Official Thread: Official Gingerbread Rooted!

schrajw

Reaction score
From what I've read, not if you did ota (over the air) update to GB. You have to revert back to the previous o.s. (Froyo) via flashing with a sbf file.

banditz

Reaction score
Hey guys, I have a problem with GB 4.5.496. I started with my stock rooted foyer and everytrhing was going fine until I got to the 2nd zip file and got an error when it was updating BP and then said installation aborted.

I redownloaded the 2nd zip and I can not get it on the sd card. It says disk full or write protected. How can I get this file on the sd card?

I read someware there is a single file version of it too. Any ideas?

Thanks

banditz

Reaction score
Failed Attempt

Ok, after a failed attempt to flash the new rooted 4.5.496 becuase of a bad zip file I finnaly sbp back to foyer .340.

I rooted and ran bootstrap loader for droid to and restored my backup before all this mess.

Problem is the gingerbread update is still continuing the download it started. How can i STOP this download? Will it automatically install or will I have to tell it to install?

Please, I'm begging for help now. I can't live without my Droid X

Thanks

banditz

Reaction score
Where is everyone?

I ended up freezing the updater with titanium backup for now to get me by.

IS THERE A SINGLE FILE ROOTED GINGERBREAD v4.5.496

if so were can it be found?

Thanks again

brad92

Silver Member
Reaction score
You cannot get from Froyo to .596 with one file. Its a 2 part process.

You can use the 3 part files to get to .588 and then use the 1 part file to get to .596.

sent from my ApeX

schrajw

Reaction score
Sorry for the delay, work comes first. Not sure where to find a single file. Sounds to me like you need to try another set of GB zips to install, but first clean out your sd card to free up some space. Not sure how much you need for the update files, but additional space may be required for unpacking of files during the actual flash. I'd say a few Gb of free space outta do it.

banditz

Reaction score
I have a 16gb sc card with 6gb left. That should be plenty of room. Maybe I will try to find another source for the 2 files. Unless I just got a bad download from here?

Should the data and cache be wiped before I install the 2 zip files?
I don't mind trying again as long as I know I can undo it and go back to foyer if I have problems.

schrajw

Reaction score
Yes, you can always revert back to Froyo (not Foyer). Anyhow, I was able to flash to GB without clearing out data first, but if you read further back on this thread you'll find out it's recommended to clear out before proceeding. I got lucky, and didn't care at the point I was at if things didn't work out. If you're having issues, I'd clear everything out as instructed. I used the two zips pointed out in this thread without issue.

brad92

Silver Member
Reaction score
Yes. These are the exact same files I linked to in the other thread. Just a different website.

The files are free.

sent from my ApeX

DyMiC

Reaction score
I tried to flash this yesterday, got an error, and ended up soft bricking the phone. I SBFed, and I'm redownloading and trying again. We'll see what happens.