SHADO_X6_3.1.39_SHADOW_BP_C_02.06.00R_AP_BP_Flex_1F_signed_secure_ntelos_1ff_P3_USERBLD.sbf​

Brightpoint:
SHADO_X6_3.1.39_SHADOW_BP_C_02.06.00R_AP_BP_Flex_1E_signed_secure_DIST_1ff_P3_USERBLD.sbf​

Alltel:
SHADO_X6_3.1.39_SHADOW_BP_C_02.06.00R_AP_BP_Flex_20_signed_secure_alltel_1ff_P3_USERBLD.sbf​

OP
D

drkcobra

Reaction score
Huh!?

Proof/links? i cant find anything by googling

PROOF!!?? I gave you the exact file names right out of Motorola's spreadsheet number 545 that just posted today even though it has a release date of 3-30-2011. Perhaps you might go and take a look at Ntelos' website and see their list of Android phones offered...

OP
D

drkcobra

Reaction score
If you fail to grasp the concept that asking for proof is implying that someone is lying or misrepresenting something when they are not is insulting then I guess this is a waste of time. Doing a Google search is not doing your homework that is only a start and your lack of knowledge of Motorola's service practices and the fact that this spreadsheet is very limited distribution to a minimal of a level 2 service center then so be it...
I'm done!

usne8

Reaction score
If you fail to grasp the concept that asking for proof is implying that someone is lying or misrepresenting something when they are not is insulting then I guess this is a waste of time. Doing a Google search is not doing your homework that is only a start and your lack of knowledge of Motorola's service practices and the fact that this spreadsheet is very limited distribution to a minimal of a level 2 service center then so be it...
I'm done!

Dude chill. We get BSd about this stuff all the time. When he asked for proof and you go off all that does is make everyone think you're full of crap. If you want to help bring the help, leave the attitude and superiority complex
at the other forums you post on.
GB Rooted Deodexed OC'd and Gingercomb Juiced!

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Please do not insult any one on the forums. Op I think people are trying to figure out where yo are going with this info, We have a d2, milestone 2 and I know that you can not use one sbf for the other without bricking your phone, same with d1 and milestone 1.

DavidIsNumber1

Reaction score
It is true...

I have a milestone x which is a generic droid x and the firmware he listed first is the one that is preloaded on my device... kinda sucks because i need the file before i try using the clockworkmod recovery on it.. so if i f bomb it i can fix it...
i work at a cellphone service provider and our device software developer had the software but wont come off of it yet.... the firmware is a clone of the dx but unbranded 100%. if any one knows how to pull "backup" the firmware from the device please do tell... i tried using the cat /proc/mtd command in adb and it gives me nothing from a su prompt... just blank.

Rocko

Reaction score
Motorola has officially released a generic version of the Droid X firmware as well as an Alltel and Ntelos version and the "new" model number is MB809. This changes future potential greatly! Below are the 3 newest versions of firmware (sbf files) and their exact file name from Motorola.
(Sorry, I do not yet have these...)

Ntelos:
SHADO_X6_3.1.39_SHADOW_BP_C_02.06.00R_AP_BP_Flex_1F_signed_secure_ntelos_1ff_P3_USERBLD.sbf​

Brightpoint:
SHADO_X6_3.1.39_SHADOW_BP_C_02.06.00R_AP_BP_Flex_1E_signed_secure_DIST_1ff_P3_USERBLD.sbf​

Alltel:
SHADO_X6_3.1.39_SHADOW_BP_C_02.06.00R_AP_BP_Flex_20_signed_secure_alltel_1ff_P3_USERBLD.sbf​

I call BS.

teh_g

Reaction score
Yeah, OP, can you provide more information beyond file names?

ipeverywhere

Reaction score
This is a true story. I'm running the generic Droid X firmware on my X right now. If I had permission, I'd post a link here myself. The NV items are different than the Verizon Droid X. Spent the better part of a day dumping them so I could get the 3g icon back without using the cricKet nationwide 6499 prl. I hadn't been able to get the 3g icon on the X without using the 6499 prl until I got a link to the generic.

Rocko

Reaction score
This is a true story. I'm running the generic Droid X firmware on my X right now. If I had permission, I'd post a link here myself. The NV items are different than the Verizon Droid X. Spent the better part of a day dumping them so I could get the 3g icon back without using the cricKet nationwide 6499 prl. I hadn't been able to get the 3g icon on the X without using the 6499 prl until I got a link to the generic.

One post? For real? Nope.

Status
Not open for further replies.