Official Thread: Official Gingerbread Rooted!

AZBOY45

Reaction score
Hey wyld, it worked like a charm. I checked About phone> Status and my phone number is there (which is a good sign). Last time i did it My number was gone and it was some number there 000.000.0084 . So far so good i'm going to check on a few other things but it looks good so far. Thx for all your help. :)

wyld

Reaction score
Glad to hear that! Glad to help!

Sent from my rooted GB DROID X 1.15 Ghz

schrajw

Reaction score
Holy crap, there is a God after all! Ok, trying not to get TOO excited, but here's the story so far... Apparently I had an incomplete/partial SBF that I was trying to flash back to Froyo with. If you are looking for a great file source for these procedures, well this one is top in my book:

Droid X SBF

Finally am able to SBF to Froyo now. Seriously, I had the gun out and was about to load it when I noticed this post on how to jump start/power your phone. It's not for the technically un-inclined, but worked like a champ.

http://www.droidforums.net/forum/droid-x-hacks/68222-unbricking-your-droid-x.html

Many, many thanks to those who replied and offered support, and especially for these most useful posts. Without this information, I'd own a $600 paperweight. Believe me, I was ready to give up completely... never do so! Read on, and on, and on... you'll find what you're looking for sooner or later.

My superphone is back in action. Now, wonder if I should give the GB flash another try? Why the heck not.

wyld

Reaction score
Holy crap, there is a God after all! Ok, trying not to get TOO excited, but here's the story so far... Apparently I had an incomplete/partial SBF that I was trying to flash back to Froyo with. If you are looking for a great file source for these procedures, well this one is top in my book:

Droid X SBF

Finally am able to SBF to Froyo now. Seriously, I had the gun out and was about to load it when I noticed this post on how to jump start/power your phone. It's not for the technically un-inclined, but worked like a champ.

http://www.droidforums.net/forum/droid-x-hacks/68222-unbricking-your-droid-x.html

Many, many thanks to those who replied and offered support, and especially for these most useful posts. Without this information, I'd own a $600 paperweight. Believe me, I was ready to give up completely... never do so! Read on, and on, and on... you'll find what you're looking for sooner or later.

My superphone is back in action. Now, wonder if I should give the GB flash another try? Why the heck not.

Well I'm glad you got the help you needed. Honestly I never read that thread but I will be bookmarking that for the future. Alot of info in this forum. This is how we learn.

schrajw

Reaction score
Yeah, guess it is how we learn. That's a great point. Really do appreciate any and all info on this forum. Your post is of great value. I'm presently re-trying the GB flash with your instructions and the zips placed directly on the root of the sd card. If it works, and believe me it doesn't make a whole lot of sence to me either, then we know file location DOES matter as well.

I guess regardless, for anyone reading this in the future, just put the zip files for the GB Parts I and II directly in the root (lowest) file location on your sd card before doing the flash. That way it's one less thing to worry about going wrong. And believe me, things can go wrong...

schrajw

Reaction score
Worked! Didn't even have to clear/reset, just went straight into the zips and I'm up and running rooted GB. Figured, why not after all I've been through. What's the worst that could happen... brick the phone? Been there, done that.... End up in the deep, dark, trenches of bricking the DX (with a partial flash installed, corrupted sbf, and no battery power to be had)? Been there, done that one also. I know, I know... be nice. Just feeling good having revived my droid after it went in cardiac arrest.

wyld

Reaction score
Glad to finally made it over to the dark side! Lol

sacnvz

Reaction score
Worked! Didn't even have to clear/reset, just went straight into the zips and I'm up and running rooted GB. Figured, why not after all I've been through. What's the worst that could happen... brick the phone? Been there, done that.... End up in the deep, dark, trenches of bricking the DX (with a partial flash installed, corrupted sbf, and no battery power to be had)? Been there, done that one also. I know, I know... be nice. Just feeling good having revived my droid after it went in cardiac arrest.

Nice! Glad you were able to get it fixed. I'm enjoying the rooted GB. I noticed my battery life seems to be a bit better also vs. the OTA GB.

Moroney167

Reaction score
Can someone help me why when I send a picture people get then as a slideshow? Getting old! They can't save the image or anything. Occasionally I receive them as one too.

Thanks. I am up to the .595 update

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

crashx2

Reaction score
Hey guys,
I'm trying to upgrade to gingerbread rooted. I sbf-ed back to froyo 2.3.34, then rooted, downloaded parts 1 and 2 zip files, and when I try to flash them it aborts, giving me a code 7. Can anyone help?

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

Top_Droid

Reaction score
I feel like an idiot for asking, but I can't figure out how to download the part 1 & 2 files

The links take me to a page that shows me the files but doesn't let me download it.

Please help

schrajw

Reaction score
Ota = fricked

Think you may still be able to revert back to Froyo, re-root, then follow the self install in this thread.

Last edited:

shollyac

Reaction score
how do I re-root the device and keep all my stuff....I have programs that need root.